Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU and AstraZeneca

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm more sure than ever that my vote to leave the EU was the correct decision to make.

I'm genuinely pleased that you can get a good nights sleep tonight.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Really disheartening to see all this "vaccine nationalism" from our side (before Christmas) and let's face it a few powerful member states hiding behind the EU now.

We are still in a form of lockdown in this country if Spain and France aren't vaccinated. The whole of Europe isn't safe until Africa is sorted and I haven't even mentioned the USA.

Those powerful member states are more likely hiding from the EU than behind it. The Commission is embarrassing the organization.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm more sure than ever that my vote to leave the EU was the correct decision to make.

To be honest I’d fill ya boots if I was you, there had to be a tangible benefit (well kind of) one day

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Seems like this might go down as quite a catastrophic miscalculation from the EU in the cold light of day tomorrow morning.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I’m in clinically vulnerable category and have just just booked my jab for next week, will it be Pfizer l, I am not so sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did it not say when you booked somewhere?

I'm in clinically vulnerable group 4 too, got invite text this morning, but they said it's for Oxford/AZ, I called GP to see of I could delay a week or two or if to get Pfizer and they said no, book now or wait till next clinic.

I have decided to wait, reasons are that my work will expect me back in once vaccinated and 3 weeks passed and and I am CEV, and that Oxford still haven't released any official data that it works on UK variant yet, it's due in next 2 weeks.

I asked, what if I take Oxford and it's not effective on British variant, then what? As I don't want to be left shielding again, im not 85 or in an old people's home, I want and need to get back to work if possible, and so far only Pfizer have confirmed it Def does work on the most predominant strain in UK. If I took Oxford next week and UK variant data wasn't good, would I be offered something else or is that it, had my turn so tough titties....... she couldn't answer bit said it's unlikely you'd get another soon, so I asked to go on waiting list for Pfizer and will call back in next 2 weeks and gladly take Oxford if official report, when released, shows it Def works to reasonable effect on UK variant.

As of today only Pfizer can guarantee I can get back to work and get off of shielding as it's proven to work on UK variant, hopefully Oxford will shortly too, but today it's still a punt as there's nothing official.

Should hopefully work isn't the same as Def does, so will wait up to 2 weeks for official report.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sure the BBC have just said that the EU are looking at backtracking on this decision

Yes some back tracking oh dear what a mess they've made. This could be the end of the EU it's a timebomb

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sure the BBC have just said that the EU are looking at backtracking on this decision

Yep
‘ The BBC's Europe editor Katya Adler said EU sources have told her that the European Commission was going to backtrack on its decision and would not suspend part of the Northern Ireland protocol.
The source told our correspondent that "suggesting to do that was misjudgement and an error".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55865539

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
EU have backed down on Article 16.

I reckon Biden gave them a call and told them not to mess with the Irish border.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
To be honest I’d fill ya boots if I was you, there had to be a tangible benefit (well kind of) one day
Poor old nicko ... your Brussels handlers must be finally considering recalling you .... bon voyage [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I reckon Biden gave them a call and told them not to mess with the Irish border.

Really? Biden has no love of the British, and is clearly anti-Brexit.

P.S. Watching ITN news now - and ITN is no great friend of Brexit - but they are absolutely destroying the EU position now.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

TBH That was my first thought followed by the Irish PM phoning up and telling the German bird to stop being an ‘ejit’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

love that you think Biden has time to deal with this matter. more likely hearing all sides in Ireland and NI saying "wtf EU?" caused a reassessment. Irish are very unhappy about how this played out. and given DUP strong case for UK to use article 16.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I suspect the person who triggered Article 16 was the same person who forgot to order the vaccines.

Desperately.. trying not to find this funny...but not succeeding...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The EU will require an outstanding spin doctor to get this back-tracking to look anything but one huge dog turd created by themselves

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here