Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAKE Sky Sports News account says CMS to Leeds for £3million (merged)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Exactly this. Given a choice I'd rather keep him. Why sign a Plan A forward and get rid of the Plan B.

I can't believe people would be happy to lose our top scorer to a team in the same division. Am I missing something? I think CMS is great and I would rather have him in our team then scoring for someone else.

Have you not seen his performances lately? Lots of energy but no serious threat upfront. Barnes is a better point man and Hoskins pretty much offers the same as CMS though I think Hoskins has a better touch. Plenty of depth for rest of the season if he were sold imo.

I agree with the top 2 and have always admired CMs - top workrate is great - he isn't a lone striker though. People are putting a lot of weggs in the basket of Mr Ulloa though.

I agree [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] recently his performances have been a bit poor but before that he was very, very good most games, for about 3 months..

I do think people should show more respect to our top scorer, even if your opinion is we should sell at the right price. He's by all accounts a top pro and bloke and has given his all to us - sort yourselves out ffs.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Albion accept 3 million bid from Leeds for CMS - SSN fake?? (merged)

And you would think Gus wouldn't replace CMS for another striker? We would be back to square one again with no depth up front,

We'd still have 4 strikers.

I like CMS and his 2nd goal against Burnley was the best I've ever seen at a live game. However, for 3 million and the chance to make an improved offer for VVD, then you'd have to consider it a good deal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5475669 said:
Ahem, what aspects of CMS' game are better than Barnes'? Same question for Hoskins and Dobbie?

1) Work-rate - better than all 3
2) pressurising defenders - better than all 3
etc etc

I understand the point you're making to a degree tho (bar Dobbie - f*** knows why you've named him).

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
:ffsparr:

Your'e not going to see CMS and Len play upfront together, Gus isn't going to change his system and CMS would be even worse on the left trying to do what Barnes does.

CMS is now the back up striker who will come on if we need a goal with 15 minutes to go or sold in the next few days if a decent offer comes in.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
etc etc

I understand the point you're making to a degree tho (bar Dobbie - f*** knows why you've named him).

So apart from running around a lot he doesn't do much? At least we know Dobbie has technical ability, although he's been rubbish for us so far.

Barnes has a fantastic work rate as well, and his efforts contribute to the team far more than CMS'.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5475669 said:
Ahem, what aspects of CMS' game are better than Barnes'? Same question for Hoskins and Dobbie?

Work rate is amazing, never seen someone so keen to get the ball!
Admittedly he hasn't been on form lately but I totally agree with Sheebo, he isn't a lone striker and needs support which he clearly didn't have, no Ulloa is here let's have a top two of both of them and I bet you he will bang them in!!

Dobbie IMO has done nothing since his arrival (bar the goal against Millwall) and Gus must see something in training not to include him in the squad anymore! Like I said I like Barnes but I think CMS is better, Hoskins unfortunately has had a terrible time with injuries and hasn't really had a look in and hasn't offered much either!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

Your'e not going to see CMS and Len play upfront together, Gus isn't going to change his system and CMS would be even worse on the left trying to do what Barnes does.

CMS is now the back up striker who will come on if we need a goal with 15 minutes to go or sold in the next few days if a decent offer comes in.

Is the correct answer.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5475688 said:
So apart from running around a lot he doesn't do much? At least we know Dobbie has technical ability, although he's been rubbish for us so far.

Barnes has a fantastic work rate as well, and his efforts contribute to the team far more than CMS'.
I agree with this. I would actually go as far as saying Barnes is the better finisher than CMS or at least needs less chances to score.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Dear oh dear. How long ago was it that we had a striker crisis at the club? How many people were shouting "FFS Gus" as we did not have backup to CMS?

Now we have got someone else in, we want to get rid of CMS? Madness! If CMS and Ulloa form a partnership, we could be scoring goals for fun, people. Bring it on I say!

