Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F1 - Spa Grand Prix

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
The punishment makes no sense anyway. Even if Lewis had just sat in behind Raikkonen the rest of the way, there's no way Massa or Heidfeld would have caught him. Massa's literally just been handed a win whilst Lewis has been punished for trying to race and entertain.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Well that's me not watching F1 anymore.
What an utter joke. Ron Dennis should just withdraw McLaren and tell Max and Bernie go go f*** themselves.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
And that ladies and gentlemen is the last time I will ever watch a GP whilst the powers that be are still there...

UTTER GUBBINS.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm obviously going against the majority here - but I've seen it again on youtube and I can see their point.

I don't think he had to cut the chicane. He could have stayed on track and close to Kimi imo.

I'm not even convinced he intended to give Kimi the place back. Kimi had better momentum coming out of the corner. Maybe Lewis Hamilton slightly lifted to give him the place but he was right in his tow to take the place at the next corner.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The punishment makes no sense anyway. Even if Lewis had just sat in behind Raikkonen the rest of the way, there's no way Massa or Heidfeld would have caught him. Massa's literally just been handed a win whilst Lewis has been punished for trying to race and entertain.

25 seconds is the standard time penalty if an incident is penalised after the race.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
25 seconds is the standard time penalty if an incident is penalised after the race.

Unless you drive a Ferrari when the penalty is a paultry £7,000.

Pablo

Jul 8, 2003
Worthing
I'm obviously going against the majority here - but I've seen it again on youtube and I can see their point.

I don't think he had to cut the chicane. He could have stayed on track and close to Kimi imo.

I'm not even convinced he intended to give Kimi the place back. Kimi had better momentum coming out of the corner. Maybe Lewis Hamilton slightly lifted to give him the place but he was right in his tow to take the place at the next corner.

I've had a look on youtube as well now and I can see the merit of this being investigated, but cannot agree that any punishment should have been made.

Imo he had to cut the chicane and he followed the rules by allowing Raikkonen to pass him by straight after the cut.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
what REALLY pisses me off with this is that moments earlier raikonnen ran wide but gained enopugh momentum that he stayed in touch with hamilton.

Its clearly a ploy to 'keep interest' in the championship....but i think they are going to face a huge backlash from this one.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I've had a look on youtube as well now and I can see the merit of this being investigated, but cannot agree that any punishment should have been made.

Imo he had to cut the chicane and he followed the rules by allowing Raikkonen to pass him by straight after the cut.

Yeah but the rule is "gained an advantage" and despite "giving the place back" he still gained an advantage.

what REALLY pisses me off with this is that moments earlier raikonnen ran wide but gained enopugh momentum that he stayed in touch with hamilton.

Its clearly a ploy to 'keep interest' in the championship....but i think they are going to face a huge backlash from this one.

This was after Hamilton's move and they cant really penalise Kimi because he crashed out!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Were Ferrari punished when Raikkonen stacked it into the back of Sutil at Monaco? No.

Were Ferrari punished when Massa almost caused a huge accident in the pits by CLEARLY coming out when it was unsafe? No.

Do McLaren get punished for having a driver who actually tries to overtake people and win races, instead of adhering to the unwritten rule of it being a procession with the red cars in front. But of course. If I was Ron Dennis I'd be very tempted, as someone else has said, to just pull out of the championship and tell the FIA to f*** themselves.

Pablo

Jul 8, 2003
Worthing
Yeah but the rule is "gained an advantage" and despite "giving the place back" he still gained an advantage.

Yet if he had kept his line and touched raikkonen he would be out of the race! He did what was necessary imo and with this element of doubt I cannot see how a punishment can be applied.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
McClaren are no less corrupt than Ferrari. What goes around comes around :bigwave:

I think you'll find what came around and went around was dealt with last year with the stripping of points and humungas fine. The continued bias towards Ferrari and vendetta against McLaren is now beyond a joke.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
After re-watching the last 4 laps of the Grand Prix, Kimi actually gained more of an advantage than Hamilton did on the following lap. About half way round the lap (a continuous left hander), Kimi used the run off strip for the entire corner. James Allen even commented on his momentum and how much he had caught up with Lewis.
ffs, at least Lewis saw the error of his ways and gave Kimi back his place for the time he did "gain" over Kimi.

Shame the racing had to be spoiled in this way, the FIA (or whoever made this decision) are an absolute joke.

1066gull

Bet the Spanish love this.

They see Hamilton as a "cheat".

And the British feel the same about Alonso. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here