Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - Matchday 3

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The end was like a Cup game where the underdogs were trying to hold on and hack the ball away anywhere.

It shouldn't have been like this.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We've all seen this time and time again. England always seem to be a team of very good players with a couple of worldies that hide the obvious deficiencies - they don't play like a team, don't play with freedom and the best players are often blunted. Southgate also rubbish with subs. Still a wins a win.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well, we've got one foot over the line into the next round. The win was vital, as ugly as it was.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Southgate is clearly a very good man manager., but his in game management is probably the worst I've seen from any England manager, possibly including Graham Taylor.
Is he?

I thought that till the last year, as you mentioned he's made foden look like Harry Winks, fallen out with Ben white and I don't see too many busting a gut for him.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
My gosh, give it a rest you anti-Southgate brigade. If we'd beaten them 4-0 you'd have all said "they'll get found out by a good team". It's tedious. Can we have another thread for you lot who don't even like England anyway?

Italy beat Albania by a goal. The Dutch beat Poland by a goal. Serbia are strong, physical and have excellent players like Vlahovic and Tadic. Kane would have made it 2 if not for a world-class save. Serbia had one good chance out of nothing, dealt by Pickford well.

We did a good job. 3 points. Job done.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
My gosh, give it a rest you anti-Southgate brigade. If we'd beaten them 4-0 you'd have all said "they'll get found out by a good team". It's tedious. Can we have another thread for you lot who don't even like England anyway?

Italy beat Albania by a goal. The Dutch beat Poland by a goal. Serbia are strong, physical and have excellent players like Vlahovic and Tadic. Kane would have made it 2 if not for a world-class save. Serbia had one good chance out of nothing, dealt by Pickford well.

Don't like England?

If we didn't like England we wouldn't care who was manager?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

These things can all be true AND Southgate’s tactics can be negative and one dimensional.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here