Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAKE Sky Sports News account says CMS to Leeds for £3million (merged)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
How would that work? Ulloa knocks it doen and CMS lets it bounce off of him? Or Ulloa knocks it down and CMS is nowere to be seen? Or Ulloa knocks it down and CMS blasts high and wide?

Or maybe CMS as provider with his crossing ability?

The fact is that CMS is not good enough for this division, and we would be better with Barnes as Ulloa's partner, or Will Hoskins, or possibly even Dobbie as the second striker.

The thing is that CMS is the very definition of a confidence player... When he is on form, which he has been at various times, CMS' control is pretty goot, his positional play is good and his finishing is too... When he's out of confidence, he loses his discipline, snatches at chances and runs literally everywhere to get in a good position.

I think Barnes (and I know I keep banging this drum) has proven repeatedly that when he gets knocked down he comes back stronger and stronger. For example, the two or three games he was dropped for, he played well as a sub and forced his way back into the side and has been excellent since. Since CMS has been dropped, it looks a little like his head has dropped and he does look like making much of an impact as a sub. Therefore, I fear he will struggle to force his way back into the starting 11 on form alone.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
CMS's confidence is smashed to bits. When a player gets like this nothing goes right for him and decisions are always wrong.

Bit like Saturday where during the attempted clearing of the corner( which Walcott scores from) he drops back on to our goal line. Then he steps 2 yards to his right to get a view of what's happening and the ball goes in exactly where he was standing a moment ago.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I would like to see him get a run of 3 or 4 games now partnering Ulloa upfront. I think the club owes him that.

It could bring out the best in him and we would then be pretty much unstoppable in the division.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I doubt it would happen, but I'd LOVE to see:

Standard back 5
-----Bridcutt-----
Buckley-----Vicente
-----Barnes-----
CMS-----Ulloa

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I don't get the stick he has been getting on this thread as although he hasn't been playing that poorly as proven by the game he had at Ipswich.

Ironically, I think Gus bought him in to play in the role that Barnes did on Saturday, but the latter has been playing SO well, it's been difficult to justify dropping him...As I said a couple of weeks ago and got the piss taken out of me, Barnes is on form and you don't drop a form player.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Standard back 5
-----Bridcutt-----
Buckley-----Vicente
-----Barnes-----
CMS-----Ulloa

By 'standard' can we have: Kuszczak, Bruno, AeA, VVD and Bridge please?

OMG... sadly it will never happen... but I would love it!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
The fact is that CMS is not good enough for this division, and we would be better with Barnes as Ulloa's partner, or Will Hoskins, or possibly even Dobbie as the second striker.

You seem to have confused 'fact' with 'wild, ill-formed opinion'. You can say you prefer hoskins or dobbie or barnes if you like, but to say CMS is not good enough for the division is simply bollocks, he's got 11 goals already and even with this dry patch he's still on for 15-20 goals this season.

Look on any oppo forum after a game, CMS is a relentless nuisance to opposition defences and most teams in the division would love him in their team. With the right strike partner (ulloa) and the supply he's craved for 1.5 seasons (lopez/orlandi/vicente), perhaps we will see the best of him.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I fear that Bridcutt would be more than a little overworked - but, hey, we should score a few.

Vicente could never play on the left in that formation, can't see him tracking back helping Bridge.

The unfortunate reality of playing 4-4-2 is that the majority of our flair players would be on the bench.

Would be more like

Lopez - Bridcutt - Hammond - Buckley/Barnes more likely to start

--------CMS ------Ulloa-------

Even then one of the strikers would have drop a bit deeper when out of posession.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Look on any oppo forum after a game, CMS is a relentless nuisance to opposition defences and most teams in the division would love him in their team.

Now it's you using extremely suspect conjectures to back up your argument. Here's me trying to stick to the facts: He was fantastic for Posh in League 1 the first time around and then, despite Posh playing to his strengths - he was a bit shit in the Championship. They got relegated but he consequently had a great season again in League 1. We bought him and he was a bit shit once again in the Championship. This season he started well but since then he's been a bit shit. His first touch has not got any better (or do you dispute this?) and his one-on-ones are awful (do you dispute this also?)

I know I've given him a hard time on here but I believe my reasons for having no faith in him are quite robust. Based on what he has done for Posh and then for us, here in the Championship he isn't good enough for where we want to be. If someone came in for a bid anywhere north of £2M then I reckon we ought to sell him and cut our losses.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
How would that work? Ulloa knocks it doen and CMS lets it bounce off of him? Or Ulloa knocks it down and CMS is nowere to be seen? Or Ulloa knocks it down and CMS blasts high and wide?

Or maybe CMS as provider with his crossing ability?

How is that a fact?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Now it's you using extremely suspect conjectures to back up your argument. Here's me trying to stick to the facts: He was fantastic for Posh in League 1 the first time around and then, despite Posh playing to his strengths - he was a bit shit in the Championship. They got relegated but he consequently had a great season again in League 1. We bought him and he was a bit shit once again in the Championship. This season he started well but since then he's been a bit shit. His first touch has not got any better (or do you dispute this?) and his one-on-ones are awful (do you dispute this also?)

I know I've given him a hard time on here but I believe my reasons for having no faith in him are quite robust. Based on what he has done for Posh and then for us, here in the Championship he isn't good enough for where we want to be. If someone came in for a bid anywhere north of £2M then I reckon we ought to sell him and cut our losses.

I usually agree with your arguments, but in this instance I think you're not making any reasonable sense.

You've said that CMS is not good enough for the Championship, but I'm struggling to understand on the exact reasons you are basing that statement upon.

If it's his goalscoring record, then you cannot question it. Last year in only his second year in the Championship he scored 9 league goals...More than Nicky Maynard and the same for Stephen Dobbie in the 2010/11 season...There are certainly other more high profile players which have been touted as good signings who have scored and dare I say it, contributed less that CMS.

Even the season he was in the championship with Peterborough, he was not "a bit shit"...He scored 10 goals in a season where his team finished bottom of the league.

This season, he is well on his way to scoring over 15 goals in a season playing as a lone striker if he is played correctly.

My only two criticisms of him are that he works too hard sometimes and tracks back when I don't think it's his job to and also that his first touch is not great.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

Standard back 5
-----Bridcutt-----
Buckley-----Vicente
-----Barnes-----
CMS-----Ulloa

For me if you put Barnes where CMS is, take CMS out and put Hammond where Barnes is in that set-up, i'd be happy. When we are under the cosh Hammond can help Bridcutt and when attacking he can link up front.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You seem to have confused 'fact' with 'wild, ill-formed opinion'. You can say you prefer hoskins or dobbie or barnes if you like, but to say CMS is not good enough for the division is simply bollocks, he's got 11 goals already and even with this dry patch he's still on for 15-20 goals this season.

Look on any oppo forum after a game, CMS is a relentless nuisance to opposition defences and most teams in the division would love him in their team. With the right strike partner (ulloa) and the supply he's craved for 1.5 seasons (lopez/orlandi/vicente), perhaps we will see the best of him.

Quite right - Burnley were raving about him and a Palace mate of mine said he looked dangerous and he didn't like him getting the ball etc. And CMS hardly touched the ball at Palace as we had 10...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Thank God, I don't want to see him leave. Decent strikers are like gold dust, and whatever some think on here he is a decent striker.

Spot on! It isn't his fault that Gus took 18 months to get a 'number 9' in, is it?

Some on here need to start supporting OUR players FFS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here