Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EDL in Sheffield

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If I didn't I would lose my job, so expect I was forced in much the same way as those people in your article. And yes I am required to wear certain items of clothing as my school has a clothing policy.

Certain clothing, but not the Nihab or religious clothes i'd wager. In other words, despite your bravado, your job is more important than your beliefs or principals..fair enough.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So far you have shown me:

- a clumsy attempt by a Head Teacher to get students to attend a workshop on some unspecified religion.
- a load of parents who decided not to let their children lean about Islam and visit a mosque
- a Islamic school who are asking teachers to wear a headscarf because the covering of the head is important in Islamic religion.

To me they are:

- Two instances of people trying to educate others about religion.
- one uniform policy of an Islamic school asking teachers to follow the ideology of the school in which they are employed.

Please tell me the point you are trying to make again. Something about Drip drip?

Are you really so concerned about people learning about Islam? Are they suddenly going to become radical cleric spreading hate?

If it makes you feel any better I have watched a couple of documentaries about Muhammed and read a little about Islam and so far i am still an athiest and haven't strapped a bomb to myself and started screaming "Death to the West". I will let you know when this happens though as I haven't visited a Mosque yet.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Certain clothing, but not the Nihab or religious clothes i'd wager. In other words, despite your bravado, your job is more important than your beliefs or principals..fair enough.

Not really, I still get more than enough time to brainwash the Children into my left wing, bleeding heart, tree hugging principals.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If it makes you feel any better I have watched a couple of documentaries about Muhammed and read a little about Islam and so far i am still an athiest and haven't strapped a bomb to myself and started screaming "Death to the West". I will let you know when this happens though as I haven't visited a Mosque yet.

No problems with atheists to my knowledge and no strapping of bombs etc by atheists, so i can not see the point your making....except to state something we already know. Good for you an all atheists i say.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No problems with atheists to my knowledge and no strapping of bombs etc by atheists, so i can not see the point your making....except to state something we already know. Good for you an all atheists i say.

The point I was making is that I have managed to learn about Islam without becoming a radical. The gist of your argument seems to be that we shouldn't allow schools to teach children about Islam. I was pointing out that learning about Islam isn't as dangerous as you may think it is.

To be honest I have lost the thread of your arguments as they seem confused to me. Can we just clarify what you are trying to say point by point:

1.You think that there are radical Muslims in the UK and they are a problem. (I agree with this!)
2. You think that their is a drip drip system in place to Isalmify the whole of the UK and turn it into a Muslim state. - This is based on the facts that some of the radicals mentioned above would like this to happen and that schools are trying to teach kids about Islam.
3. There is a left wing conspiracy in place to facilitate the Islamification from point 2 which involves the media, Politicians and education system.
4 The EDL are the answer to stopping the above things happening

Have I missed anything out or misunderstood any of these points. I accept I may have attributed some of the ideas of the other people on this thread to you so would you mind clarifying what it is you are saying?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The point I was making is that I have managed to learn about Islam without becoming a radical. The gist of your argument seems to be that we shouldn't allow schools to teach children about Islam. I was pointing out that learning about Islam isn't as dangerous as you may think it is.

To be honest I have lost the thread of your arguments as they seem confused to me. Can we just clarify what you are trying to say point by point:

1.You think that there are radical Muslims in the UK and they are a problem. (I agree with this!)
2. You think that their is a drip drip system in place to Isalmify the whole of the UK and turn it into a Muslim state. - This is based on the facts that some of the radicals mentioned above would like this to happen and that schools are trying to teach kids about Islam.
3. There is a left wing conspiracy in place to facilitate the Islamification from point 2 which involves the media, Politicians and education system.
4 The EDL are the answer to stopping the above things happening

Have I missed anything out or misunderstood any of these points. I accept I may have attributed some of the ideas of the other people on this thread to you so would you mind clarifying what it is you are saying?

1) Correct
2) Near the mark, but there is a lot more going on that points to the pandering and implementing of Islam which is well in excess of what the majority and other religions can expect.
3) The left wing are definitely attributing to the problems and even encouraging it.
4) Of course the EDL are not the answer, nor will they be allowed/stop this happening. However, until the government or other groups actually speak out/act...then the EDL is better than nothing.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
1) Correct
2) Near the mark, but there is a lot more going on that points to the pandering and implementing of Islam which is well in excess of what the majority and other religions can expect.
3) The left wing are definitely attributing to the problems and even encouraging it.
4) Of course the EDL are not the answer, nor will they be allowed/stop this happening. However, until the government or other groups actually speak out/act...then the EDL is better than nothing.

So in regards to point two. What else do you have because to me the evidence you have provided so far is poor.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
So far you have shown me:

- a clumsy attempt by a Head Teacher to get students to attend a workshop on some unspecified religion.
- a load of parents who decided not to let their children lean about Islam and visit a mosque
- a Islamic school who are asking teachers to wear a headscarf because the covering of the head is important in Islamic religion.

To me they are:

- Two instances of people trying to educate others about religion.
- one uniform policy of an Islamic school asking teachers to follow the ideology of the school in which they are employed.

Please tell me the point you are trying to make again. Something about Drip drip?

