Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAKE Sky Sports News account says CMS to Leeds for £3million (merged)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Not really presented as opinion though was it?

Of course it was. Some people would be happy if we sold CMS others wouldn't.

More, as I said, rejoiceful, in a topic about our top scorer potentially leaving the club. Seems a bit [a lot] ungracious.

Well not really. In the eyes of many CMS hasn't worked out for us. If it was true and we were getting our money back for the lad then I can see why those people would be happy.

And as others have pointed out if they can't take a bit of criticism they they are in the wrong profession.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:rave:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we don't need the money, then it's obviously best to keep him, he can help try and get us promoted.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Great insight.
Thanks :) I thought it was obvious, but it seems to have escaped most people's attention. It would be nice for TB, as he'd have more money in his account, but I don't know how it helps Brighton fans.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I was saying it tongue in cheek, I know they do.

Not really presented as opinion though was it? More, as I said, rejoiceful, in a topic about our top scorer potentially leaving the club. Seems a bit [a lot] ungracious.

It's not about whether he can take criticism, I'm sure he can, and I'd imagine he has had to for the past 18 months or so. It's the malignant, trollesque comments that seem set on nothing more than garnering a response (which they got) and shouting "look at me, I've made a deliberately provocative post".

I'm not after a fight about it, if you like that sort of behaviour, then carry on, personally I think NSC, other online outlets, would be far more enjoyable without the incidious commentary.

Please note, these are my opinions.

Careful now fella - Individual opinions are dangerous in here :whistle:

Good post btw :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I like CMS and would love to see him partner Ulloa up front but £3m is a good fee for a player who really hasn't ever hit a good run of form for us and perhaps never will.

We have found out for the last few years that Gus does not play two strikers....so we might as we'll sell dobbie and CMs anyway

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We would love a back-up like CMS, probably best back-up striker in this league. But before we didn't have the chance to sell Agdestein or Hoskins for 3 million did we. If we can get 2 amazeballs starting players for the proce of one back-up player, I'd take the money.

Of course I'd rather we kept CMS and bought a couple more starters but it's not happening is it! If we could sing one and keep CMS maybe that's the best case scenario and I'd be extatic with that! Especially if someone like V.D.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
don't sell before seeing if we can work out a system including both him and ulloa... which I'm sure I'm not the first to point out could have the ingredients of a classic pairing.

How would that work? Ulloa knocks it doen and CMS lets it bounce off of him? Or Ulloa knocks it down and CMS is nowere to be seen? Or Ulloa knocks it down and CMS blasts high and wide?

Or maybe CMS as provider with his crossing ability?

The fact is that CMS is not good enough for this division, and we would be better with Barnes as Ulloa's partner, or Will Hoskins, or possibly even Dobbie as the second striker.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
How would that work? Ulloa knocks it doen and CMS lets it bounce off of him? Or Ulloa knocks it down and CMS is nowere to be seen? Or Ulloa knocks it down and CMS blasts high and wide?

Or maybe CMS as provider with his crossing ability?

The fact is that CMS is not good enough for this division, and we would be better with Barnes as Ulloa's partner, or Will Hoskins, or possibly even Dobbie as the second striker.
Did you think this when CMS was banging in the goals in the first ten games or so?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Did you think this when CMS was banging in the goals in the first ten games or so?

Was he? I am not so sure, and yes I was if you care to check.

Two of his goals were when he got in the way of Barnes' shots! lol

The guy is simply useless at anything above League 1 level, and if the Club can cut its losses, then they should.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here