Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elphick leaving

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am not suggesting that Poyet made the wrong decision to replace Elphick with Greer. I'm just saying I can see why Elphick may want to leave if he feels he has slipped down the pecking order below Dunk and El Abd as well having really not done anything wrong. To suggest he committed some heinous crime against Bournemouth is laughable.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He hasn't dropped below Dunk as he has appeared twice since that incident and been on the bench. Dunk hasn't.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
He hasn't dropped below Dunk as he has appeared twice since that incident and been on the bench. Dunk hasn't.

Elphick slipping below Dunk:facepalm:

Looks like Gus was RIGHT to drop Tommy as four clean sheets speaks for it'self.It doesn't make Elphick a bad player either.He now needs to raise his game further.Nothing more to it.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
If he throws his toys out of the pram there will only be one winner as Forster an experienced pro found out.
If you want an example as to how to perform for Gus look at Adam El Abd, hes worked hard and done everything thats asked of him, and proved the likes of me wrong in the process.

Dont whine perform, and the chance will come eventually.

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
I dismissed this when I saw it earlier as well.

Until.

A chap who I know not that well called round to pick his missus up tonight (she'd been round chinwagging with mine for the evening). He has a passing interest with the Albion, and apparently works with Elphicks mum. Word is, he's not happy at being dropped, has been largely ignored by Poyet since he's been out of the team, and spent most of last week lobbing the ball up to youth-teamers for them to practice headers. He wants out in January, and Leeds are sniffing.

I countered about him coming on for El Abd the other week etc, so is hardly out of the managers thoughts. But this guy shrugged and said all is not well (he's not an NSC-er). Dismiss if you like, but it has got me a bit worried as he has absolutely no reason to spin me a line, and having earlier seen this thread about it as well....

What is worrying is that my source....yes that one who knows a woman that works for the club...also said he was in talks with leeds

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How is that possible as I thought that he was under contract for another couple of years after we get to Falmer.

And what exactly does any contract mean in the football world ?

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
How is that possible as I thought that he was under contract for another couple of years after we get to Falmer.

Dont know, but remember how quick Poyet fell out with Forster, perhaps Gus has said he can go, i hope not as i think he was having a cracking season before being dropped

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dont know, but remember how quick Poyet fell out with Forster, perhaps Gus has said he can go, i hope not as i think he was having a cracking season before being dropped

Big difference though as Forster was going out of contract and seeking a two year one, however a contract mean f*** all these days.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Gives us more selling power as regards the fee etc.

Agreed but the way you said it was he is under contract so how could Leeds be talking to him, any club could be talking to him he wants out.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wouldn't do Tommy Elphick any harm at all to be taken out of his comfort zone and see if he sinks or swims on loan to another club. Same as most footballers have to do. Hopefully the days of the 'loyal servant' are coming to a close.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well I hate to say it but Greer is head and shoulders better than him, and El Abd and Dunk so if he goes he goes.

As THPP says that'll be Port Vale then.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That then comes under the terms of poaching. I know it happens but if it is public knowledge as a message board is if proved correct it would give us grounds for compensation for illegal poaching.

Some years ago a man called at John Marshall (Fulham players) house and asked him to buy some insurance and then told John at Fulham you earn X amount but if you was at BHA you would earn Y amount more, an obvious tap but Fulham complained and we won the day as the club said they knew nothing about it and didnt have anybody who sold insurance.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That then comes under the terms of poaching. I know it happens but if it is public knowledge as a message board is if proved correct it would give us grounds for compensation for illegal poaching.

Some years ago a man called at John Marshall (Fulham players) house and asked him to buy some insurance and then told John at Fulham you earn X amount but if you was at BHA you would earn Y amount more, an obvious tap but Fulham complained and we won the day as the club said they knew nothing about it and didnt have anybody who sold insurance.

Is it though ?

If a player wants to move on with the transfer window less than two months away his agent can put the word out.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As club captain why was Elphick dropped and not El Abd to partner Greer, who was always going to come back into the side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here