Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Emma in the final - official thread

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fernandez will seemingly win a load of Grand Slams but Emma could be the most successful British tennis player ever.

I picture titanic struggles between them in years to come, both so gifted and both fighters.

On this occasion Raducanu simply seemed so well prepared in every way, even managing genuine smiles between points, whilst Fernandez appeared to have the whole of Canada on her shoulders.

Edit:
Tony Bloom’s running the post match music.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Fernandez whinging to the match referee about the cut leg and the medical time out, sore looser

You can bet your life they're are going to bitch on about it!

As entertaining was the two stadium security guards trying to guide Radacanu back onto the court.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I don’t like tennis. I am fairly sure that is the first tennis match I’ve watched near enough all the way through.
Impressive is an understatement!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
One of the all-time great performances in British sporting history. Absolutely unbelievable achievement

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
That was very impressive, particularly how she performed under the high pressure points, reminds me of Samprass, not to take anything away from Raducanu's performance.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Can't believe how partizan this crowd is. Notable that Leyla didn't congratulate her.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The best thing to come out of Bromley since Siouxsie and the Banshees :moo:

Living, perhaps, David Bowie was from there. Although I don't think he played tennis.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
What a match - so well played by both Fernandez and Radacanu! Never thought that the next British Grand Slam winner would be a woman as the quality hasn't been as consistent recently but so happy for Radacanu!! Amazing to come through qualifying and go all the way through to win the US Open without dropping a set - so so good!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I still can't get over what an incredible match that was, and what an incredible achievement it is.

I remember so clearly when England won the rugby world cup in 2003. When Andy Murray won Wimbledon for the first time. This is one of those moments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here