Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Erik Midtgarden

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought Midtgarden was ok. Movement was very good, however not sure he actually has tremendous pace and was caught quite quickly when through on 1 ocassion. Took goal very well, but other shots were poor.

Would like to see him play a few more times.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Send him back now!

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 371

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
How does second tier norsk football compare with our league? Championship standard, L1, L2......10 in 30 isn't bad if the level he's at is equivalent or better.

As the resident Norway expert (Heja Norge!!);

Norway-flag.gif

I can tell you, the second tier of Norwegian football ranges from the often-reasonable relegated top tier sides (with large stadia, good set ups - and a very good scouting network) to Conference South/North standard set ups, often with worse facilities. I'd place the league somewhere around League 2 standard in English money.

Not sure how this could effect transfer fees, but the norsk kroner (NKR) has remainded very strong; any fee we agree will be in NKR as per the norsk FA (NFF) guidelines. This will make the price naturally higher than buying from a country using the weak Euro, and, as with everything in Norway, will be on the expensive side.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'd place the league somewhere around League 2 standard in English money.

Not sure how this could effect transfer fees, but the norsk kroner (NKR) has remainded very strong; any fee we agree will be in NKR as per the norsk FA (NFF) guidelines. This will make the price naturally higher than buying from a country using the weak Euro, and, as with everything in Norway, will be on the expensive side.

The talk on their web site is for a fee of around 200,000NKR which I make to be around £21K. Not too big a gamble as his wages are unlikely to be much higher than, say, someone in the development squad

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
I would NEVER even think of supporting those scum anyway. However, if we were talking about Brighton or England - it would be England every time.

This user is entitled to his views.. but on balance.. he is clearly a KNOB! That is all. :facepalm:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The talk on their web site is for a fee of around 200,000NKR which I make to be around £21K. Not too big a gamble as his wages are unlikely to be much higher than, say, someone in the development squad

I believe the fee will be considerably higher. If he was a real talent, his agent would be touting him all over Europe with a couple of zero's on the end. Such a low price implies either the club are in a dire financial position and HAVE to sell ASAP, or the player is not a key one for their club, which certainly means will not cut it in League One.

How great will it be though to finally have a NORGI in the stripes? :albion2:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
There's only one Erik Midtgarden on Facebook. His profile picture -

n709640426_6777.jpg

:laugh:

Least he's scrubbed up a bit from the pictures posted earlier.

:nono: I'm sorry , I can cope with the bitchfests , the absolute amount of drivel posted by idiots and even the casual racism that is on NSC

but posting Manc Shit pics is quite clearly worth a BAN

:goestocrytoBozzaaboutit:

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
And you are very clearly a complete wanker if you like Manure and not England!

Or are you aq f***ing Sweaty? In which case you should go and watch Celtic with the other Manure supporting jock scum!

You said Brighton, not Manchester United :facepalm:

Stumpy Tim

I believe the fee will be considerably higher. If he was a real talent, his agent would be touting him all over Europe with a couple of zero's on the end. Such a low price implies either the club are in a dire financial position and HAVE to sell ASAP, or the player is not a key one for their club, which certainly means will not cut it in League One.

How great will it be though to finally have a NORGI in the stripes? :albion2:

Or he has less than a year left on his contract and they want some kind of money. Which of course, is the correct answer

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
I thought he looked good... good enough that if we signed him i'd be chuffed...and surely at the price he'd come it's worth a Michael Poke! :p

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Or he has less than a year left on his contract and they want some kind of money. Which of course, is the correct answer

that's what their site says as he has already said he will not renew his deal.

there is one reference to "several hundred thousand (krone)" and one specifically to 200K which is just over 20K Sterling.

the videos seem to show the standard of the grounds there as being a cross between lower leagues here and a park football environment. Don't know the standard of the football so can't even guess whether his goalscoring record means anything. However if Gus has "seen something" in training and if he can produce that in friendlies I would have to think he might be worth a punt, even if it is to start out in the development squad

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
everyone's a frickin expert

45 mins , he's on trial . Lets see what Gus thinks.

The people clambering for his signing are nobs and the people slagging it are nobs

Come to think of it, you are all great big nobs

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Well Gus seems interested, good enough for me.
I cant't help thinking we are taking gambles in key areas again.Barnes is still a gamble.Holroyd isn't a league 1 player and this Viking chap is another gamble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here