Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
THat race ending was up there with Schumacher taking out Hill in 1994. It will leave a bad taste, forever. I've never had any time for MS, nor will I ever for MV

Like you (probably), I still get angry when I see the clip of Schumacher taking out Hill with his broken car. This one will stick for the rest of my days.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
That quite frankly was a shambles, Masi made a ruling re the lapped cars & then changed his mind last second - how is that fair? A terrible advert for the sport imo with lots of eyes on it today, I think the take home message for casual viewers will be that the winner is determined by rules & not by on track skill

Certainly didn’t change my mind on the sport. Awful.

Was exciting when Perez was holding up Hamilton doing his bit for the team. Thought that was great. That ending tough won’t see me returning anytime soon. Won’t watch it for another 2/3 years when I got nothing else to do on a Sunday.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Hmm, for those of us that lost interest a while ago but thought we'd better give this one a go, given the endless hype about the 'greatest ever sporting rivalry' blah de blah.

That was a terrible advert

I'm out.
Again.
For another 15 years.

Shite 'sport'

I watched Bathurst last weekend, proper car racing. I'll go back to my historics, there's less cheating and better driving!!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Lewis has now lost 3 titles he was by far the best driver. His rookie season when he punctured late in the race, v Rosberg when his engine gave up twice, and now this one, arguably the most painful defeat of all.

He doesn’t storm off the podium, he congratulated his rivals. Critics take note, not many could have handled that finish.

He is absolutely the GOAT.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I watched Bathurst last weekend, proper car racing. I'll go back to my historics, there's less cheating and better driving!!!

Also, I assume, not being used to sportswash a succession of dodgy middle eastern regimes and attended by several hundred of the world's most expensive super yachts?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
U ok hun x

I am fine thanks as I don't care very much, l am into the bikes.
I wanted Hamilton to win because he is British ( in most people's eyes) and he would have become the best driver of all time, anyone that is British should have wanted the same.
I am more concerned about someone who quite rightly wants the rules changed and we are trying to adhere to them, only to post ridiculous things intent on winding up the fans at such a tense moment for them, especially the way it ended.
Seems you want it both ways.
At the end of the day Hamilton has 7 wins, millions in the bank and wallowing in luxury, I don't feel that sorry for him.
But F1, as usual, has totally let themselves down yet again.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
F1 might not

But depends how far Mercedes and Hamilton take it

Courts won’t give a c**p about overturning a result

True. True. But how long would that take to shake down? I’m no legal expert but I imagine they’d be well into next season before there would be any resolution.

Hope Mercedes dust themselves down and put out a stormer of a car for Hamilton and Russell to race with next season.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It really should be this simple. If lapped cars can overtake, ALL the lapped cars should be allowed to overtake. Anything else makes it not a level playing field.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just as Verstappen crossed the line, back in England in the EPL, Maddison takes a dive and gets Leicester the penalty that sees us provisionally out of the top 10. VAR should have overturned it.

Why do people off the pitch or race track have such huge affect over results? Pisses me off.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
To be fair to Red Bull they should have had this season sown up ages ago, it was only Max’s crashes etc which scuppered that. Merc put on a great fightback the last 4 races, and now in the end it is decided in a strange way via Latifi and the decisions of the stewards / Masi.

Glad Max didn’t take out Lewis in a crash to win it anyway.

On to next season now, we hit the reset button with the new 2022 car designs so we have no idea who will be fastest / who will be competing for wins next season. Ideally Merc with Lewis and George at the front, and Red Bull somewhere back in the midfield [emoji1787]

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It really should be this simple. If lapped cars can overtake, ALL the lapped cars should be allowed to overtake. Anything else makes it not a level playing field.

That is the rule apparently this is doing the rounds on Twitter

9b283304893d038fe69bf34f7176ef58.jpg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Sporting drama at its highest on terrestrial television.

First the Cricket World Cup, then Raducanu in the US Open, now this.

Channel 4 have done very well from working with Sky.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Which is why I can see this not being dropped by Mercedes.

Opportunity to discredit the FIA and make a power grab to have more control within the sport and decision making process.

Mercedes have nothing to lose by dragging this out …. Worst case scenario is it overshadows Max winning which I’m sure they will give sweet FA about.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Lewis has now lost 3 titles he was by far the best driver. His rookie season when he punctured late in the race, v Rosberg when his engine gave up twice, and now this one, arguably the most painful defeat of all.

He doesn’t storm off the podium, he congratulated his rivals. Critics take note, not many could have handled that finish.

He is absolutely the GOAT.

It’s remarkable, isn’t it? He has seven titles but he could so easily have more but for tiny twists of fate. I really hope he’s able to get that 8th title to break the record but if it never happens, his legacy is assured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here