Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Well done Lewis, shaking hands with Horner and Max on podium. That's class especially given the circumstances.

Absolutely.
No way would Verstappen have done that.
But I think there was probably a bit of, I know I am better than you and you know it too, Verstappen is a pup, he will probably never get anywhere near the wins that Lewis has accumulated and will win a lot more.
It was like Albania winning the World Cup through a last minute penalty given by a bent, incompetent ref.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That is the rule apparently this is doing the rounds on Twitter

9b283304893d038fe69bf34f7176ef58.jpg

Either all cars can unlap or none - how can you pick out just 4 cars to unlap!!??

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Nice nativity scene at the end three wise men and three shepherds on the stage giving out their pressies

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
You can’t blame Red Bull for taking the opportunity but you have to wonder how the opportunity outside of the established rules came about.

Hamilton had no chance once the safety car cleared on a full lap, who knows what would have happened 30 seconds later if the others were allowed to pass. I’m not sure if the safety has to come off into the pits or whether anywhere else is allowed?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You can’t blame Red Bull for taking the opportunity but you have to wonder how the opportunity outside of the established rules came about.

Hamilton had no chance once the safety car cleared on a full lap, who knows what would have happened 30 seconds later if the others were allowed to pass. I’m not sure if the safety has to come off into the pits or whether anywhere else is allowed?

General consensus is that if all lapped cars had been allowed through (as per the written law btw), then the race would have finished still under safety car, and LH would have won.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
England lost the first test.
Hamilton can’t quite take the F1 title.
It’s clearly going to be one of those weekends so I’m bracing myself for a bloody Palace win next.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
At least Adrian Newey was able to sum up how lucky they’ve just got, Horner and Verstappen didn’t even mention the good fortune they got - which is quite incredible really. Newey should be interviewed more often instead of Horner!!!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
England lost the first test.
Hamilton can’t quite take the F1 title.
It’s clearly going to be one of those weekends so I’m bracing myself for a bloody Palace win next.

Probably just as well we aren’t playing TBH

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
A great season the tightest in many years and as such a shot in the arm of F1 which was becoming a bit prosaic, odd rules that seem to have left a lot of people confused, unlucky Lewis well done Max here’s looking forward to next season in the hope it will be as exciting

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Really need to sort out the rules and, possibly, get rid of Michael Masi.

Irrespective of who you support, there was no doubt that Lewis would have won that race by quite a margin if it wasn’t for his intervention and that’s not the way any neutral wants it decided……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
A great season the tightest in many years and as such a shot in the arm of F1 which was becoming a bit prosaic, odd rules that seem to have left a lot of people confused, unlucky Lewis well done Max here’s looking forward to next season in the hope it will be as exciting

I don't think there is anyone NOT confused, is there? When cars unlap under a safety car do ALL cars need to unlap or is it race directors discretion? As far as I can make out it is the latter, in which case Michael Massey has effectively determined the result.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It's like playground football.

One team is 6-0 up.
One minute left to play.

Right, next goal wins!

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I don't there is anyone NOT confused, is there? When cars unlap under a safety car do ALL cars need to unlap or is it race directors discretion? As far as I can make out it is the latter, in which case Michael Massey has effectively determined the result.

Lapped cars unlap themselves then the safety car comes in at the end of the following lap.

Did this happen? No, it didn't.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I don't think there is anyone NOT confused, is there? When cars unlap under a safety car do ALL cars need to unlap or is it race directors discretion? As far as I can make out it is the latter, in which case Michael Massey has effectively determined the result.

The rule says all cars unlap or no cars unlap. That decision is at Masi's discretion. If there is a rule that says only the cars between the leader and the second car must unlap then that rule needs to be shown. Mercedes seem to believe that rule does not exist.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The rule says all cars unlap or no cars unlap. That decision is at Masi's discretion. If there is a rule that says only the cars between the leader and the second car must unlap then that rule needs to be shown. Mercedes seem to believe that rule does not exist.

Could this be overturned?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here