Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Decided to watch it which I rarely do. Only to see everything I thought about the sport confirmed. Nothing to do with being the best driver. All to do with the car, tactics, gamesmanship and baffling decisions.

Pretty much my thoughts…..only channel-hopped onto it a few times and then happened to do so just before last lap. Wouldn’t expect to understand but doesn’t seem as though the commentators/pundits are even sure wtf was going on.

Will be interested to see the reporting and what the experts/aficionados who know their stuff think about it all.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Making the rules up to engineer a result is great cricket areas for F1 to be fair

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Wow, exactly what F1 needed a new world champion in a different car.
Who can say the best man didn't win?
Max was outstanding.
I do feel slightly sorry for lewis, but he has 7 world championships to give him comfort when he gets home.
Let's hope it's nice and competitive next year.

You never fail to get everything so wrong do you.
I

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Well, if that’s the end of it, it will give me a bit more weekend time next year. Absolute shambles - make it up as you go along. Bit like Boris.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Wow, exactly what F1 needed a new world champion in a different car.
Who can say the best man didn't win?
Max was outstanding.
I do feel slightly sorry for lewis, but he has 7 world championships to give him comfort when he gets home.
Let's hope it's nice and competitive next year.

No way. Best use of rules won.
Lewis overtook mad max and stayed in front but safely cars and interpretation of the rules fixed it.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Yes, it's no surprise is it, but the FiA like Fifa and euefar are all as crooked as it gets. BUsiness is business.

FWLIW I really don't care who wins as long as they do it fairly. Karen, Mad Max and Red Bull have not done that in any way shape or form.

Absolutely this, I can't remember being so annoyed by a sporting result, I not motorsport is motorsport but Hamilton, literally, could not have done anything more today, he was better than Verstappen from start to (almost obv) finish. Such an unlikeable pair, Karen and Verstappen.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Absolutely this. Either follow the procedure or don't follow the procedure. But don't allow half the procedure.

Absolutely, Michael Masi needs removing from the sport, blokes got no control (as proved by all the team radio messages) and just seems to be making it up as he goes along

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
But you can't blame Red Bull for that finish - that was on Masi.

Given the opportunity, no team/driver would sit back saying "That doesn't feel right - we'll let you take the win from here."

I wonder who leant on him ?

No they wouldn't.

RB/MV were going to win the WC sometime soon, too good not to, but not this season, they weren't the best team and were poor sportsmen in the process.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Would have looked better if they *hadnt* put up on screen that lapped cars would definitively not be allowed to overtake, then they show Horner on the radio to Masi saying that’s not fair, then they change their mind and clear the cars out of the way for Max.

Whatever was going on, that chain of events makes it look well dodgy. Not saying conspiracy, but at the least it looks very messy.

A weird one. Reminds me of Massa losing the championship when Glock had issues and LH passed him.

Good that Max didn’t take out LH today - as that would have really been the worst ending.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Hmm, for those of us that lost interest a while ago but thought we'd better give this one a go, given the endless hype about the 'greatest ever sporting rivalry' blah de blah.

That was a terrible advert

I'm out.
Again.
For another 15 years.

Shite 'sport'

A poor replacement for our match being postponed. I wish I'd watched the first half of the Burnley v West Ham match now.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Would have looked better if they *hadnt* put up on screen that lapped cars would definitively not be allowed to overtake, then they show Horner on the radio to Masi saying that’s not fair, then they change their mind and clear the cars out of the way for Max.

Whatever was going on, that chain of events makes it look well dodgy. Not saying conspiracy, but at the least it looks very messy.

A weird one. Reminds me of Massa losing the championship when Glock had issues and LH passed him.

Good that Max didn’t take out LH today - as that would have really been the worst ending.

It did come over as a ref trying to even up an earlier error by doubling down.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Absolutely this, I can't remember being so annoyed by a sporting result, I not motorsport is motorsport but Hamilton, literally, could not have done anything more today, he was better than Verstappen from start to (almost obv) finish. Such an unlikeable pair, Karen and Verstappen.

THat race ending was up there with Schumacher taking out Hill in 1994. It will leave a bad taste, forever. I've never had any time for MS, nor will I ever for MV

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here