Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eng-er-land

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Plan A is pretty shit every game not just tonight. i.e hoof it to the big lump up front, be it Crouch, Heskey or Davies.

Yep no question. I like Crouch, he scores goals you cant argue with that. The problem when Crouch is in the team is that we seem to be one dimensional and think that just because we have a 6ft 7in bloke in the box we have no option than to hump aimless balls into the box.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well I'm glad I missed that, just got in.

I'll start paying an interest when the Premiership clubs (who we rely on for a world beating England team) and their fans start paying an interest too.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I agree the EPL is part of the problem, it is a maginificent league and the envy of the world but leaves our players jaded come the end of the season. Problem is are people willing to trade the product of the EPL for the sake of the national side who only play 6 or 7 times a year and a major tournament every other year.

You f***ing LOVE the "EPL" don't you - even more than the Albion it seems.

It is not "magnificent", it is utterly corporate (when we're talking top 4) and the only teams with any chance of winning it are Chelsea, Chelsea or Chelsea. In comparison, Brighton, Peterborough, Sheff Weds, Saints, Huddersfield, Charlton all have a chance of winning our league.

It also has extortionate ticket prices. I, for example, would not be able to afford a single ticket at Tottenham, whilst a Japanese student would - on a one off. It is FULL with foreign players (yes, I know we are one to talk but in general it is far more british in this league) and the wages are quite frankly LUDICROUS!

Hardly a league to envy, is it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If so, a great one! Still, my point stands.

So "if so" about it. Very clever poster, fooled me at first and will continue to fool others on here. If there is an art to posting on forums and winding people up, he is the genius.

Others have tried, but he is simply the master. Got a bit caught out a while back, but he's using a more subtle style.

Very cleverly highlights all the things that are wrong about modern football (and television), but is extremely positive about them.

My favourite poster on here by a mile. Lovely thing about it is that most people won't bother reading this and will continue to think his posts are real.

:bowdown:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not really. Montenegro has a population of 700,000.

So we should be losing to teams like USA.

:jester:

We should only be beating teams like Montenegro if we deserve to do so. A small nation does not necessarily mean they have a bad, cohesive unit with resolute defending, the ability to quieten strikers and attack when necessary.

A captain saying what he did speaks volumes.

Pre-match team talk.

"Don't worry bruvs. It is only some lidl European country next to...er...down in...in Europe. We're gunna smash 'em as we are Premier League bruvs. All we 'av to do is turn up. Yeah? Innit?"

We are dull and lacking invention and we have been for a long time. No manager is going to change that. The vast majority of our squad have their limitations and it is more evident when you are not playing a team such as Wigan and you are not surrounded by cool cookies from the continent.

Dr_Pepper

Oct 2, 2010
South England
To help the national side, they should do an actual league for the champions league, so the top 4 out of the premiership go into the champions league, so then more teams have a good chance of winning the premiership, and bringing in newer talent.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Only saw the second half but agree with the general sentiments on here that Barry and Johnson were terrible. Adam Johnson seems to be the only bright spark for England of late. Oh and Ashley Young is a diving twat.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You f***ing LOVE the "EPL" don't you - even more than the Albion it seems.

It is not "magnificent", it is utterly corporate (when we're talking top 4) and the only teams with any chance of winning it are Chelsea, Chelsea or Chelsea. In comparison, Brighton, Peterborough, Sheff Weds, Saints, Huddersfield, Charlton all have a chance of winning our league.

It also has extortionate ticket prices. I, for example, would not be able to afford a single ticket at Tottenham, whilst a Japanese student would - on a one off. It is FULL with foreign players (yes, I know we are one to talk but in general it is far more british in this league) and the wages are quite frankly LUDICROUS!

Hardly a league to envy, is it.

Spurs tickets start at 27 quid, how much are Brighton?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
So "if so" about it. Very clever poster, fooled me at first and will continue to fool others on here. If there is an art to posting on forums and winding people up, he is the genius.

Others have tried, but he is simply the master. Got a bit caught out a while back, but he's using a more subtle style.

Very cleverly highlights all the things that are wrong about modern football (and television), but is extremely positive about them.

My favourite poster on here by a mile. Lovely thing about it is that most people won't bother reading this and will continue to think his posts are real.

Absolutely this.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Different strokes and all that. You think very clever, I think repetitive and predictable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here