Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer March - Monday 26 September

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The History Man said:
We will have lots of flyers for you to spread the word about the march at the Coventry game. Get them from the Supporters' Club campaign tables in the North Stand and South Stand. The South Stand table is in the white programme booth to your right as you pass through the turnstiles.

Have the flyers got The Fat Lady on? Quality artwork in the Sheffield United programme. Make up into a damn fine poster IMHO :clap:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Yes, I reckon the artwork is top banana - a great end to a great campaign.

Now's the time to see how many people really do care enough about the Albion. Which of these is more likely to change minds?

(1) Brighton fans stand up - in their own ground, FFS - and astonish each other by agreeing that they all want Falmer? How lame is that?

(2) Brighton fans and Sussex people come out in their thousands and demonstrate outside the Government's annual conference - to Prescott, to Labour MPs, to the general public, and to the pathetic nimbys - how important the new stadium is to everyone, and how we demand a yes decision now!

Don't stand up for Falmer. FFS (For Falmer's Sake) MARCH !!!

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If Mickey Adams can make the effort to come down from Cov to march, then any Albion fan who is available to attend shoud make every effort to attend...

There were about 6k BHAFC fans at Withdean yesterday... that figure should be a bare minimum attendance on the seafront for the march...

Get down there!... thank you... :)

CoventrySeagull

Jul 7, 2003
Back in HANGLETON
After hearing/reading all the comments about the Falmer march and the message from Micky Adams at the Cov game on Saturday, I have been absolutely persuaded that the ONLY place I should be on Monday 26th September is on Brighton seafront with - HOPEFULLY - thousands of other Brighton fans and supporters of a new stadium at FALMER!!!!

If Micky can take the time to come down to Brighton from Coventry, then there is absolutely NO reason why I can't either!!!

As such I have booked the afternoon off work and WILL be joining you all at the start, for the march along the seafront to the Brighton Centre. I could also come and join any festivities afterwards as I will have to stay down in Brighton overnight, before going back to work in Cov the following morning!!!

Will try and persuade as many people as I can to come and join me, including my brother and mates.

Message we should deliver to JP: WE WANT FALMER, WE NEED FALMER!! PRESCOTT, GIVE US A GROUND; PRESCOTT, PRESCOTT, GIVE US A GROUND!!!

WE ARE BRIGHTON, WE ARE BRIGHTON, SUPER BRIGHTON; WE ARE BRIGHTON, SUPER BRIGHTON; WE ARE BRIGHTON, FROM THE SOUTH!!! SEAAAA - GULLSSSSSS!!!!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
CoventrySeagull said:
After hearing/reading all the comments about the Falmer march and the message from Micky Adams at the Cov game on Saturday, I have been absolutely persuaded that the ONLY place I should be on Monday 26th September is on Brighton seafront with - HOPEFULLY - thousands of other Brighton fans and supporters of a new stadium at FALMER!!!!

If Micky can take the time to come down to Brighton from Coventry, then there is absolutely NO reason why I can't either!!!

As such I have booked the afternoon off work and WILL be joining you all at the start, for the march along the seafront to the Brighton Centre. I could also come and join any festivities afterwards as I will have to stay down in Brighton overnight, before going back to work in Cov the following morning!!!

Will try and persuade as many people as I can to come and join me, including my brother and mates.

Message we should deliver to JP: WE WANT FALMER, WE NEED FALMER!! PRESCOTT, GIVE US A GROUND; PRESCOTT, PRESCOTT, GIVE US A GROUND!!!

WE ARE BRIGHTON, WE ARE BRIGHTON, SUPER BRIGHTON; WE ARE BRIGHTON, SUPER BRIGHTON; WE ARE BRIGHTON, FROM THE SOUTH!!! SEAAAA - GULLSSSSSS!!!!!

Nice work!... :) :clap: :clap2:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Will try and get there too - have been very ill recently but in recovery and hopefully I shall be fit and ready to report for duty

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
We have all in our own way no doubt 'done something' to try and get Falmer. Whether this was writing a letter, collecting signatures, marching etc etc .

However, there are guys (and ladies) out there who have done SO MUCH that we really ALL need to be there on Monday.

Paul, Tim etc deserve nothing less.

There are loads of Albion fans who don't read NSC. - Maybe you know somebody who went to Cardiff (or Spurs!) but doesn't go to Withdean - do they know about the march - ring them up and get them along.

Bring the kids - bring the kids friends - they don't have to have an Albion shirt on just bring them.

If everybody who came last year was to bring somebody else along with them what an impression that would leave.

This is our LAST CHANCE to make an impression - JUST BLOODY BE THERE !!!

CoventrySeagull

Jul 7, 2003
Back in HANGLETON
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
We have all in our own way no doubt 'done something' to try and get Falmer. Whether this was writing a letter, collecting signatures, marching etc etc .

However, there are guys (and ladies) out there who have done SO MUCH that we really ALL need to be there on Monday.

Paul, Tim etc deserve nothing less.

There are loads of Albion fans who don't read NSC. - Maybe you know somebody who went to Cardiff (or Spurs!) but doesn't go to Withdean - do they know about the march - ring them up and get them along.

Bring the kids - bring the kids friends - they don't have to have an Albion shirt on just bring them.

If everybody who came last year was to bring somebody else along with them what an impression that would leave.

This is our LAST CHANCE to make an impression - JUST BLOODY BE THERE !!!

Hear, hear. Couldn't agree more. This is a Community event as FALMER is for ALL, not just for Brighton fans.

Sigull

'Arte et Marte'
Jul 16, 2003
Bracklesham Bay
The Large One said:
It will also be a good opportunity to talk to the new players. Let the French ones know what it's like to have a massive target painted over the city you are marching in when the Govt is in town.

Oh, and I don't think this is exactly private news, and I am not risking national security for this, but John Prescott will be staying in the Hilton Brighton Metropole (the big red brick hotel next door to The Grand). He was on the balcony outside his room straight after the march. Unfortunately, there were only about 10 of us who saw him.

There is a new balcony there now.

Sorry to be the bearer of Bad?? news but John Prescott will not be in Brighton on the 26th (he returns from a trip to europe on 27th)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
SAKE.

What the point of the sodding march if the fat bastard's not going to be there?

It is important that he knows how important the stadium is to us, even if he doesn't see the march in person... the news of the enormous attendance at the march will surely reach him...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's still publicity.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyGoebels said:
cant be arsed to read through all this.

is there drinks after?

Yes a few of us will be going for drinks after.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here