Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Team to Play Spain

justin

Feb 2, 2007
Brighton
what is mclaren playing at!! he may as well play himself!! if things dont turn out better! at least even sven picked a worthy team! :nono:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
If Defoe gets paid for playing football there is hope for aids dreams of becoming a pro

I thought he had a patch around Dukes Mound.

Defoe still being selected shows that with a few injuries how short the striking options are presently.

If Walcott gets more starts for the Goons that will help and if Preston come up, Nugent might surprise a few people.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
I thought he had a patch around Dukes Mound.

Defoe still being selected shows that with a few injuries how short the striking options are presently.

If Walcott gets more starts for the Goons that will help and if Preston come up, Nugent might surprise a few people.

I like the look of Nugent.

bring back B internationals I say.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
This is true, but apart from a shite air kick robbo has not done anything majorly stupid. (I am ready to be corrected as not seen last few games)

i just think he exaggerates alot of saves that i feel he could hold onto instead of putting them out for corners like he did sunday in which Vidic ended up scoring from...

still in the top 3 keepers in the England set up... but i feel the youngsters are definetly closing the gap and putting pressure on him for his position which is all good for English football...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
i just think he exaggerates alot of saves that i feel he could hold onto instead of putting them out for corners like he did sunday in which Vidic ended up scoring from...

still in the top 3 keepers in the England set up... but i feel the youngsters are definetly closing the gap and putting pressure on him for his position which is all good for English football...

He was going the wrong way for that save!

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:

hmmmmm ???

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
I like the look of Nugent.

bring back B internationals I say.

yeah agree Nugent is a good player...

Definetly needs to be playing in the Premiership sooner rather than later...

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:

also postionally he hasn't been great especially for the 2nd Arsenal goal in the 1st leg of the semi final...

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
Im his biggest critic, Thats why I said for England.

yeah can't remember a great deal of mistakes except for the blindingly obvious one...

then again don't remember that many fantastic saves that stand out except the Wales game at the Millenium stadium...

hes a good keeper but good to see him being put under pressure for his place...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
yeah can't remember a great deal of mistakes except for the blindingly obvious one...

then again don't remember that many fantastic saves that stand out except the Wales game at the Millenium stadium...

hes a good keeper but good to see him being put under pressure for his place...

How many shots does an England Keeper have to really make in a game?

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
How many shots does an England Keeper have to really make in a game?

point taken...

my point is im not convinced he is the best keeper in England and i think with the pressure being applied on him for his number one spot will begin to tell in time...

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Uncle Buck said:
I would have Woodgate rather than Terry. Not a John Terry fan and I feel Woodgate is a better player (when fit) technically.

Possibly, but chances of him being fit for any length of time?

Who would you have as captain?

E

enigma

Uncle Buck said:
I would have Woodgate rather than Terry. Not a John Terry fan and I feel Woodgate is a better player (when fit) technically.

Agree completely. Woodgate is more mobile, and better on the ball.

Terry is a very good player, especially at club level, but hasnt looked that good for England, where he hasn't got someone like Makelele protecting him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here