Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Explain Yourself

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Was it Brian Powney who used to spend a lot of the match screaming "'Arry! 'Arry!"?

I was a big fan too. A real no-nonsense whole hearted defender. Happy days!

And "Rippleman" name given to me by my son because I like Ripples!
I always remember Peter Grummitt constantly shouting “Andy Andy” to Andy Rollings

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

There's a certain bunch of kids in Peacehaven that we know
Cause destuction and chaos everywhere that they go
Been labelled 'the wildkids' by the local press
Banned from the youth club 'cos of the way they dress

Leather jackets, black docs with red laces, all wild kids have got mullard boatraces
Kids, wild kids, Peacehaven wild kids

Meet up the flats up Roderick avenue, then smash 'em all up 'cos there's f*** all else to do
PC Campbell and his force try and chase 'em round the town, but someone's gone and let the cop car tyres down

If Seaford or Saltdean come over for a ruck, Peacehaven Wild Kids beat 'em all to f***
Clive from the youth club went and banned them all, now "WILD KIDS WILL FIX YOU, CLIVE!" is sprayed on his wall

It was only recently I’d realised I had been misreading your username as “With Kids” for some reason!

BS34 Seagull

Jan 27, 2022
Stoke Gifford

There's a certain bunch of kids in Peacehaven that we know
Cause destuction and chaos everywhere that they go
Been labelled 'the wildkids' by the local press
Banned from the youth club 'cos of the way they dress

Leather jackets, black docs with red laces, all wild kids have got mullard boatraces
Kids, wild kids, Peacehaven wild kids

Meet up the flats up Roderick avenue, then smash 'em all up 'cos there's f*** all else to do
PC Campbell and his force try and chase 'em round the town, but someone's gone and let the cop car tyres down

If Seaford or Saltdean come over for a ruck, Peacehaven Wild Kids beat 'em all to f***
Clive from the youth club went and banned them all, now "WILD KIDS WILL FIX YOU, CLIVE!" is sprayed on his wall

I remember Clive, the youth leader, referenced in the song; he was ok. He was an Ipswich Town supporter who, during the 1974/75 season, decided to use the youth club minibus to take a group of us up to Ipswich to follow the home games in the FA cup that season. Liverpool R4, Aston Villa R5 and the first match against Leeds in QF. There were 3 mid-week replays, against Leeds, which we did not attend. He also took the youth club minibus, up to Newcastle in 1979, so that we could watch the Brighton promotion game to Division 1.

I was not aware of the song, but enjoyed reading the lyrics.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
From when I first started posting on NSC and there was an Orient supporting poster, banned long ago, called WATFORD O who was a bit of a WUM. I set up the account WATFORD 0 and started posting and WATFORD O got very excited, insisting his account had been hacked and it wasn't him. After about a week of this I got bored and got a mod to change mine to WATFORD zero.

Luckily I also managed to get a picture of @dwayne, a ginger black poster from that time to use as my profile pic.
Oh that Dwayne stuff was so funny, we all have regrets as young uns I suppose!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I used to play a couple of online role-playing,multi-user adventure games; Shades which was on BT's Prestel system and The Void which was a 4 line system hosted in someone's bedroom. Anyways, I had to come up with a name for my persona and I became Chumly the Happy Pig.
I dropped the Chumly bit but Happypig sort of stuck and it reminds me of a time before the WWW when home computers were for geeks and people were mostly nice to each other.

Reinelt 62

Jul 5, 2003
Arguably the most important goal in the club's history...

Attachments

• The_Independent_1997_05_04_45.jpg
    The_Independent_1997_05_04_45.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 2
  • Sunday_Mercury_1997_05_04_92.jpg
    Sunday_Mercury_1997_05_04_92.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
JC Denton is the playable character in the PC game “Deus Ex” - widely considered one of the greatest games of all time.

JC Denton is completely monotone, has badass one-liners, and is just as likely to debate philosophy and quote G.K Chesterton with the Illuminati as he is to blow up Area 51.

And he looks like this;

IMG_3872.png

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Named after Greg Bobkin :thumbsup:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
As a youth I played for Hollingbury Hawks, at the end of a season I was on stage to receive an award, and the man presenting the trophies was Darren Freeman, and it was at the time when he had his long permed locks. It just came to when asked to pick a username.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I used to lurk on NSC in the naughties. I finally registered an account and then lurked some more. However, when I made the odd post, I’d get PM’d or messaged from people saying ‘…are you so & so…’. My dead name was something very similar to someone who’d recently stopped posting.

So I eventually started a new account and had recently read the The Brightonomicon by Robert Rankin and whilst not the biggest fan of his work, was rather taken by the lead character and his method of settling up with taxi drivers. I googled the character and found an image of him that fortunately looked nothing like me for my profile pic!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here