Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fact Alert: Our Manager Is Rubbish

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And the worst home record in the league, small point I know Alan , and now we have lost the plot away it all does not too good does it, still keep supporting Wilkins I admire your loyalty to his cause.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
but he does have his heart rate monitors - surely that counts for something?!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Why?

We put the ball in the net twice, they only managed it once, hence we won it. We actually took some of our chances for a change.

The chances were given by lack of concentration from the Cobblers who took to whinging at the ref for every 50/50 decision. The first half was so bad, I was considering leaving and I've never done that.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I agree with Yorkie that it was awful but Uncle Buck is right, we still won.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be honest the fact that we won (regardless of how) *could* be the catalyst for a good home record this season because we have finally managed it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The chances were given by lack of concentration from the Cobblers who took to whinging at the ref for every 50/50 decision.

Yep, and we made sure we took full advantage. Still, that makes for an improvement. We played some awful teams last year who lost the plot, and still couldn't beat them.

I don't recall Northampton exactly battering down our doors when we went 2-1 up.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
But you never supported him.

Because I could see the disaster that would unfold, its not rocket science, Wilkins was good at running the boys team and may eventually have been a reasonable manager of the mens team but it was FAR TOO SOON to put him in such a position. It was perfect as it was I have quite happy with Wilkins as No 2 and McGhee in charge or would have supported a new experienced manager with Willkins staying as No 2 but it made no sense to appoint him 1 year ago and I think with respect the results and toilet football we have been subjected to has rather proved my point but I just want the club to be successful and it will not be with Wilkins, this position came 3 years too soon for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here