Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Hamilton robbed as expected

Yes, it's no surprise is it, but the FiA like Fifa and euefar are all as crooked as it gets. BUsiness is business.

FWLIW I really don't care who wins as long as they do it fairly. Karen, Mad Max and Red Bull have not done that in any way shape or form.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Wow, exactly what F1 needed a new world champion in a different car.
Who can say the best man didn't win?
Max was outstanding.
I do feel slightly sorry for lewis, but he has 7 world championships to give him comfort when he gets home.
Let's hope it's nice and competitive next year.

Come on, that was NOT a great advert for the sport.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Wow, exactly what F1 needed a new world champion in a different car.
Who can say the best man didn't win?
Max was outstanding.
I do feel slightly sorry for lewis, but he has 7 world championships to give him comfort when he gets home.
Let's hope it's nice and competitive next year.

Anyone with vision or audio description.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Commentators said they always let the lapped cars through and thats what they done....

Yes but only allowed 5 cars to unlap themselves and not the rest which isn't standard procedure. Prior to this they were saying either lapped cars not to be unlapped and we get 1 lap or cars unlap but we won't get a lap in.

Well done Max. I'm a Lewis fan through and through but he has been tremendous at times this season. Not always fair but its done now. Hope Merc show some class after this despite the controversial decisions

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
That quite frankly was a shambles, Masi made a ruling re the lapped cars & then changed his mind last second - how is that fair? A terrible advert for the sport imo with lots of eyes on it today, I think the take home message for casual viewers will be that the winner is determined by rules & not by on track skill

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Travesty.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, it's no surprise is it, but the FiA like Fifa and euefar are all as crooked as it gets. BUsiness is business.

FWLIW I really don't care who wins as long as they do it fairly. Karen, Mad Max and Red Bull have not done that in any way shape or form.

But you can't blame Red Bull for that finish - that was on Masi.

Given the opportunity, no team/driver would sit back saying "That doesn't feel right - we'll let you take the win from here."

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What a joke. Masi has mugged Lewis as if he just took his watch off him. Either all lapped cars overtake or none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Stewards going for drama over the application of the rules utter joke and what an embarrassment when the world is watching

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Well this will rumble on

Why only let the lapped cars between LH and MV pass the safety car and not the others.

Rules broken….. this won’t end here

It will rumble on but the result will stand regardless of the broken rules and inconsistencies. They’ll never allow a title to be overturned on appeal.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Hmm, for those of us that lost interest a while ago but thought we'd better give this one a go, given the endless hype about the 'greatest ever sporting rivalry' blah de blah.

That was a terrible advert

I'm out.
Again.
For another 15 years.

Shite 'sport'

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Come on, that was NOT a great advert for the sport.

BUT it would be perfect for WWE wrestling. I feel so sorry for Lewis’ team, they had the Merc purring, they totally won the car battle over the season having been slower than the Red Bull for a good 2/3s.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Well this will rumble on

Why only let the lapped cars between LH and MV pass the safety car and not the others.

Rules broken….. this won’t end here

I don't know, but it seems like there are no rules as such, so nothing was broken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here