Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Yes, we've really got one over the EU

144973343_3815972891779911_4691800881598225499_n.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Another thread trashed by the same handful of pro-brexit, right wingers as always. With their obviousness. It’s getting so boring.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes, we've really got one over the EU

View attachment 133283

To be fair, if anything that backs AstraZeneca's position to prioritise supply to the UK over the EU. Our requirement is obviously far more desperate. Hopefully the EU can keep containing their rates in the short term until production is ramped up, because lives saved has to take priority.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Another thread trashed by the same handful of pro-brexit, right wingers as always. With their obviousness. It’s getting so boring.

This thread suffered from childish comments from right wingers in its early pages. They were warned and we moved on and were able to continue our civil discussion, albeit with a few contributions from thread derailers that were largely ignored. Then around about post 707 we had an influx of the other side with their whataboutery and attempts to misrepresent death figures as some sort of macabre competition. The posts since removal to the Bear Pit have largely continued in the same vein. If we are to attribute blame let’s do it properly and blame the extremists on both sides. I guess the subject is now closed and the usual suspects can go back to either talking about the war or blaming Boris for everything. Whatever floats your boat.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This thread suffered from childish comments from right wingers in its early pages. They were warned and we moved on and were able to continue our civil discussion, albeit with a few contributions from thread derailers that were largely ignored. Then around about post 707 we had an influx of the other side with their whataboutery and attempts to misrepresent death figures as some sort of macabre competition. The posts since removal to the Bear Pit have largely continued in the same vein. If we are to attribute blame let’s do it properly and blame the extremists on both sides. I guess the subject is now closed and the usual suspects can go back to either talking about the war or blaming Boris for everything. Whatever floats your boat.

You're probably right.

Jan 30, 2008
Yes we know that you can't name a benefit and that it was a major cock up by the EU, and we know that you knew what you were doing to the financial services industry, the logistics industry, exporters, the fishing industry, Northern Ireland etc because you knew what you voted for.

But you really don't need to try and keep justifying what you did :shrug:

Your a winner. We are not in the EU anymore. Move on :thumbsup:

Do us all a favour and do the same
Regards
DF

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

I understand your frustration but it is mostly heavily weighted on one side, this as a case in point where one side is triumphant and making the vaccine program a Brexit win whereas those not of that pursuasion would agree it's more about everyone getting vaccinated worldwide, well thats my opinion anyway

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The amusing thing is when it comes to succeeding in something the other hasn't in the last five years, this is merely a consolation and makes it around 25-1 rather than 25-0.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I understand your frustration but it is mostly heavily weighted on one side, this as a case in point where one side is triumphant and making the vaccine program a Brexit win whereas those not of that pursuasion would agree it's more about everyone getting vaccinated worldwide, well thats my opinion anyway

I think people are so heavily entrenched on the subject of the EU that they don’t see it in themselves. I include myself in that and go out of my way to try to avoid making posts that diminish the quality of debate and I try to show respect for other points of view. I probably don’t always succeed, but I try. I think a core of posters on both sides make no effort at all and seem to relish the division, the point scoring and the whataboutery. I guess that’s why we have a Bear Pit.
Definitely agree with that last point of yours and that is where the debate will head over the next few months as Western nations complete this round of vaccinations. Scaling up was not just last year’s EU problem. It will become an international issue as new variants appear and repeat vaccinations are needed across the globe. I also think there will be considerable debate over vaccine hesitancy/anti vaxxers. I heard on the radio this morning someone saying that some care home staff in the UK have refused the vaccine. A debate looms over the rights of the community versus the rights of the individual and I am firmly on the side of the former. That potential thread could also present quite a challenge in keeping out of the Bear Pit !

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Sad to see this thread reduced to people complaining about why its in the bear pit when most of those people helped put it here.

It made a welcome change seeing views from sensible non radicalised Remain voters articulating their disillusionment with the EU whereas now we just have the usual suspects carrying on in the same old way.

"Sigh*

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Sad to see this thread reduced to people complaining about why its in the bear pit when most of those people helped put it here.

It made a welcome change seeing views from sensible non radicalised Remain voters articulating their disillusionment with the EU whereas now we just have the usual suspects carrying on in the same old way.

"Sigh*

I love the fact they seem completely oblivious to the fact that if the ceased to post many including me probably wouldn’t be so vociferous on all these threads [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think people are so heavily entrenched on the subject of the EU that they don’t see it in themselves. I include myself in that and go out of my way to try to avoid making posts that diminish the quality of debate and I try to show respect for other points of view. I probably don’t always succeed, but I try. I think a core of posters on both sides make no effort at all and seem to relish the division, the point scoring and the whataboutery. I guess that’s why we have a Bear Pit.
Definitely agree with that last point of yours and that is where the debate will head over the next few months as Western nations complete this round of vaccinations. Scaling up was not just last year’s EU problem. It will become an international issue as new variants appear and repeat vaccinations are needed across the globe. I also think there will be considerable debate over vaccine hesitancy/anti vaxxers. I heard on the radio this morning someone saying that some care home staff in the UK have refused the vaccine. A debate looms over the rights of the community versus the rights of the individual and I am firmly on the side of the former. That potential thread could also present quite a challenge in keeping out of the Bear Pit !

I don't believe it's the 'heavily entrenched' that is the problem. I think we have disagreed on far more things than we've ever agreed on, but I don't ever remember us insulting one another.

It is now impossible to have any serious debate on the Big Board as the same half dozen posters will always get threads relegated to the Bear Pit. I know, I've started a few serious threads, and like yourself, tried to keep then on track. But the exact same posters always manage to waylay them and then others, who really should know better join in. I am often very short and insulting to those exact posters because it can be frustrating that grown ups can't discuss anything in peace, but I keep this it to the Bear Pit.

I did think (as I'm sure you do) that it was because I was making simple valid points they couldn't answer and they didn't like,and the fact that their arguments didn't hold up to any scrutiny. But the fact that they have dragged threads you would think they would support into the Pit (Exhibit A - this thread) probably sums up their stupidity.

There are often reasonable conversations in the Bear pit, but only where the people having the discussion can be bothered to ignore the constant whining and pathetic trolling (Exhibit B).

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?343854-The-Brexit-Thread&p=9716970&viewfull=1#post9716970

And on it goes :facepalm:

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I love the fact they seem completely oblivious to the fact that if the ceased to post many including me probably wouldn’t be so vociferous on all these threads [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:laugh:

Yeah, that's why you behave the way you do.....other people :bowdown::lolol:

You are coming out with solid gold today, Chick. It's like a greatest hits tour. Thank you. Thank you.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

"Sigh*

And in the hour before the Bear Pit Exhibit C

I know .... the EU wants to lead on securing vaccine doses for its members thereby slowing down the ordering process then fails to secure enough doses to a specified timetable in a legally binding contract (undoubtedly costing lives), so it blames a company that has developed the vaccine selling it at cost to poorer nations, raids its offices, indulges in vaccine nationalism (threatening legally obtained UK supplies) and Trumpian rhetoric then moves to erect a hard border without consulting the Irish or Uk government .... amazed anyone is interested in this story at all.
giphy_s.gif

And we take the piss out of Palace for burning their own town down :facepalm:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here