Only Noddy clubs sell their top scorer half way through a season.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea

So our top goal scorer with 11 goals hast contributed much??? Have a word!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

He does do a lot. He's a striker who needs to play off someone. Maybe he's not for us etc I'm not so sure now, but there's no doubting he's a great player in the right system. Yes you're right technically he isn't the best but there's a reason he was the fans fav and a legend at posh. He can finish well, just hasn't always happened for us (his goal vs Charlton was class for example).

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea

Dear oh dear. How long ago was it that we had a striker crisis at the club? How many people were shouting "FFS Gus" as we did not have backup to CMS?

Now we have got someone else in, we want to get rid of CMS? Madness! If CMS and Ulloa form a partnership, we could be scoring goals for fun, people. Bring it on I say!

This!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Read post 47. It simply won't happen where we will be playing two strikers together regularly.It's not Poyet's style.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea

He does do a lot. He's a striker who needs to play off someone. Maybe he's not for us etc I'm not so sure now, but there's no doubting he's a great player in the right system. Yes you're right technically he isn't the best but there's a reason he was the fans fav and a legend at posh. He can finish well, just hasn't always happened for us (his goal vs Charlton was class for example).

His goal against Burnley is goal of the season for me! (So far!)

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012

so Gus has said that Ulloa is the striker he has been looking for to play with CMS and he is just going to leave CMS on the bench is he? He is not suddenly going to become the back up striker... Ulloa has not got CMS's experience for the league, his fitness is not as high, and CMS is our top scorer so far. We need as much talent as possible for the coming months to get promoted and will need to be as fit as possible and flexible in terms of substitutions and squad rotation. Sell CMS and you have Dobbie (who people say was a pointless signing), Barnes (frequently described as crap despite being class), Hoskins (rarely plays, low fitness, and limited goal scoring record), and Ulloa (not proven in the league yet, looks great but fitness could be an issue). All it takes is for Barnes to have a couple of games out or Ulloa and we are back to square one where we do not have another goal scoring option or a second striker... that is not a situation we can afford to be in as we are playing catch up in the league. Get realistic CMS has 11 goals, works really hard but needs a rest and someone else to share the load. Ulloa is boosting our squad and complimenting CMS not replacing him.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I like CMS, i really do but i'm sure2 of his goals were just deflected off his leg, plus a penalty? Factor in the missed pen and the sitters he's missed tripping over his own feet it doesn't look that impressive. His hold up play is woeful.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
etc etc

how many times has CMS eased pressure on our defence through chasing down players, how many times last season did he clear balls of the line! He has had to do all this whilst trying to make his own chances and score with them, a player cannot do it all himself and that is why we need Ulloa to ease the pressure. If CMS didn't run as much he would score more, but then we would be weaker defensively and in midfield and fans would criticize him for lack of running... i cannot wait to see CMS steal a ball off a defender and then have him slide the ball through to Ulloa who has made a cracking run into the middle to bang it into the back of the net.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
If I'm brutally honest, we've watched CMS for a season and a half now and it's possible to make an objective judgement.

His fitness, and desire, and attitude are not to be questioned. This is a player who gives his all for the cause and Brighton haven't had too many players like that.

However, he has not been the goal machine that his reputation and price tag suggested. We can blame the system, the service etc etc but in my opinion CMS does not have the first touch or the technical ability to be among the top scorers in this league. Sadly, I don't think the Premier league is his natural home either.

Of course we don't want him to leave, but I don't think he's guaranteed a starting position any more and I suspect Barnes and Ulloa will be Gus's first choice. In those circumstances it may well be that CMS is better off joining a club where he will get games and we can recoup some or all of our investment.

All speculation, as I have no idea what's going on, but I don't think CMS leaving would make us a noddy club with no ambition.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land

he is our top scorer...to say he just runs about a lot...is a tad harsh i think...I think if thats all he had he wouldnt be a 3 million striker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here