Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Explain Yourself

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I was in the 6th form with @South Stand Bonfire, and he may not remember this now, but with another lad (Manu) we made up quotes and attributed them to a fictitious Edwin Columbus Bodian and I liberally sprinkled them into Geography and Economics essays on the basis that if you use enough quotes it looks as though you know what you're talking about. Used the name ever since for things here and there. Including further non-existent quotes at University until one of the lecturers kept hassling me for a copy of Bodian's book....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’d like to be really cool like @Harry Wilson's tackle and say my username is stolen from a Russian Avant Guard band who play scintillating and ground-breaking cacophonies in a melting pot wall of sound that pairs perfectly with a cold glass of Chablis on a Friday night …

But I can’t. ‘Zeberdi’ is part anagram of my real name and more obviously an anagram of De Zerbi.

And the Russian Avant Guard band called ‘Zeberdi’ is really shlte and not Avant Guard at all but sounds like Chinese torture to my ears (HWT might get it though)

That Russian band are dull.

This Russian starts with a similar groove, but then the bird flies.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That Russian band are dull.

This Russian starts with a similar groove, but then the bird flies.

:lol:I think you missed the whole point of my post er, the whole point was the band was crap but I didn’t name myself after the band - the band link was a complete woosh 😂

Never heard of them until i googled the name 10 minutes ago

(Do I need to remove references to you from my post, you seem not to have seen the funny side 🤷‍♂️)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm from* Brighton and I'm a Cottager**

*No, not born and bred, but lived here more than half my life and considered a 'local' by the people who matter.
** No, the other kind.
There used to be a fantastic second had record shop near The Dome called The Cottage. Till one of the owners was murdered by a piece of filth.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:lol:I think you missed the whole point of my post er, the whole point was the band was crap but I didn’t name myself after the band - the band link was a complete woosh 😂

Never heard of them until i googled the name 10 minutes ago
I realized that, you literalist spectrum person, you :wink:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Mullard boat races :lolol:
I didn’t realise it was mullard, is this because of Arthur? I always thought it was mullered for some reason
Pete definitely sings 'mullered' as in destroyed or ruined, but coincidentally that's a fairly accurate description of Mullard's face.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here