Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Abd

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
Why iz he such a scapegoat? He iz an 'andy player. His decent performances are ignored when he is prone to a mistake. He iz the Titus Bramble of League One. 'as he not been a decent player over the last few games?

I am not sure why someone would give 'im such a nasty reference when zey 'ave not seen ze tackle again.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
the bright side...with the slow lump Virgo hoofing the ball and players into the stands. What price another red card next week?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
we should start a book on who will get sent off in the next game and at what time

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Why iz he such a scapegoat? He iz an 'andy player. His decent performances are ignored when he is prone to a mistake. He iz the Titus Bramble of League One. 'as he not been a decent player over the last few games?

I am not sure why someone would give 'im such a nasty reference when zey 'ave not seen ze tackle again.

'e needs ze good 'it around ze noggin with the big knockwurst.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Well he was having a good game until the red card. I would certainly prefer him at right back instead of Whing or Virgo. Never thought I would hear myself say that.

Elphick on the other hand.........

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I feel we were worth a point anyway, so to have had 11 men I feel we would have got a draw at worst.

For me, if this club is going to achieve anything worthwhile it will have to be without El-Abd in the team. Unfortunately, you can add Kuipers to that list.

Both are committed but, unfortuntely, commit errors that lead to too many points being lost.

MK Dons today didn't really commit any bad errors, and although they are cheating scum they didn't have anyone in their side who looked like a liability.

Brutally frank & sadly bang on the wonga hon (imo). Sometimes I really hate facing up to the truth. :down:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
This thread is like it is because of the unpopularity of El Abd. If it had been Doug Loft (granted he probably wouldn't have tackled anyone) I doubt it would be so venomous.

Being side on and some distance away I didn't think it was a sending off. Others nearer (on here) think it was. We'll have to see if the ref rescinds it. A straight red is for serious foul play - but if he was going for the ball (foot up and outstretched maybe) and makes contact first then isn't it just foul play (bit like gbh and gbh with intent)? The intent is the question and perhaps the difference between red and yellow.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
El Abd is a terrible, terrible footballer and total moron to boot. How he's making a living as a professional I don't know. Thanks Adam, today's another game we can add to the long list of ones you've just thrown away over the years. They say a good keeper is worth 10 points over the season but this fucktard is worth -10. Ship him out to Lewes or someone asap.

and a minute later as if to prove my point!

Oh and another calamity from Michel today. Defence not looking happy with him for their goal. He should have claimed it

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just seen it on TV, deserved red

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Just seen it on TV (the tackle). What was he thinking about, going in with studs showing like that? I'll be amazed if the appeal is successful.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Behave - "another" calamity? He hasn't put a foot wrong all season. I make it 4 of our 9 points have been won as a direct result of Michel's brilliance.

And El Abd is terrible. You can dress it up how you want, play amateur psychologist all night, but the simple fact is it's not a witch hunt, it's people totally pissed off with paying good money to watch park level players.

Kuipers caught flat footed and flapping in the middle of nowhere does not constitute 'not putting a foot wrong'.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Irrelevant.

How is that irrelevent?

His boot wasn't high (knee high at worst), it certainly wasn't dangerous IMO, the Ref got it wrong.

As for slating El Abd and saying he is a liability obviously hasn't been watching him this season, he has done really well for us, solid in a much improved defensive unit, as well as providing the manager with someone who will give their all in whatever position he is asked to play in, (so far left back, right back and centre back) without looking out of place.

If he didn't get unjustly sent off in this match today, would he be getting this abuse? - NO, even the ref is willing to review it, thinking that it may have been harsh / wrong to send him off, which tells you alot about just what a joke decision it was to show him a red card.

Some people just look for any old excuse to have a go at our players whether its justified or not.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We'll have to see if the ref rescinds it. A straight red is for serious foul play - but if he was going for the ball (foot up and outstretched maybe) and makes contact first then isn't it just foul play (bit like gbh and gbh with intent)? The intent is the question and perhaps the difference between red and yellow.

No. A straight red is for what the ref sees as 'excessive force'. A yellow is for a 'reckless' challenge, and a simple free kick for a 'careless' one.

It is entirely irrelevant if he touches the ball first.

Basic requirements for a foul
The following conditions must be met for an offence to be considered a foul:
• it must be committed by a player
• it must occur on the field of play
• it must occur while the ball is in play

If the referee stops play due to an offence committed outside the field of play (when the ball is in play), play must be restarted with a dropped ball from the position of the ball when play was stopped, unless play was stopped inside the goal area, in which case the referee drops the ball on the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the point nearest to where the ball was located when play was stopped.

Careless, reckless, using excessive force
“Careless” means that the player has shown a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or that he acted without precaution.
• No further disciplinary sanction is needed if a foul is judged to be careless

“Reckless” means that the player has acted with complete disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, his opponent
• A player who plays in a reckless manner must be cautioned.

“Using excessive force” means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.
• A player who uses excessive force must be sent off.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Looked a bit harsh to me.

Quite how that was described as a two footed challenge is anyone's guess.

But more to the point, what the hell was Kuipers doing for their goal ? If anything was "non league" it was that.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here