Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eng-er-land

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
People have to change their expectations. Any half decent side in Europe who defends well can come to Wembley and against a weakened attack come away with a point. It is going to happen. That's football. First points dropped at Wembley in 12 games. Not a disaster. We will easily do them at their place when they will have to attack

Half decent side ?....you must be joking....they are a poor side.
We should be confidently putting away sides like this on our home patch.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
People have to change their expectations. Any half decent side in Europe who defends well can come to Wembley and against a weakened attack come away with a point. It is going to happen. That's football. First points dropped at Wembley in 12 games. Not a disaster. We will easily do them at their place when they will have to attack

What do you mean a weakened attack?

Frankly if that is the best they can do they deserve everyone's boos.

I've seen Barry play 3 times now this season and he's been toilet each time.

Rooney was shit along with both Johnsons and Cole just kept kicking it straight out.

Poor really poor.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
No panic though.....when Terry and Lampard are fit he will let them stroll back into the side and move Gerrard to the left wing again....:thumbsup:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A bland game, but the weak links were old boy Barry and ultra-casual Rooney. Johnson had a bad game, but he's still a quality player who'll better the more he plays defensively.
Difficult to think of the superstars that Capello dropped to blame him for such a meagre performance. He's by far the best man for the job and i expect us to coast through from now on. Just have to hope we get some rising stars in the next 6 months or so to go with the likes of Wilshere.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I wonder if any of the boo-boys at Withdean on Saturday will have a re-think after watching that? How many times did Ferdinand wander forward with the ball and either (a) lose it, or (b) hoof it up to Crouch or Davies, who then lost it? Thank God that Gus has got a little more imagination than Capello.....

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Northstand - AMEX Stadium
Well that was the most boring football match i have watched in a long time, was well up for england dominating but didnt even get a goal, keeper was sloppy in first half but very good performance from him in the second half, joe hart didnt have much to do, defence is sloppy, we dont have a good enough striker to score goals for us, our midfield is pretty decent, but one thing that isnt decent is the manager, f*** off cappello

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
The only exception to my wrath tonight is Steven Gerrard. He was the only player to actually want it tonight, every other player was going in half heartedly on 50/50 balls. That's the thing that really annoys me, if you aren't going to put 100% in then don't f***ing bother at all.

Bunch of cnuts!!!!!

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Northstand - AMEX Stadium
The only exception to my wrath tonight is Steven Gerrard. He was the only player to actually want it tonight, every other player was going in half heartedly on 50/50 balls. That's the thing that really annoys me, if you aren't going to put 100% in then don't f***ing bother at all.

Bunch of cnuts!!!!!
Adam Johnson puts in the hours.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Congratulations Steven, you have been our Best player in the last 5 games in the middle of the park and probably saved my job....but Franks available now so you have to play left wing again...enjoy

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Adam Johnson puts in the hours.

Fair do's. He tried tonight but I don't think he had enough about him. Also Kevin Davies didn't do too bad when he came on.

I was really disappointed with

Rooney
Barry
Crouch
Cole
G Johnson
Young

in that order.

And Capello for not having a Plan B or C. Come to think of it his plan A was pretty shit tonight as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here