Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F1 - Spa Grand Prix

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
just antoher reason not to watch F1, get your arses to Brands Hatch and watch some much better racing at a fraction of the cost!

Better than the last 3 laps at Spa? I doubt it, that was F1 showing why it is the best motor sport. Last season and this have had some spectacular racing, maybe not all the time, but a few seconds of F1 at it's best makes the bumper cars of Touring Cars and other events I've watched this season look very average imo.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
well with that small exception, you get just as good racing in any other formula of motor sport.

I'd disagree but F1 is either in your blood or it's not, 20 seconds of excitement in a one and a half to two hour race makes it all worthwhile to me, although I accept many people find it generally processional.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
F1 was in my blood, used to religiously watch every race as a kid through to my late teens. Lost interest when it switched to ITV and the British drivers became crap, now I dont watch it at all, maybe catch the odd lap if i'm bored.

Its all about Touring Cars, Trucks, NASCAR and many other formulas today.....and the Pit Girls of course!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
dunno if this has been posted, but i've read elsewhere that McLaren TWICE asked (during the race) the FIA/Stewards/Whoever if they needed to re-let Kimi pass (a 2nd time) and they were told 'No'

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
dunno if this has been posted, but i've read elsewhere that McLaren TWICE asked (during the race) the FIA/Stewards/Whoever if they needed to re-let Kimi pass (a 2nd time) and they were told 'No'

Yep, they asked Charlie Whiting (?) the race director I think who said that they appeared to have complied with the regulations....it was the AMATEUR STEWARDS with no experience of racing who found in favour of Ferrari. Backhanders you say, what back handers :shrug:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
For anyone who didn't see the Hamilton pass followed by Hamilton letting Kimi past and then supposedly using the slipstream to repass which was what he was penalised for. I would have thought you'd have to spend more than 1/4 second immediately behind someone to actually slipstream them?

YouTube - lewis hamilton vs kimi raikkonen spa 2008

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
that was'nt a slipstream pass, I'm sure McLaren will show technical data to the FIA when appealing to show that Hamilton either lifted off to let kimi pass or slightly applied the brake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here