Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Emma in the final - official thread

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Well at least a few people have stayed behind in the stadium. Yanks really are classless oaves.

North Americans. I went to a Toronto Blue Jays baseball game some years ago - it was a cracking game, with a great comeback, but they lost at the last moment. As the ball came down, obviously to be caught - the stadium emptied amazingly rapidly. No applauding a brave fight and defeat. I was quite shocked.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
North Americans. I went to a Toronto Blue Jays baseball game some years ago - it was a cracking game, with a great comeback, but they lost at the last moment. As the ball came down, obviously to be caught - the stadium emptied amazingly rapidly. No applauding a brave fight and defeat. I was quite shocked.

Does not surprise me. I am pretty sure that the reception Naomi Osaka received when she beat Serena Williams was the start of the poor woman's struggles. The crowd were booing during the presentation because of some controversial call against Williams but Osaka took it to heart that they were booing her. It was dreadful.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Can't believe how partizan this crowd is. Notable that Leyla didn't congratulate her.

Couldn’t quite believe that so I wound the interview back to watch it again. She did congratulate Emma but in the briefest, most perfunctory way I can ever remember seeing in a post championship match interview. Hardly bursting with good grace. That, coupled with her time out histrionics, suggest she’s not the classiest sportsperson on the circuit.

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
You can't blame the yanks for leaving early.

They have to get to the burger bars to fill their fat bodies....!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Agree with all the comments about totally classless Americans, but the last thing Canadians would want is to be lumped in with the Yanks. And in my (fairly limited) experience they are far preferable for the most part.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agree with all the comments about totally classless Americans, but the last thing Canadians would want is to be lumped in with the Yanks. And in my (fairly limited) experience they are far preferable for the most part.

Lived theref or 4 years. 80% think the yanks are *****. 20% want to be yanks :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here