Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fact Alert: Our Manager Is Rubbish

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Regardless of views on whether MM is better than DW or whether DW has / should be given the same amount of time as MM, DW needs to be given more time THIS SEASON. It was mentioned above that we should only really worry after another 4 games / end of Sept. and Haddock agrees with that.

The jury's still out on whether Sgt. Wilko will prove to be the MANAGER we hope he will. Either way, he is undoubtedly a good COACH and as such should be offered this role if he departs the 'hot seat'.

IF that happens, perhaps he could coach and work with Dario Gradi (if we could entice him away) in a D of Footy role?

Other option would be Micky Adams again????

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
How long are some fans going to put up with us being awful?

I know we have no money, we all know that...we also know that winning the league or thrashing sides each week is also not realistic...But all the fans want out of wilkins is a half decent season..

Our results and performances suggest nothing has changed last season, and that was a very poor season for a new manager. No special treatment should be given to wilkins, hes ourt manager and irrelevant of last minute free kicks and a good youth squad he built up....none of that means jack if week in week out we are performaing below average.

It all is so so so wrong...

The set-up is non league...White,chapman and wilkins....what the fcuk!

The players are dealing with MR nice hiself..who couldnt give a bollocking if his life depended on it...

How long will it be until fans know he's not the man for the job....How long do we continue to struggle scrapping a result here or there....?

The squad is not going to magically start playing decent football....and tactically wilkins has shown he is inept...

25 pound a shot.....who is going to pay that......gates will drop low and the fans who are in the ground leave pissed off....and tell their mates not to bother...Brighton board....MR BLOOM especially you reap what you sow,now its your job to sort it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
How long are some fans going to put up with us being awful?

I know we have no money, we all know that...we also know that winning the league or thrashing sides each week is also not realistic...But all the fans want out of wilkins is a half decent season..

Our results and performances suggest nothing has changed last season, and that was a very poor season for a new manager. No special treatment should be given to wilkins, hes ourt manager and irrelevant of last minute free kicks and a good youth squad he built up....none of that means jack if week in week out we are performaing below average.

It all is so so so wrong...

The set-up is non league...White,chapman and wilkins....what the fcuk!

The players are dealing with MR nice hiself..who couldnt give a bollocking if his life depended on it...

How long will it be until fans know he's not the man for the job....How long do we continue to struggle scrapping a result here or there....?

The squad is not going to magically start playing decent football....and tactically wilkins has shown he is inept...

25 pound a shot.....who is going to pay that......gates will drop low and the fans who are in the ground leave pissed off....and tell their mates not to bother...Brighton board....MR BLOOM especially you reap what you sow,now its your job to sort it.

Suggest you try prayer.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I will pray for the albion and wilkins to be gone...anyone who wishes to join me may do so.

Sinful, why pray for somebody's downfall ? Oh I forgot you're a Christian so being a hypocrite comes as part of the territory. Still, let's face it, you go off and pray for that if it makes you happy, it's your time you're wasting.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Sinful, why pray for somebody's downfall ? Oh I forgot you're a Christian so being a hypocrite comes as part of the territory. Still, let's face it, you go off and pray for that if it makes you happy, it's your time you're wasting.

What gives you the right to come on here and try and knock my faith why do it?

If you dont believe in God or anything then thats your thing....You insult me and think its acceptable.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
What gives you the right to come on here and try and knock my faith why do it?

If you dont believe in God or anything then thats your thing....You insult me and think its acceptable.

He didn't put it very well, but it isn't a very Christian thing to do to wish for someone to lose their job really?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
He didn't put it very well, but it isn't a very Christian thing to do to wish for someone to lose their job really?

I want the club to succeed and everyone can see its not going to wilkins, irrelevant of the fact I believe in God.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I want the club to succeed and everyone can see its not going to wilkins, irrelevant of the fact I believe in God.

I want the club to succeed too but I'd prefer to work out what can be done to help Wilkins rather than chuck him out after the first few games of the season....

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I want the club to succeed too but I'd prefer to work out what can be done to help Wilkins rather than chuck him out after the first few games of the season....

Thats your choice and opinion. I feel from last season's terrible show...and now the carry on into this season he is on very much borrowed time.

I want Wilkins to succeed but the seed of doubt is getting bigger and bigger....Wilkins has shown hardly any signs that he is a good manager in 40 plus games...the signs are that he is tactically inept,is brilliant at putting a side together that goes on big runs of defeats and has a coaching set-up that wouldnt look out of place in the unibond prem

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Thats your choice and opinion. I feel from last season's terrible show...and now the carry on into this season he is on very much borrowed time.

I want Wilkins to succeed but the seed of doubt is getting bigger and bigger....Wilkins has shown hardly any signs that he is a good manager in 40 plus games...the signs are that he is tactically inept,is brilliant at putting a side together that goes on big runs of defeats and has a coaching set-up that wouldnt look out of place in the unibond prem

Of course its my choice and opinion, formed by understanding of the financial means of our club. If you had your way - keeping in mind we have NO money - what would you do? The fans bleated enough to get McGhee out - which proved nothing, so what now?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Of course its my choice and opinion, formed by understanding of the financial means of our club. If you had your way - keeping in mind we have NO money - what would you do? The fans bleated enough to get McGhee out - which proved nothing, so what now?

The fans drove out Mcghee which imho was bang out of order...and was always going to prove a mistake, the success he brought us by taking us up and keeping us up was too soon forgotten...this magical lost dressing room the anti mcghee crew speak of was of was non apparent...we started well last season and imho should have had 100% record from 1st four games...If he had the start wilkins has had then it would have been justified.

What would I have done...never in a million years would I have appointed the guy...not sure how many times we need to employ from within to see it doesnt work...But in this case I'd try and get a decent name in and soon...

A expiereinced head to sort this lot out is what is needed, a complete clear out of staff on the coaching side...its a very amatuar set-up we have and a guy of forsters ability and skill must be laughing his head off.

What now?? We need someone in a quick sharp...another relegation edged season is not what we need and imho with a couple of new faces the squad is good enough for play-offs but just not under wilkns.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Objection my lord! This is merely conjecture and is not a fact at all.

Im afraid it is a fact doug. Wilkins has been here a year and we have gone backwards. We were 10th after his first game in cartaker charge. After a year mcghee got us promoted and we were on the way to staying up!:glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here