Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU and AstraZeneca

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Those saying 'Leavers will love this error, pushes back any chance of rejoining' when it simply shows why folks voted to leave in the first place. The attitude contained in one mighty action could not have emphasised their bullying, bureaucratic boneheadedness anymore.

You couldn't, to coin a well used phrase in these pages, make it up.

Funny one liner account, remember ? :dunce:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We would still be better off in the EU and that’s the bottom line.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
We would still be better off in the EU and that’s the bottom line.

From the above article:

.......it’s not only integration that’s changing the EU. For the last 16 years, it’s been anchored to the Chancellorship of Angela Merkel. She has steadied the ship through numerous crises including the Great Recession, the eurozone crisis, Brexit and the pandemic. While she’s made mistakes, the “Queen of Europe” is nonetheless a force for continuity. Not for much longer, though. Her reign is drawing to a close — and the vaccine debacle is a sign of what the EU could look like in the hands of less impressive leaders.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
From the above article:

.......it’s not only integration that’s changing the EU. For the last 16 years, it’s been anchored to the Chancellorship of Angela Merkel. She has steadied the ship through numerous crises including the Great Recession, the eurozone crisis, Brexit and the pandemic. While she’s made mistakes, the “Queen of Europe” is nonetheless a force for continuity. Not for much longer, though. Her reign is drawing to a close — and the vaccine debacle is a sign of what the EU could look like in the hands of less impressive leaders.

weren't you telling people they should move on earlier?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
From the above article:

I read the opinion piece. Interesting.
Unfortunately Little Englanders will seize upon this misstep from the EU and it will reinforce the unfortunate little englander mindset that foreigners are up to something, trying to get one over.
Unfortunately it’s not the EU that loses out, it’s us. The sane, silent majority that wanted to remain. We now have to suffer the puffed up chests of the anti-EU mob.
The world knows the EU is a force for good. They have acted very out of character and in desperation I should imagine. It is a great shame. But they’ll recover. They are on the right side of history on the whole.
But, nobody is changing anybody’s anything here so ....t’was ever this. Dinner in the oven.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
From the above article:

Actually that isn't a very impressive prediction. What you're saying is that poor leadership leads to poor outcomes. We know that from our own national experience, but it isn't really news.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
[/B]

Actually that isn't a very impressive prediction. What you're saying is that poor leadership leads to poor outcomes. We know that from our own national experience, but it isn't really news.

Nobody who fell for the Leave campaign or for the current government has any right to criticise another leadership given the lies and underhand tactics employed by both.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
[/B]

Merkel and Johnson, imagine the offspring.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
[/B]

You get the chance to vote out poor leaders in this country .... good luck getting rid of VdL/EU Commission.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Yeah I know ... democratic accountability is so over rated.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
No irony from me.

I try to focus on the present; I think we have bad leadership in this country and have had for several years. Bad leadership is the cause of the huge division between people like you and me and the deaths of many thousands.

The current leadership is to a great degree responsible and I agree (if I read your irony correctly) that the government must be made accountable.... before more damage is done.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
4e543f5ac206ef8ddff4c43a82925aa4.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Those saying 'Leavers will love this error, pushes back any chance of rejoining' when it simply shows why folks voted to leave in the first place. The attitude contained in one mighty action could not have emphasised their bullying, bureaucratic boneheadedness anymore.

You couldn't, to coin a well used phrase in these pages, make it up.

Indeed ...

https://unherd.com/2021/02/europe-shows-its-true-colours/

I told you not to post that as POTG? It just meant that you had to wait an hour, and when nobody had responded to it's content, log in as JCFG and bounce it yourself in a desperate second attempt to get a response.

Maybe you should have taken up my suggestion and simply posted it as JCFG in the first place :lolol:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I told you not to post that as POTG? It just meant that you had to wait an hour, and when nobody had responded to it's content, log in as JCFG and bounce it yourself in a desperate second attempt to get a response.

Maybe you should have taken up my suggestion and simply posted it as JCFG in the first place :lolol:

:wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here