Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Erik Midtgarden

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm just checking him out on Football Manager.

His best position is rated as right/left sided advanced winger, although also highly rated as a striker. So he would fit into a 4-5-1 well I guess if we wanted to play him out wide.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I'm a norwegian Brighton supporter and think I'm able to say something about the level. Haven't watched many Brighton matches, but I was over to see the one against Huddersfield last year, and I follow them on Sky (if possible).

I would say that the level in L1 is about the same as in norwegian second tier.

Unfortunately I haven't seen Midtgarden playing, but he was ranked seond on tema in the local newspaper last year, and ranked as number 1 among the fans last year. Most people was surprised that his team survived last year, and he contributed well. He has played 1 U-21 match for Norway some years ago, but seems to need a change to improve his career.

And. He's club Mjondalen has beaten Werder Bremen in the UEFA Cup at Weser Stadion. Back in the seveties, but still.....

Thanks for taking the time to post Iggy :thumbsup:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Could this shit about players nationality please piss off to another thread so we can actually discuss the player we're trialling???

just like to make one last comment
just how many of the German players who played us in the world cup were born in Germany?

and also this Nordic guy looks useful

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
so, will he be on the plane to Portugal on Monday?

His fee, if we sign him, is suggested at 200,000 krone or just over £20K sterling

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
so, will he be on the plane to Portugal on Monday?

His fee, if we sign him, is suggested at 200,000 krone or just over £20K sterling

If he signs and gets 10 goals above then i will laugh my head off. Would be great piece of business considering we still near enough have a full budget left.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Looked promising tonight - big, strong, held ball up well and took his goal superbly.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
From what you've seen, is he good enough ?

Difficult to tell really. I mean for the last 20 minutes he had no service. He did look good though. Maybe worth a gamble but would rather a proven goalscorer, but there isn't too many of them about.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
All you racist bellends can rest easy in your robes, his Grandad was English:

steptoe.gif

steptoeson.jpg

:thumbsup:

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Difficult to tell really. I mean for the last 20 minutes he had no service. He did look good though. Maybe worth a gamble but would rather a proven goalscorer, but there isn't too many of them about.

I guess Midtgarden only costs 20k so there is noreason why we can't take a gamble and still get another striker in.

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
If we can get Midtgarden on the cheap then I don't see why we shouldn't turn him down. Give him a few more games and if he impresses further I hope Gus makes the right choice.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
I guess Midtgarden only costs 20k so there is noreason why we can't take a gamble and still get another striker in.

If he is only 20k then I'd snap him up, ship Holroyd out on loan and then have Murray, Barnes, Midtgarden and another to choose from up front.

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
and pretty quick too, and not afraid to shoot from the edge of the box.

A very different player to Holroyd.

Worth another look, definitely.

We need a striker like this, one thats not afraid to try his luck from distance, Murray always seems to be the type of player who wants to get himself near the goal, but having a striker who's not afraid would benefit us massively.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I went to the game last night and as i've been out of touch with the papers/internet this week, i didn't know who he was until the players started shouting "Erik, Erik" when they wanted the ball.

Took his goal really well but blazed two other chances miles high out of the ground completely. Too early to tell if he is any good. Gus seemed pleased with him and congratulated him at the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here