Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elphick leaving

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Tunnicliffe can't get near the Bristol Rovers' side and since he was dropped they have shipped less goals. Same happened at MKDons last season.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Wouldn't do Tommy Elphick any harm at all to be taken out of his comfort zone and see if he sinks or swims on loan to another club. Same as most footballers have to do. Hopefully the days of the 'loyal servant' are coming to a close.

Gus said at the stsrt of the season nobody would be going on out loan!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously a change of thoughts either from Holroyd and Whing or Gus as to the best available option as it was most obvious they wouldnt improve our team. Hopefully Stevenage and Orient will want to buy them in January.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
When are people going to accept the fact that we have a proper squad now, with good players not getting in the team?! It doesn't mean they automatically want to leave. Elphick's not an idiot, he's been around the side long enough now to know that you don't play every game, and when the team is performing well you aren't going to get back in the side straight away. He'll bide his time, wait his chance and get on with it. He's not going to kick his toys out of the pram because he's missed a few games. If we were shipping goals, he'd be back in. He knows that Greer has been fantastic and El-Abd has been flawless for the vast majority of this season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:thumbsup:
When are people going to accept the fact that we have a proper squad now, with good players not getting in the team?! It doesn't mean they automatically want to leave. Elphick's not an idiot, he's been around the side long enough now to know that you don't play every game, and when the team is performing well you aren't going to get back in the side straight away. He'll bide his time, wait his chance and get on with it. He's not going to kick his toys out of the pram because he's missed a few games. If we were shipping goals, he'd be back in. He knows that Greer has been fantastic and El-Abd has been flawless for the vast majority of this season.

:thumbsup:
Spot on. Greer wasn't even in the team a month ago!

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
As defenders I don't think there is a lot to chose between Tommy and Adam, however, as for passing the ball out of defence, well Greer can do it reasonably well, Adam does it ok, but Tommy is not that great at all. That's why El-Abd and Greer are the first choices now.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
as for passing the ball out of defence, well Greer can do it reasonably well,

CHRIST, you are hard to please aren't you? If there is a centre back in a league one with a better range of passing than Gordon Greer than I will walk to Peru on my hands and knees. Did you see him against Exeter?!?!?!? He was dropping 30-40 yard passes onto the winger's toes. Simply different class.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
CHRIST, you are hard to please aren't you? If there is a centre back in a league one with a better range of passing than Gordon Greer than I will walk to Peru on my hands and knees. Did you see him against Exeter?!?!?!? He was dropping 30-40 yard passes onto the winger's toes. Simply different class.

Technically you would actually crawl to Peru on hands and knees but I get your point.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Technically you would actually crawl to Peru on hands and knees but I get your point.

Actually technically you couldn't crawl or walk to Peru from here at all, there's a large pond in the way.

Hard to please, Chesney, mmh maybe, but as I've only actually seen Greer play 4 or 5 games for us, I won't yet go as far as you. My point was just that he passes much better than Elphick and that's why he's in the team.

Yoda

English & European
Actually technically you couldn't crawl or walk to Peru from here at all, there's a large pond in the way.

Hard to please, Chesney, mmh maybe, but as I've only actually seen Greer play 4 or 5 games for us, I won't yet go as far as you. My point was just that he passes much better than Elphick and that's why he's in the team.

Technically, you could. Through the channel tunnel. Across mainland Europe, Russia. Across the Bering Straight when it's frozen in winter. Then down Alaska, Canada, America, Mexico, Latin America and on to Peru. :p

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

No it's not just about him passing the ball.He is very vocal,leads the line and is very composed.You obviously don't know much about Greer before he came to us and that's obvious.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
No it's not just about him passing the ball.He is very vocal,leads the line and is very composed.You obviously don't know much about Greer before he came to us and that's obvious.

For f*ck sake, this was never about Greer!!! He's my first choice centre-back! My original point was about why El-Abd was in the team ahead of Elphick. And no Algie, I didn't know much about Greer before this season, along with, I'd wager, most Albion fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here