Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Emma in the final - official thread

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You've got to love the power of sport to unite and overcome bigotry and prejudice ... Emma, great performance and thanks for rounding off a great sporting day [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What an incredible performance and maturity, surely a shoe in for SPOTY? Thought
Saka was a shoe in but not sure now.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Congratulations - what a fabulous tournament that young girl played,
First class - well done.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It's one of the greatest sporting achievements of all time. It sounds like hyperbole, but it's absolutely incredible. But it's like San Marino winning the World Cup without conceding a goal. All on one 18 year old girl's shoulders.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
The photographers have taken so long that Emma has now got a half empty stadium to parade the trophy around to

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Leicester winning the Premier League

Emma Raducanu winning a Grand Slam as a qualifier without conceding a set.

Can't decide which is more incredible?

I’m struggling with this too. I’ve flip flopped so much already, but I remember thinking after Leicester won the Prem that I would never witness a sporting shock on that magnitude. And yet it’s taken only 5 years.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
She has a teenage naivety about her, but can do that on a huge stage, with no real previous experience.
The thing I liked most was when she kept playing the same ball, like she was playing down the local park.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well......that was emotional :rave::rave::rave::eek::O:O:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here