Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAKE Sky Sports News account says CMS to Leeds for £3million (merged)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
CMS will not be starting up front with Ulloa. It just ain't going to happen. Some serious dreamers on these boards.

From the 75mins I've seen of Ulloa so far, he's quite capable of playing up front on his own. He'll be starting against Wednesday, CMS will be sub. It can't really be anymore obvious.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Read post 47. It simply won't happen where we will be playing two strikers together regularly.It's not Poyet's style.

2 up front is not, no, but Gus loves players who work hard for the team and are adaptable - Barnes and Lopez are excellent examples. I would try CMS as an alternative to Buckley and Barnes and would love Gus to play CMS in the Buckley role at the weekend, assuming Buckley is injured, just to see what happens. CMS gives options and scores goals, despite what some people think.

I hope that taking him away from the lone striker role which he has tried hard to do well, but come up short, could be the making of him. I would at least give it a go.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
so Gus has said that Ulloa is the striker he has been looking for to play with CMS and he is just going to leave CMS on the bench is he? He is not suddenly going to become the back up striker... Ulloa has not got CMS's experience for the league, his fitness is not as high, and CMS is our top scorer so far. We need as much talent as possible for the coming months to get promoted and will need to be as fit as possible and flexible in terms of substitutions and squad rotation. Sell CMS and you have Dobbie (who people say was a pointless signing), Barnes (frequently described as crap despite being class), Hoskins (rarely plays, low fitness, and limited goal scoring record), and Ulloa (not proven in the league yet, looks great but fitness could be an issue). All it takes is for Barnes to have a couple of games out or Ulloa and we are back to square one where we do not have another goal scoring option or a second striker... that is not a situation we can afford to be in as we are playing catch up in the league. Get realistic CMS has 11 goals, works really hard but needs a rest and someone else to share the load. Ulloa is boosting our squad and complimenting CMS not replacing him.

Gus says lots of things, mostly for effect to help Cms keep his confidence up. I'm more than happy to keep him but if a 3 mill offer comes in he's gone

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
I like CMS, i really do but i'm sure2 of his goals were just deflected off his leg, plus a penalty? Factor in the missed pen and the sitters he's missed tripping over his own feet it doesn't look that impressive. His hold up play is woeful.

Firstly a goal is a goal and thank god we got them otherwise play-off struggle might not be on the cards, and also he has scored an overhead kick and shots from outside the box. His hold-up play hasn't been up to the standard it has been used to last season but it has never been woeful.. He frequently lacks support in the midfield and that has often let us down. How many times have you watched a match where CMS wins the ball off a defender, or a winger moves forward with pace and looks to pass for no one to make a good run down the middle. The problem in so many matches is that CMS is our only threat, and as a result we have witness teams placing two defenders on him the whole time, but now Ulloa can take the weight and attention off him. Other teams understand how good he is and what he can add to their teams and thats why they want him.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
how many times has CMS eased pressure on our defence through chasing down players, how many times last season did he clear balls of the line! He has had to do all this whilst trying to make his own chances and score with them, a player cannot do it all himself and that is why we need Ulloa to ease the pressure. If CMS didn't run as much he would score more, but then we would be weaker defensively and in midfield and fans would criticize him for lack of running... i cannot wait to see CMS steal a ball off a defender and then have him slide the ball through to Ulloa who has made a cracking run into the middle to bang it into the back of the net.

Some sense at last! Great post.

I'm not sure if they'll play together but Poyet knows more about football than everyone on this thread put together. Having CMS on the bench is f***ing unbelievable as the guy is the cats whiskers. It'll put pressure on both himself and Ulloa to perform and they are both very, very good strikers.

Right now, I can't remember when Brighton had so many strong strikers on the books so can we all just calm down please. CMS is good. His 11 goals this season demonstrates this.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Stick CMS in a team who play direct and 442 he'll do well. Just doesn't fit how we play unfortunately.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Albion accept 3 million bid from Leeds for CMS - SSN fake?? (merged)

What annoys me slightly is that everyone is putting all this pressure on Ulloa to be some sort of saviour? Yes I was impressed by his debut on Saturday, he had a good game, but what's to say he's going to be the real deal? There is no certainty he will take to our league or the way we play and he could end up being a duff signing! I hope to god he's not and bangs in 30 goals a season for us, but people surely can't be daft enough to think now we have him, that he is going to be a monumental success???

