Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU and AstraZeneca

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’m in clinically vulnerable category and have just just booked my jab for next week, will it be Pfizer l, I am not so sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larus

Can’t be bothered to read the whole thread, buy you have the usual suspects slagging off the Tories/UK and sucking the dick of the EU, even though it’s clear that the UK have been very astute in the handling of the vaccines, in terms of funding, ordering, liability waivers etc.

The EU with their need to control have totally f***ed up and it’s blindingly obvious that they have. Their tactics now are to bully AZ, threaten the use of clauses which would allow them to seize the factories etc., and now they have, in effect, created a hard-border on Ireland.

What a complete clusterf**k they are - if anyone can defend this then that says a lot about you as a person. Intelligent debate allows you to recognise failings where they occur - blindly supporting the EU because you hate Brexit is totally pathetic.

Oh, BTW. Ursula VDL is a low rate German politician who is not thought of highly in her own country - that’s the type of person who succeeds in the EU though.

larus

Nah. Cos, we were still under EU law when we signed off the vaccine.

Yes the EU have ****ed up, yes the UK appeared to have somewhat lucked out with the manufacturing. Christ, we were due it after the PPE debacle.

But to suggest that the EU would have stopped us is rubbish. That's just spin from the Health Secretary which even No.10 refused to align with.

I know you are DESPERATE for a Brexit Bonus, but this isn't one.

Far from desperate for a Brexit bonus.
The short-term disruption will soon pass.
The clusterf*ck of the EURO is still on-going as is the damage being created n the souther EURO countries. Italy has had 0 growth overall since it joined the EURO. Target 2 is going to come back and bite Germany is the ass.
Us, however, are striking up a number of trade deals and are looking to join to CPTPP which will be a bigger free trade area then the EU, and we won’t have to take rules from unelected failures like VDL.

I bet you knock one out whenever there’s some negative story in the press linked to Brexit. You come across as the type who’d be happier if Brexit made the country poorer and was a complete failure, rather than cheering any success which, in effect, falsified your position. Sad really, but that’s your choice.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
On a bit of tangent, it puts into sharp focus just how daft the Burnley manager was for trying to think up reasons why his 21 year old footballers should skip in ahead of you, me and others.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can’t be bothered to read the whole thread, buy you have the usual suspects slagging off the Tories/UK and sucking the dick of the EU, even though it’s clear that the UK have been very astute in the handling of the vaccines, in terms of funding, ordering, liability waivers etc.

The EU with their need to control have totally f***ed up and it’s blindingly obvious that they have. Their tactics now are to bully AZ, threaten the use of clauses which would allow them to seize the factories etc., and now they have, in effect, created a hard-border on Ireland.

What a complete clusterf**k they are - if anyone can defend this then that says a lot about you as a person. Intelligent debate allows you to recognise failings where they occur - blindly supporting the EU because you hate Brexit is totally pathetic.

Oh, BTW. Ursula VDL is a low rate German politician who is not thought of highly in her own country - that’s the type of person who succeeds in the EU though.
Go on. Read the thread lol.

Hellingull

Jan 27, 2017
Is anyone really surprised by this?
I wonder if those who thought the eu were so ficking wonderful not so long ago will still feel that way if they succeed in blocking our vaccine supply?
They have shown their true colours, hopefully the British public will now unite for the good of this country and all its citizens.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Easyish thought experiment. Pretend the situation is reversed and then see how reasonable you think each side is being.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Far from desperate for a Brexit bonus.
The short-term disruption will soon pass.
The clusterf*ck of the EURO is still on-going as is the damage being created n the souther EURO countries. Italy has had 0 growth overall since it joined the EURO. Target 2 is going to come back and bite Germany is the ass.
Us, however, are striking up a number of trade deals and are looking to join to CPTPP which will be a bigger free trade area then the EU, and we won’t have to take rules from unelected failures like VDL.

I bet you knock one out whenever there’s some negative story in the press linked to Brexit. You come across as the type who’d be happier if Brexit made the country poorer and was a complete failure, rather than cheering any success which, in effect, falsified your position. Sad really, but that’s your choice.

Thank you Nigel, have a nice weekend...

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
EU attitude to the island of Ireland:
1. In 1998 when Blair was putting peace together, they just weren't to be seen. I remember Clinton getting heavily, helpfully involved but don't remember much of Jacques Santer (head of the EU commission) doing anything
2. Suddenly, during Brexit negotiations they get very concerned about Ireland, demanding that no hard border be put in place in order to uphold the Good Friday agreement. That made Brexit really, really difficult and almost scuppered it (surely not the EU's intention)
3. Now, one month after the final settlement the EU invokes clause 16 of the withdrawal agreement and puts a hard border in place. That clause is meant only to be invoked when there are serious economic, societal or environmental difficulties in place. Somehow, peace in Ireland has been moved to one side in order to resolve a contractual issue between the EU and AZ.

Great Britain has learned over the centuries that fiddling with Ireland to further your own ends never ends well. Maybe the EU still has that to learn.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
BJ must be sitting back tonight with a huge glass of his favourite drink thinking he's won the lottery. In a stroke he has the answer to the Crankie up in Scotland. The EU have really ****ed up, she wants to re-join, yet now, this evening they have given him the full answer to knock back her argument. If he has any sort of intelligence he will use this to dismiss her wishes out of hand.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
He makes a few good points. But then seems to lose the plot.

It would be nice if we could extract the Airfix patriots and the blind Europhiles from this debate. The toxicity will end up, literally, killing people.

If nationalism was a stock right now it would have a 'strong buy' indicator against it.

Would I be able to stick my head above the parapet and ask what an Airfix patriot is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
BJ must be sitting back tonight with a huge glass of his favourite drink thinking he's won the lottery. In a stroke he has the answer to the Crankie up in Scotland. The EU have really ****ed up, she wants to re-join, yet now, this evening they have given him the full answer to knock back her argument. If he has any sort of intelligence he will use this to dismiss her wishes out of hand.

However, even when Johnson is presented with an open goal he is always bound to overcomplicate any attempt to score to the extend that he will end up face down in the mud with his trousers around his ankles while waving a small Union flag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here