Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] EFL / Carabao Cup Fourth Round draw [Liverpool at home]

EFL / Carabao Cup Fourth Round - who do you want?

• Total voters

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Current cup holders at home: just hope we don’t play a complete B team, too.
This is my thought as well

I think I'm right in saying, that in the rounds so far, we've made 11 changes and 8 changes. I mean no disrespect, but I don't think a Webster, Igor, Moder type side is getting us through this round. We should go strong. Just rest Veltman and Dunk and go full on PL for the rest. Then who knows we might get through and we might draw, say Brentford, then some of the more fringe players might come back in. But I think we're past the stage where players who wouldn't normally make the matchday squad should be playing. Squad harmony is now secondary. Let's win a trophy

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Personally I think Liverpool are the best team in the country and will win the league.

But their fixture pile up gives us a chance

What we have to hope for is that 3 or 4 of their players go down in the coming weeks. They will have no choice but to protect what remains for the bigger trophies

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Personally I think Liverpool are the best team in the country and will win the league.

But their fixture pile up gives us a chance

What we have to hope for is that 3 or 4 of their players go down in the coming weeks. They will have no choice but to protect what remains for the bigger trophies
yet they just lost at home to Forest with a full strength team out ???

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Immediately following an international break. There were some strange results that weekend and on the whole the 'bigger' teams were below par (including us).
I've held this opinion for a while - you're better off playing one of the big 6 immediately after an international break.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I guess they won’t match the Arsenal Invincible then.

I think Liverpool look like the best team.

City will of course be good, but will be docked points (separate threads are available for detailed discussion)

Arsenal, I think aren’t all that. Grimly hanging on most weeks isn’t the action of a team with a champion mentality. They’ll finish below Chelsea, who have seriously put it together and I think will push Liverpool hardest.

Nobody else anywhere near

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Of course, unlike Liverpool, we don't have a midweek game in the week before or the week after.

That gives us a big advantage. If we did choose to go strong, in my view we'd be slight favourites

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I think we will go very close to full strength
I'm guessing Ferguson for Welbeck as Welbeck won't play 3 games in a week.
I'm expecting Steele for Bart (hope not if I'm honest)
Maybe Ferdi for Velts
Pedro will start if fit
But I think that will be about it

We can win this, I don't see Liverpool prioritising this one. It'll likely be a sell out too as it's half term week.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Weren’t Liverpool the holders when we knocked them out of the FA Cup a couple of years ago?

After getting almost entirely away draws over the last few years, we’re making up for it this season!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
A quick peak at their fixtures, they have an away champions league game in Germany the Wednesday before and then Arsenal away late Sunday afternoon. Then us midweek, us again at Weekend then a tough champions league game the next Tuesday v Leverkusen. He will have no choice but to play a B team whereas we can go strong. Won’t be easy but we won’t be playing anywhere near a full strength Liverpool team.
7 games in 21 days for the Reds, including European trips. Definitely not a draw I wanted for either teams. I would say that the bench the Reds had last night was far better than last season so baring a lot of injuries they should be competitive in all competitions. The home game against BHA will be the priority.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A great draw, I know a few Liverpool fans here in lyme and whilst they said we would be a tough fixture they are confident they will progress. We will have to be at or near our best but given they will be likely to make several changes we have a punchers chance at least and should be a big audience with a huger travelling Liverpool contingent.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
There are a lot of Liverpool fans from Steyning and in Sussex around my age, so it will be a very mixed audience

good draw and should be a good game. Weavil wynn . . .as we have done several times in recent years.

I just need to remember which lucky shirt I wore last time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here