Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Abd

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
I thought he was having a good game today and the sending off was harsh but i get the feeling that nobody wants to hear that.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
It was a red if it was the other way round and there player had not been sent of we would have been livid. A squad player but IMO a usefull squad player. :guns:

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
It was a little reckless, but apparently he got the ball first, and up until it he was having a good game. He never gets a settled position, and gets a lot of abuse which is uncalled for. He has had some really good games for us of late, arguably MoM games.

Ref said he would look at the DVD again. Ref had a shocker - clear handball for a penalty, and he never signalled any intent with any previous challenges, some of which never even got a talking to.

Big Ernie McCracken

Mar 9, 2009
It's not just about today, he adds nothing to the team whatsoever.

Scarcely a game goes past without an awful tackle or a suicidal backpass. He's Charlie Oatway without the football skill.

hang on what about the clearence in the 6 yard box, the one-two and shot every header won today:hammer:

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
If he scored with that chance he had before he got sent off, this thread would be a whole lot different i think. Hes not the most skillful player obviously, but he fill in a lot of different positions, and i think he is a really useful player to have. i hear people moaning all the time for players to put a tackle in, and el abd is deffo not afraid to do that. Even if every now and then he gets is wrong.

i say keep him.

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
Wasn't a red card, El-Abd is a useful player versatile and always puts in a shift. Thank f*** Tunni mistake wasn't costly as he would have been lambasted with doltish threads like these.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
It happened right in front of me in the north stand, and the sending off was fully justified.

El Abd went in high with studs showing.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm with Frutos, he is unskilled and he is a lump. His red card today was hilarious, but completely unneccessary. But that's how he is, he's committed and he's 100%. He saw a ball to win and he went for it in an incredibly inappropriate way, because he's not particularly good. I would say he's cost us today, which is a shame because he came very close to giving us the lead! :ohmy: I would have LOVED to see him score, I really would. But there you go, he's cost us today and for my money, he cost us the first goal and ultimately the game (harsh, but fair!) against Southend.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel we were worth a point anyway, so to have had 11 men I feel we would have got a draw at worst.

For me, if this club is going to achieve anything worthwhile it will have to be without El-Abd in the team. Unfortunately, you can add Kuipers to that list.

Both are committed but, unfortuntely, commit errors that lead to too many points being lost.

MK Dons today didn't really commit any bad errors, and although they are cheating scum they didn't have anyone in their side who looked like a liability.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
He has played 200 games for The Albion. It just shows how we have plummeted from those dizzy heights of winning championships. El Abd is a liability. I personally am counting the hours until his contract expires.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can't stand when fans clap off one of their players when they've got themselves sent off doing something stupid. They've let their team down.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
JI agreed with John Byrne on the radio. It was a sending off - studs up, minimum yllow and often a red. Its not just El A tho, Virgo cant tackle either and Elphick has been poor this season. What do they learn in training - clearly not how to tackle and playing football is all they do every day, and they still dont know the basics. Extra training for tackling practice I bloody hope

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
look on the bright side of it, he wont be playing in the next game, so there cant be any sucidal backpass or untimed tackle

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Up until he was sent off, I thought he was having a good game. Had two good efforts on goal (when was the last time a right back of ours did that!) and was unfortunate with the sending off. Whilst I can understand why the ref sent him off I think he genuinely went for the ball.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
look on the bright side of it, he wont be playing in the next game, so there cant be any sucidal backpass or untimed tackle

Isn't it three games for a straight red?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here