Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fact Alert: Our Manager Is Rubbish

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Im afraid it is a fact doug. Wilkins has been here a year and we have gone backwards. We were 10th after his first game in cartaker charge. After a year mcghee got us promoted and we were on the way to staying up!:glare:

Then M.M. completely lost the plot and Wilkins deserved a season to see if he could emulate what he did with the youngsters.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Im afraid it is a fact doug. Wilkins has been here a year and we have gone backwards. We were 10th after his first game in cartaker charge. After a year mcghee got us promoted and we were on the way to staying up!:glare:

100% spot on.

Dishing out more awful home performances in the next two games will turn more people into the predictable view that wilkins just is not good enough...

His tactics arnt good enough...His coaching staff arnt good enough and on top of that the squad are too used to his youth coaching ways...

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Then M.M. completely lost the plot and Wilkins deserved a season to see if he could emulate what he did with the youngsters.

How did he lose the plot....In the second half of the season we got relegated we lost key players and we failed to attract any players to plug the gap..teams like sheff wed strengthened and down we went...

All this lost dressing room is nonsence....

The facts dont lie...40 plus games....and a team going backwards, there has been nothing to say he is going to a good manager and everything saying we will drop with him in charge.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I've said elsewhere that if we lose the next two games then something will have to be done, but changing the manager every season is pointless.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis

He didnt loose the plot. That season it was inevitable we were gonna go down. The season before we had lost key players, Cullip, Currie Virgo, Harding ect, and they wernt replaced. Alex furguson couldnt have kept that team up!:shootself

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I've said elsewhere that if we lose the next two games then something will have to be done, but changing the manager every season is pointless.

I doubt very much whether we will lose the next two..or any of them...But I am expecting two poor performances lacking in anything to write home about and a manager who when it comes to the crunch doesnt have any tactical nouse about him...

As I said before so many games like the tranmere one are decided in this division..such a fine line between defeat and victory...But mcghee and previous managers like him at the club..knew the signs when things were looking dodgy...so to chuck on a sub or re-jig the formation...wilkins does not have that ability...so many close games..it will be a case of we deserved this bla bla bl..

No more excuses.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I doubt very much whether we will lose the next two..or any of them...But I am expecting two poor performances lacking in anything to write home about and a manager who when it comes to the crunch doesnt have any tactical nouse about him...

As I said before so many games like the tranmere one are decided in this division..such a fine line between defeat and victory...But mcghee and previous managers like him at the club..knew the signs when things were looking dodgy...so to chuck on a sub or re-jig the formation...wilkins does not have that ability...so many close games..it will be a case of we deserved this bla bla bl..

No more excuses.

So did Coppell,Adams,McGhee,Taylor ever got a victory at Crewe or Tranmere?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He didnt loose the plot. That season it was inevitable we were gonna go down. The season before we had lost key players, Cullip, Currie Virgo, Harding ect, and they wernt replaced. Alex furguson couldnt have kept that team up!:shootself
Alex Ferguson probably wouldn't have signed Turienzo though. :laugh:

To be honest people arguing McGhee should still be here is just ridiculous. He had to go, it was obvious, and if you couldn't see that then it hardly adds weight to your arguments against Wilkins. Added to the fact that some seem to want him out purely because he's NOT McGhee. :shrug:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
So did Coppell,Adams,McGhee,Taylor ever got a victory at Crewe or Tranmere?

No but did they dish up awful crap for the first year they were in charge of the club...going on 3 seperate losing streaks of 5 plus games.

Taking the club backwards and nearly getting involved in a near relegation fight in league 1?

The guy is not a manager...in that sense I feel sorry for him.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No but did they dish up awful crap for the first year they were in charge of the club...going on 3 seperate losing streaks of 5 plus games.

Taking the club backwards and nearly getting involved in a near relegation fight in league 1?

The guy is not a manager...in that sense I feel sorry for him.

How would you know living in Portugal?

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Alex Ferguson probably wouldn't have signed Turienzo though. :laugh:

To be honest people arguing McGhee should still be here is just ridiculous. He had to go, it was obvious, and if you couldn't see that then it hardly adds weight to your arguments against Wilkins. Added to the fact that some seem to want him out purely because he's NOT McGhee. :shrug:

Some people want him IN because he isnt mcghee. It would be interseting to see what the Mcghee out bregade feel about wilkins!! Mcghee was acked after 6 games, why not wilkins?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Some people want him IN because he isnt mcghee. It would be interseting to see what the Mcghee out bregade feel about wilkins!! Mcghee was acked after 6 games, why not wilkins?

I was a McGhee inner, although accept that he had to go but any changes should have been made in the summer not after about 6 games and I feel the same way about DW. I just don't have the faith in him that I had in MM. We need to wait at least 12 games before even thinking about sacking him.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
How would you know living in Portugal?

I only left in april.....I saw a lot of the trash he dished up...and the games I didnt go to..read the reports and saw the results...that do not lie!

You defend him until your blue in the face...the guy is not good enough..the results and performances tell that tale.

Whether its next week or in two months..he is on borrowed time...A shame..but Knight should have known better...Wonder what mr anti mcghee ...mr bloom is thinking now!

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I was a McGhee inner, although accept that he had to go but any changes should have been made in the summer not after about 6 games and I feel the same way about DW. I just don't have the faith in him that I had in MM. We need to wait at least 12 games before even thinking about sacking him.

I dont dissagree with that. Perhaps a few more games are required to stop the rot.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I dont dissagree with that. Perhaps a few more games are required to stop the rot.

Doesnt matter what any of us say....he will defo get until the end of september.

He does deserve until then imho...But I have no faith in him.....simply down to the fact he hasnt installed any confidense in the fans...thats why the gates will hit record lows...another reason why knight must act...either now or in october...wilkins will go...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If we lose the next three than he may well be.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Fact: Wilkins is a coach - at best, an assistant manager - not a manager. Perhaps he could manage somewhere else. At Albion, he is too close to the youngsters that he helped nurture and now form the majority of the first-team squad. We need an experienced outsider to manage the team: someone to whom the young players can look up and who provides the psychological distance that players need from their manager.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Fact: Wilkins is a coach - at best, an assistant manager - not a manager. Perhaps he could manage somewhere else. At Albion, he is too close to the youngsters that he helped nurture and now form the majority of the first-team squad. We need an experienced outsider to manage the team: someone to whom the young players can look up and who provides the psychological distance that players need from their manager.

Weird, he seems to be being slagged off for his coaching skills on here, where his managerial skills were once being praised 'sorted Adam El-Abd's problems out', 'got a good team spirit going' etc.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Weird, he seems to be being slagged off for his coaching skills on here, where his managerial skills were once being praised 'sorted Adam El-Abd's problems out', 'got a good team spirit going' etc.

His coaching skills for the youth team are very good..there is no denying that, as for the first team..I dont know.

As for El abd...now all he needs to do is become a footballer..

Good team spirit..."The albion went down to league two today and Dean Cox commented to the argus...we got relegated and were all gutted..but we had such a laugh in training all season....the gaffers a real laugh"

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Fact of the matter is BYF wants Jesus to manage as he can allegedly walk on water.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here