Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU and AstraZeneca

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Ah - OK then - not top, but third (after Belgium and Slovenia). That's a relief!

Upholding and respecting factual information should be a universal norm ... allowing Left-wing zealots (Vegster), Europhiles (Nicko31 and the rest of the #teameu crew) plus Trumpists and others to peddle fibs doesn't benefit anyone!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You’re being a bit harsh on Belgium and Slovenia. Last time I checked they were very much in the developed world.

Thank God there are a couple of countries worse than us then, what a relief !

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55862233

Covid: EU drugs regulator approves AstraZeneca vaccine

...but Germany is still not giving approval for over 65s

to be fair , there hasn tbeen the studies of to certain groups in the over 65 and there is some worrying data around side effect and issues.

I can see the cautiousness regarding this but we dont have until 2023 for some people to fully assess its safety.

If I was vulnerable I would take the risk , I wouldnt be happy about it but there isnt really an alternative that means you can live more normal.

Concerning for some of our vulnerable over 65s but lets hope things will go against some theories starting to circulate and things will be all ok.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Funnily enough, when the contract originally went on line you could apparently use the tabs within Adobe to uncover the redacted bits!

Yes, Des Spiegel have written an article about it, but it's behind a paywall.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Ah - OK then - not top, but third (after Belgium and Slovenia). That's a relief!

dont be a muppet with your petty remain point scoring.

The UK is the most densely populated place in europe, of people per square metre, that makes a huge difference, we also had a new rogue and highly transmissible strain appear here which is in nobodies control. We are also have one of the worlds biggest and most important cities, which is home to one of worlds busiest airports. Not something Slovenia, Poland or any most other countries are comparable to.

And you know all of this, but blind tribalism prevents objective opinion.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I can genuinely imagine the Daily Mail headline... they would have to go back to being a broadsheet for a day in order to accommodate the font size they would use.

Of course they wouldn't mention the fact that the UK has had the worst fatality numbers per capita in the developed world, the 100,000 + deaths are not to be acknowledged until everyone in authority has made their excuses and left.

Well highest per capita in the developed world with pop >10m, thank god we're ahead with the vaccine rollout we need it more than anyone else..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well highest per capita in the developed world with pop >10m, thank god we're ahead with the vaccine rollout we need it more than anyone else..

Shhhh ! now is not the time I've been told, we have to be incredibly grateful that we have managed to buy more vaccines than anyone else.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Agreed, but by that logic the Astra Zeneca one would stay in Germany....... which isn’t disagreeing with what you’ve said.

Astra Zeneca is a British Swedish company and the vaccine developed in the UK, we paid for the development so why would it stay in Germany when it was only the very first batch made there that was sent here. well before they had decided to approve it?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Actually, this whole AZ vaccine saga is (almost) turning me into a Leaver! I see now the EU is invoking an over-ride to the Northern Ireland protocol. There must be some serious sh1t going on in and around Brussels.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55864442

Brexit: EU introduces controls on vaccines to NI

It’s irrelevant really because NI is a part of the UK vaccine strategy. It does though highlight some petty politics coming out of Brussels at the moment. Some of them seem to have forgotten what this is all about.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I would suggest all UK citizens/residents (those that want it ) after that the rest of the world. Nobody is safe until everyone is safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scarily I’m in agreement as this is on the money. The whole planet needs vaccinating otherwise we will be having a very pleasant few years.

This is more of a face saving activity more than anything else. They’ve ****ed up, we haven’t which puts the argument of safety in numbers of the EU at question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55864442

Brexit: EU introduces controls on vaccines to NI

It’s irrelevant really because NI is a part of the UK vaccine strategy. It does though highlight some petty politics coming out of Brussels at the moment. Some of them seem to have forgotten what this is all about.

Oooooh. They are reporting that the EU by doing this have broken the terms of the Brexit agreement.

Recall the aircraft carriers! Get Danny dyer out there...it’s all kicking off!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

I know right, this govt have pretty well messed everything up bar the vaccine and given their failures we def need it. Even the vac though is too early to call success, they could easily **** it up from here

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I know right, this govt have pretty well messed everything up bar the vaccine and given their failures we def need it. Even the vac though is too early to call success, they could easily **** it up from here

Can't we try and keep this on topic without feeling the need to make political statements?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here