Are you really so concerned about people learning about Islam? Are they suddenly going to become radical cleric spreading hate?

do you think its acceptable to force a poor inocent child in to any religion nevermind islam, especially when we know religion is the root cause of most conflicts & war. personally I think religion is better kept out of our schools, corrupting school kids minds with this kind of influential stuff aint right. leave it up to the kid what he wants to believe in when he's of an age when he can make decisions of his own.
another thing I disagree on (and there is absolutely nothing we can do to prevent it) is parents thrashing their own religion down their own kids throats & pretty much all religions are guilty of this.
its all part of the brainwashing process, take a child & fill his head with any kind of nonsence and eventually that poor child will believe it. very similar to what has happened to you bf.
teach our kids history yes but religion no. and certainly don't mess with kids brains influencing them on things what you think to be right when infact it might not be.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
So in regards to point two. What else do you have because to me the evidence you have provided so far is poor.

what more evedince do you need, the government has already stated there's hardly enough muslim mp's to represent muslims and more and more muslims are coming forward, the radicals although they are the minority of muslims believe they can win a war without actually being in a war, fill parliament with enough muslim mp's and eventually their day will come, its inevitable. scaremongering or not I don't want somebody saying to me "I warned you so" when its to f*cking late to do a dam thing about it !

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
do you think its acceptable to force a poor inocent child in to any religion nevermind islam especially when we know religion is the root cause of most conflicts & war. personally I think religion is better kept out of our schools, corrupting school kids minds with this kind of influential stuff aint right. leave it up to the kid what he wants to believe in when he's of an age when he can make decisions of his own.
another thing I disagree on (and there is absolutely nothing we can do to prevent it) is parents thrashing their own religion down their own kids throats & pretty much all religions are guilty of this.
its all part of the brainwashing process, take a child & fill his head with any kind of nonsence and eventually that poor child will believe it. very similar to what has happened to you bf.
teach our kids history yes but religion no. and certainly don't mess with kids brains influencing them on things what you think to be right when infact it might not be.

The articles we are discussion are nothing to do with forcing an innocent child into religion. They are about teaching a child that different people believe different things and what Islam is all about. I suspect the idea is not to indoctrinate people into Islam but to educate them about it. Perhaps you could tell me what is wrong with this? (leavning aside your paranoia about brainwashing) Don't forget the ignorant muppet who earlier on this thread revealed his confusion about god and Allah being the same thing, surely a little education for him would have been beneficial?

As for the rest of it, while i agree with your general point about religion in schools being left out and letting children make their own choices. However I think it would be far more beneficial to teach them about all religions and then let them make up their own minds. To me this seems like what was going on in the two articles.

What has happened to me? and why is it any different to what has happened to you?

Kids have a massive range of influences in their lifes and will make up their own minds eventually. Personally I won't apologise for instilling in my kids the things that I think are important in live and that will make them good, decent people. If they choose to go a different way then so be it. I will teach them what i think is right and wrong, just as I am sure you have done/will do with your kids, it's not brainwashing it is just being a parent.

Although currently my oldest boy is sitting in his Albion shirt watching the ashes and supporting England so maybe I am not doing such a bad job. :clap::clap:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
what more evedince do you need, the government has already stated there's hardly enough muslim mp's to represent muslims and more and more muslims are coming forward, the radicals although they are the minority of muslims believe they can win a war without actually being in a war, fill parliament with enough muslim mp's and eventually their day will come, its inevitable. scaremongering or not I don't want somebody saying to me "I warned you so" when its to f*cking late to do a dam thing about it !

!. I would like some evidence of what you are talking about can you provide evidence that the government have said there are not enough Muslim MPs to represent Muslims. Your word that the government has said this or that is not enough for me as people tend to twist things to suit their arguments.

2. From what you say here you are worried about parliament being full of Muslims. How many Muslims are there in Parliament? is the number increasing? What is the percentage of Muslims in the UK and how does that compare with the number of Muslims in parliament?

So as you asked I would need the evidence to answer the questions above in order to believe your statements. Otherwise, frankly you post is just the rambling of a misguided nutjob who is trying to justify his warped ideas by spouting nonsense.

Jan 30, 2008
Heard anything in the UK media about this.........thought not.
2cp22kz.jpg
maybe it's just not important enough :rant:
shocking if that's how the media want to play it ,i'm sure there will be some reporting on it WHY WOULDN'T THERE BE ???
regards
DR

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
maybe it's just not important enough :rant:
shocking if that's how the media want to play it ,i'm sure there will be some reporting on it WHY WOULDN'T THERE BE ???
regards
DR

There are plenty reporting on it if you type it into google. All the major UK media outlets seem to be carrying the story, all the Australian ones and a few others.

Still I understand your frustration, I felt the same about the way the media reported the Bradley Manning trial.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There are plenty reporting on it if you type it into google. All the major UK media outlets seem to be carrying the story, all the Australian ones and a few others.

Still I understand your frustration, I felt the same about the way the media reported the Bradley Manning trial.

No I take that back, just found it very hard to find any information about the adjournment. Even the Daily Mail is quiet on this.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Are you deliberately trying to be argumentative.
As you do not follow Islam, why would you turn from a moderate into a radical. What is your point, because this is weak.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

We are not in a classroom and i am not one of your young pupils. I provide evidence i see as fit, in fact that is all you and Dave ask for, when provided you just twist it or ignore it, but provide precious little yourselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here