Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Planning Application - Lewes DC recommended NOT to object; Falmer PC do object

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
It's baffling. Any business in Falmer right now is blatantly tin-pot. Take the farm shop for instance. If you're the owner of that then you probably make PEANUTS as things stand. However, sort out some decent food and drink to sell to 10,000 people every fortnight and your takings will multiply tenfold. These people are BLIND.

NOt forgetting the however many builders, contractors, surveyors on site from now until the thing gets finished. Think of all the tea breaks they have everyday, sort out some sausage and bacon butties, teas etc and they will be QUIDS IN.

NOt forgetting the however many builders, contractors, surveyors on site from now until the thing gets finished. Think of all the tea breaks they have everyday, sort out some sausage and bacon butties, teas etc and they will be QUIDS IN.

Maybe you super heroes should diversify and get yourselves a burger van type thingy for the next couple of years. Doubt if they'll be much happening on at the weekends so shouldn't affect your football watching, get a proper rota sorted for midweek games although TCB could do all the JP Trophy days as he never goes.
I can even visualise you on Dragons Den - 20% stake in a mobile tea & bacon roll business for £60M. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So Lord B, if B&H Council can just "take note" of FPC & Co's objections, and approve it anyway, why did you describe this as "Bad News"

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
I am sick and tired of Cuntrest, FPC, the f***ing SDJC and all of the other anal bastards that are objecting just for the sake of objecting. I hope the stadium makes their lives hell-screw all of this goodwill towards the neighbours bullshit. If ever we needed motivation for becoming the noisiest fans in the country we needn't look any further than these bastards...

So much for accepting the decision and working together.

Couldnt agree more...f***ing rediculous now, just objecting for the sake of it...total wankers. If Brighton and Hove council are fully behind the stadium then surely there going to approve the application....so why are these fuckers bothering?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Couldnt agree more...f***ing rediculous now, just objecting for the sake of it...total wankers. If Brighton and Hove council are fully behind the stadium then surely there going to approve the application....so why are these fuckers bothering?

Total waste of council tax

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
B & H council will suerly have to look into this thouroughly though to cover their backs, they can't just boot out this appeal. Surely must impact the opening date ?
Re-assurance still needed ;-(

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I think we should all invite them to the first match at the ground and I bet they all sit there with smug faces telling all and sundry what a lovely job has been made of the stadium.

Two-faced petty politicos are always so easy to spot.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
2.The new roof arch.

The new design of roof arch which replaces the designed butterfly arch is much less graceful and will look like a series of triangular blocks. We object to a change which will make the building less attractive.

This is completely subjective. They would no doubt be arguing exactly the same if the two applications occurred in the opposite order.

It will not be as productive as it is now for 5- 10years. This has been confirmed by the farmer who currently farms the land. The amount of run off water will increase and will affect Village Way North and the railway line.

Well, they've asked the farmer so what more proof could you ask for.

It also did not have to consider the stadium as a major hospitality venue and how this could affect other venues in Brighton and Hove such as the sea front hotels. This needs to be given consideration.

So they have got the interests of the city's hoteliers at heart. I wonder if the worry keeps FPC awake at night.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It looks like most of the objections are rather subjective. For instance, the bund thing - I didn't even notice when the first images of the new design were released that they'd gone!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
"The previously proposed arrangement for disposing of spoil off site by lorry was acceptable to the Secretary of State, and the vehicle movements arising from the process were of no concern to the Parish Council."

No Concern? Only 22,000 lorry-loads going thundering past your twin villages?

:thud:

B & H council will suerly have to look into this thouroughly though to cover their backs, they can't just boot out this appeal. Surely must impact the opening date ?
Re-assurance still needed ;-(
It's not an appeal. It's a representation. Just like the HUNDREDS of representations have gone in from users of North Stand Chat. They will all be read. They'll all be taken into account. They won't delay the meeting of the Planning Committee. And they certainly won't delay the opening date of the stadium.

Is this the FINAL planning application then m'lud? Or do the club need to issue a new one every time they so much as change a barrel of Harveys?
As was announced months ago ... the application for the new City College building next to the stadium is still being worked up.

The Harveys is yet to be ordered. I guess you're hoping for Best Bitter. Will you OBJECT if it turns out to be Old?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's interesting to see FPC and SDJC can't even agree on things to disagree about.

SDJC support the idea of the infill being deposited locally, FPC object.

SDJC support the idea of a college instead of businesses in the East Stand. FPC object.

And in reading FPC's objections, you get to realise that Melanie Cuttress gives a masterclass in contradiction. As for this...

"It also did not have to consider the stadium as a major hospitality venue and how this could affect other venues in Brighton and Hove such as the sea front hotels." Since when did Falmer Parish Council dictate the travel and tourism policy of a neighbouring city council with whom its relationship is at arm's length?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Only because it contrasts with the good news that Lewes DC are being recommended not to object.
Lord B, what happens if the Planning Dept throws out our application? Does work have to stop as the building will no longer comply with the new planning regs?

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Only because it contrasts with the good news that Lewes DC are being recommended not to object.

I guess the planning committee has changed somewhat since the original stadium was approved by the council. Do we know how the current members are likely to vote?

I know we can't take anything for granted, but is there any real danger the council will not approve this application?

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
can someone raise an injunction against the falmerites, to stop these malicious objections?

they must be minted if they can afford to keep on a lawyer(?), to advise on all this..

and to be honest, the village is hardly a beauty spot. have seen a better looking cess pit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here