Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Erik Midtgarden

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Gus does seem to be scratching about a bit,perhaps we havn't got a lot of money to splash.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
or perhaps there aren't many proven goalscorers around, especially given that Premiership/senior clubs here and abroad will pay massively inflated fees for even the sniff of someone able to put the ball in the net consistantly?

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Eric the Viking looks like Les Battersby...................FACT

He looked ok though.....good strike for goal

CSKA

Jul 13, 2010
This year have 11 games, plus one like sub and 5 goals (4 penaltys). Succes for him. No place for my friend Branimir. E-ehhh!

:bhasign:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I cant't help thinking we are taking gambles in key areas again.Barnes is still a gamble.Holroyd isn't a league 1 player and this Viking chap is another gamble.

A 20-30k aint a bad gamble though.

TB has probably put more than that on one of his horses or on a poker table.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
A 20-30k aint a bad gamble though.

TB has probably put more than that on one of his horses or on a poker table.

Quite, obviously you can't make much of a decision based on 45 minutes against a non league side but you have to start somewhere.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It's not quite as simple as that.

He's gonna need wages and a relocation package and somewhere to live!

The same applies for any player.

But if you sign a player for 20-30k to a club, chances are you won't be in a position to demand big wages.

And can't he stay at your place for a bit?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
QUOTE=227 BHA;3605380]No probs!

And if he promises to get 25 goals he can have a go on the Mrs![/QUOTE]

Echo thar.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Exactly!:amex:
Discrimination against player because they are not English is disgusting.

100% agree with your post and the one you were responding to...

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I'm a norwegian Brighton supporter and think I'm able to say something about the level. Haven't watched many Brighton matches, but I was over to see the one against Huddersfield last year, and I follow them on Sky (if possible).

I would say that the level in L1 is about the same as in norwegian second tier.

Unfortunately I haven't seen Midtgarden playing, but he was ranked seond on tema in the local newspaper last year, and ranked as number 1 among the fans last year. Most people was surprised that his team survived last year, and he contributed well. He has played 1 U-21 match for Norway some years ago, but seems to need a change to improve his career.

And. He's club Mjondalen has beaten Werder Bremen in the UEFA Cup at Weser Stadion. Back in the seveties, but still.....

I actually know a bit about this guy as he was tracked by a local Turkish team a while ago..... and they thought he had real potential. Based on what I know he is definately worth a punt and may turn out to be another little gold mine a la zamora... but with acne. May need time though.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
I actually know a bit about this guy as he was tracked by a local Turkish team a while ago..... and they thought he had real potential. Based on what I know he is definately worth a punt and may turn out to be another little gold mine a la zamora... but with acne. May need time though.

Yeah but you aint seen him play!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Yeah but you aint seen him play!

No, I havent but they had and this was Turkish superleague quality club (admittedly they got relegated), which is a higher standard than ours.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
doesnt look the type we need,but he played in a team today,hedoesnt know anyone,but they all know him,you get me

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

oh dear porky you are not very bright are you.... a relegated superleague side is about league 1 promotion standard at the very least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here