Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elphick leaving

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Dunk will prove to be a better player regardless.
Elphick is streets ahead of Dunk at the moment.I would be very suprised if he turned out better then Elphick.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
has been largely ignored by Poyet since he's been out of the team

Cant have been ignored that much, came on for el-abd when he went off injured and has been on the bench since greer got back in to the team. Now if he was sulking he would not be on the bench,look what gus did to forster when he threw his toys out of the pram!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think Dunk WILL turn out better than Elphick and play at the highest level, hopefully with us.

Incredibly assured defender for an 18 year old.

I reckon "as good as" rather then "better" but agree with the rest :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cant have been ignored that much, came on for el-abd when he went off injured and has been on the bench since greer got back in to the team. Now if he was sulking he would not be on the bench,look what gus did to forster when he threw his toys out of the pram!

Which is exactly what I countered with, but this guy was only saying what he'd been told by Elfs mum.

:shrug:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I think Dunk WILL turn out better than Elphick and play at the highest level, hopefully with us.

Incredibly assured defender for an 18 year old.

I wouldn't be so sure.When Lynch burst onto the scene he looked amazing.I still think hes a good player but was played in the wrong position by Adams
Lynch is the sort of player who Gus loves.A player who likes to move the ball out of the defence instead of lumping it and he had pace.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This appears to be very likely but will show Gus as a man manager or not as he has always said he wanted players to fight for their place. If not like McNulty,Tunniocliffe a loan would be envisaged, unless a club offers good money for Elphick that is too good to turn down.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If this did happen I wouldnt be against trying to get Lynch back to cover Painter and or El Abd/Greer. I think that he is a Poyet type player but not sure he has the Poyet type attitude.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Elphick did nothing wrong and got dropped, he is not gonna be 1st choice anytime soon it seems and with Dunk in the wings may well feel he can do better by moving on, maybe to a team not doing as well as us, but I guess 1st team football at somewhere like Orient is better than reserves at Brighton. I understand why he may want out and suggest this is gonna be a problem thoughout the squad ( see McNulty) as better players are not gonna happily kick their heels as reserves for a League 3 club imo.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Elphick did nothing wrong and got dropped,

Elphick was dropped after the handball incident against Bournemouth.
He has played twice since then, as sub for El-Abd and yesterday, so this rumour has little credence other than his Mum is whinging.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It never touched his hand! And it was outside the box, so how was that his fault!
He has admitted himself that it was his hand and the video shows that it was. Agreed that it was outside the area but it still led to a wrong decision by the officials.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
he should stop moaning and win hes place back

I think he is allowed to moan to his mum. I imagine she wakes him every morning by running around his bed and lowly pumping the air when his eyes open to gee him up for the day. He lightly applauds and gives out a yawnsome "come on".
His dropping has been a light kick in the teeth, but he'll know as a professional player and a fan that our clean sheets justifiably keep him out for now and a bit of hard graft to remove that one-blunder-a-match routine from his game will get him another chance.
It'd be a true shame if he did leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here