Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer - Headache for the Old Bill?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
There will be a handfull of games where it is inevatable

Let hope not.

As with all these things you are unlikely to just get dragged in unless you want to so don't worry about it.

Ask the Albion fan that got set upon in the Cardiff carpark with his kids in toe a couple of years ago.

IMO we need our element there

well IMO...we dont.

I'm not saying I want mindless violence everyweek

Glad to hear that.

I certainly don't want all and sundry coming to Brighton and taking the right royal piss all day. Especially Pompey and Palace !!

So the answer is a good scrap is it?

It's blokes being blokes

No its not. Its idiots being idiotic.

its the football culture

No its not. The twenty first century will welcome you anytime you want to join the rest of us.

Its going to happen

No its not.

Football needs an edge and after 10 + years in the wilderness lets be a proper club again , on and off the pitch.

Does football need an edge? Or does it need young and old to go and enjoy the beautiful game in safety to ensure the future of the sport, our national reputation and violence at games should be a thing of the past, like white dog poo and Bros.

Do you honestly believe what you have written here or are you just saying it?

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Tell you what, why not Google a few examples from last Saturday. In fact to make it easier Google a few from this season.

You are very Naive

Without even thinking to hard games in the Championship this season where major disorder has taken place

QPR V Millwall
Bristol City v Millwall
Barnsley v Hull

There are reports all the time of incidents. Are you in a bubble or is it just a fluffy world from your viewpoint

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
As a matter of interest, how many posters on here were around in the late 70's / early 80's when it really kicked off ? If so experiences please.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Tell you what, why not Google a few examples from last Saturday. In fact to make it easier Google a few from this season.

Evening Standard tonight, police issued photos of men wanted in connection with football violence. Chelsea v Cardiff

Hunt for thugs from Chelsea cup clash: Police release pictures of six suspects after serious violence | News

Brighton v Aberdeen beginning of season Football thugs go on rampage in Brighton From The Argus)

Millwall v Middlesbrough last month Thugs at Millwall facing a lifetime match ban - Local News - News - Gazette Live

Found these three very easily. It happens.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
its clear that it is happening week in week out its just usually a smaller scale these days and away from stadiums! this season apart from the documented games such as Villa Brum,Brum v Wham,Newcastle v Sunderland theres been numerous large scale incidents-millwall v qpr,Sheff Utd and millwall,bristol city have been putting it about again.

agree the larger allocation and new ground will mean more chance of disorder,especially in the championship!

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Agreed. I don't partake in it, I don't know anybody that does (I know by sight a few of the older Albion lads who always get grief from the police and are presumably involved) but to deny it happens is ridiculous.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Exactly. When bhaexpress gets his head out of edna's arse he might, just might, accept the 'bad ol days' arent fully Gone away. Not by a long shot

Yes its much much different from the old days but theres still elements of it... As shown on the links in this thread....

Granted it might not be always outside the ground, but surrounding areas/city centre is a different matter.

It will be one fixture most away teams will be booking up next season.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Think Lewes could be a bit of a problem if not policed properly as soon as away lads looking for a meet up realise it as easy to get to as Brighton from London............. then on to Falmer.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sorry Edna but I find your belittling and patronising extremely nauseating. People in the first place try to question (with interest) our security provisions. You come back a page or so later with absolute bile. You make a self opinionate statement about these people all being fat, bald and in their 40's. Is that how you police work on football situations? You should be utterly ashamed with yourselves if that is what you think. Some people are actually interested in how the games will be policed, and those with children have more reason to question than others. Could you imagine parents of season ticket holders reading what our resident police think of those that ask legitimate questions? It gives us tax payers so much confidence in you as a whole as a force when that is the way you reply. Heaven help us.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Football hooliganism still occurs, not as bad as it was in the 70's and 80's though. Once before it would have been embossed in the back pages, now the back pages consist of far more "important things".

Such as "Fergie Time", Multimillion £ transfers, £200k wages, footballers sleeping with team mates wives etc etc.
No one need not give a toss about hooliganism anymore, the subject has been done to death, and it does not sell papers.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The violence still happens, outside the grounds, by which time the FA and clubs can wash their hands of it. It's a political thing.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Let hope not.

Ask the Albion fan that got set upon in the Cardiff carpark with his kids in toe a couple of years ago.

well IMO...we dont.

Glad to hear that.

So the answer is a good scrap is it?

No its not. Its idiots being idiotic.

No its not. The twenty first century will welcome you anytime you want to join the rest of us.

No its not.

Does football need an edge? Or does it need young and old to go and enjoy the beautiful game in safety to ensure the future of the sport, our national reputation and violence at games should be a thing of the past, like white dog poo and Bros.

Do you honestly believe what you have written here or are you just saying it?

Really good point, whatever happened to white dog poo?

People in the first place try to question (with interest) our security provisions.
Eh? Why? Have you SEEN the investment that has gone into surveillance facilities at Falmer? It's unimaginable that Richard Hebberd hasn't thought about security - not just at the stadium, but throughout the city.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Really, then why make such a stupid remark in the first place ? We have had hostile crowds at Withdean let alone the Goldstone, Palace, Millwall, Portsmouth, Leeds and Cardiff and yet the only place that had any trouble following a Withdean game was Worthing after we played Cardiff. Also, as you want to be so pedan

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here