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What annoys me slightly is that everyone is putting all this pressure on Ulloa to be some sort of saviour? Yes I was impressed by his debut on Saturday, he had a good game, but what's to say he's going to be the real deal? There is no certainty he will take to our league or the way we play and he could end up being a duff signing! I hope to god he's not and bangs in 30 goals a season for us, but people surely can't be daft enough to think now we have him, that he is going to be a monumental success???

I think it just came as a refreshing change to see a player up front in an Albion shirt, that could take a ball down while under pressure, not lose it, then pass it to a team mate. It was a bit of a revelation to be honest! :thumbsup:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I don't think you've quite got the hang of things around here.

Players are either BRILLIANT or SHITHOUSE. There is no in between.

Moreover, such decisions can be made after as little as TEN MINUTES of football, and there really is no need to wait a season to see how players pan out.

Ulloa is THE NEW BATISTUTA because he scored on his debut. It won't matter if he now doesn't score for six months.

El Abd can go from ZERO to HERO and back to ZERO again often in the same move on the pitch.

Most of the strikers are PANTS for missing chances. Except when they score, then they are GODS.

This is the way of things. Patience is a LUXURY none of us can afford.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
:ffsparr:

Your'e not going to see CMS and Len play upfront together, Gus isn't going to change his system and CMS would be even worse on the left trying to do what Barnes does.

CMS is now the back up striker who will come on if we need a goal with 15 minutes to go or sold in the next few days if a decent offer comes in.

Correct IMO

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Albion accept 3 million bid from Leeds for CMS - SSN fake?? (merged)

Moreover, such decisions can be made after as little as TEN MINUTES of football, and there really is no need to wait a season to see how players pan out.

Ulloa is THE NEW BATISTUTA because he scored on his debut. It won't matter if he now doesn't score for six months.

El Abd can go from ZERO to HERO and back to ZERO again often in the same move on the pitch.

Most of the strikers are PANTS for missing chances. Except when they score, then they are GODS.

Ha ha I'm with you now bud! ;)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
2. I would bet good money that they do

I was saying it tongue in cheek, I know they do.

So people aren't allowed to have an opinion on a player (that obviously differs to yours) any more in case he reads the board and gets offended?

Not really presented as opinion though was it? More, as I said, rejoiceful, in a topic about our top scorer potentially leaving the club. Seems a bit [a lot] ungracious.

2) Don't care if they do, if a professional football player can't take criticism and gets upset by whats on the internet then he probably needs to change jobs.

It's not about whether he can take criticism, I'm sure he can, and I'd imagine he has had to for the past 18 months or so. It's the malignant, trollesque comments that seem set on nothing more than garnering a response (which they got) and shouting "look at me, I've made a deliberately provocative post".

I'm not after a fight about it, if you like that sort of behaviour, then carry on, personally I think NSC, other online outlets, would be far more enjoyable without the incidious commentary.

Please note, these are my opinions.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Thank god it was a fake account. Don't want to see Macca go when we've finally got a target man he can partner up with.

That's something we've all been wishing to happen since CMS has joined the club has it not!?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Thank god it was a fake account. Don't want to see Maccai go when we've finally got a target man he can partner up with.

That's something we've all been wishing to happen since CMS has joined the club has it not!?

Not me, i like our formation and if its played correctly one winger and one attacking midfielder should be in around the box to support him depending on which side the ball is coming in from. In fairness to CMS these players haven't got close enough to him to support him on numerous occasions.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Reminds me of when I was with a girl in jealous teenager mode, by the fact that I didn't really want her but then again I didn't want anyone else to have her either.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There is something a bit distasteful about Albion fans leaping around and whooping on NSC because they think we've sold CMS. Maybe it's just me and I'm not even a massive fan :shrug:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Most of the opinions on CMS have been formed on watching him and our style of play over an 18 month period. Nothing knee jerk about that and very few people on here worth reading think he is either brilliant or dreadful. You spend too much time on the few extreme idiots who admittedly take players from hero to zero and back again in a couple of weeks. It is too early to know about the new boy although it was a fine debut but I think everyone has had time to come to some conclusions over CMS.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
There is something a bit distasteful about Albion fans leaping around and whooping on NSC because they think we've sold CMS. Maybe it's just me and I'm not even a massive fan :shrug:

It isnt just you, find it pathetic myself as hes hardly been a waste of space like Ryan Harley, if it was an offer for him then fine.

But for our current top scorer who is out of form - really ? Some have a short memory span though and can only remember the past 2 games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here