Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EDL in Sheffield

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Your choice I suppose but when Tommy Johnson can now see that insulting all Muslims and behaving like racist drunken thugs is not going top help your cause I am surprised that you can't.

Maybe the Quilliam group would be a better group to join with. Especially as this would encourage moderate Muslims to help fight extremism.

IF you want the support of ordinary UK folk, the answer is defiantly not the EDL.

I suppose Tommy Johnson is a sort of Boogie Man.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Your choice I suppose but when Tommy Johnson can now see that insulting all Muslims and behaving like racist drunken thugs is not going top help your cause I am surprised that you can't.

Maybe the Quilliam group would be a better group to join with. Especially as this would encourage moderate Muslims to help fight extremism.

IF you want the support of ordinary UK folk, the answer is defiantly not the EDL.

but the ordinary uk folk do not want to make a stand against extremism, which is why the edl started in the first place.
the ordinary uk folk are just content to moan about it in a pub, they agree with the cause fully but aren't prepared to make a stand because they think eventually the problem will just go away..or much closer to the point,, HOPE the problem will go away. but we know in reality it wont, its only going to get worse.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
but the ordinary uk folk do not want to make a stand against extremism, which is why the edl started in the first place.
the ordinary uk folk are just content to moan about it in a pub, they agree with the cause fully but aren't prepared to make a stand because they think eventually the problem will just go away..or much closer to the point,, HOPE the problem will go away. but we know in reality it wont, its only going to get worse.

One thing that is for certain is that the EDL et al will not help to get rod of radical Islam. What they will do is make it worse my indistinctly threatening, insulting attacking and marginalising moderate Muslims and driving them into the arms of radical Islam.

The EDL are perpetuating the them and us myth that the radicals prey on and are playing the part of the westerners that hate Islam. The radicals need someone to fight against and the EDL are the ignorant gullible idiots who are providing this.

The fight against radical Islam would be far far more powerful without the likes of the EDL spreading misinformation and lies.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

It could get worse.
37 percent of young British Muslims want Sharia law in Britain.
36 percent of young British Muslims think apostates should be killed.
13 percent of young British Muslims said they "admired" Al Qaeda.
The stats for older British Muslims are much better. Maybe the young will ditch their fascist views as they grow up. Or maybe, disturbingly, the young show what the British Muslims of the future will look like.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It could get worse.
The stats for older British Muslims are much better. Maybe the young will ditch their fascist views as they grow up. Or maybe, disturbingly, the young show what the British Muslims of the future will look like.

Maybe if they didn't see "patriots" insulting them and their religion and attcacking them young British Muslims wouldn't hold these views.

Once again though you are posting statisitics without links or citation and making your point from them so who knows what misinformation you are peddling.

http://my.telegraph.co.uk/danielpycock/danpycock/956/

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It could get worse.

63 % of young British Muslims don't want Sharia Law in Britain
64 % of young British Muslims don't think apostates should be killed
87 % of young British Muslims don't admire Al Qaeda

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
One thing that is for certain is that the EDL et al will not help to get rod of radical Islam. What they will do is make it worse my indistinctly threatening, insulting attacking and marginalising moderate Muslims and driving them into the arms of radical Islam.

The EDL are perpetuating the them and us myth that the radicals prey on and are playing the part of the westerners that hate Islam. The radicals need someone to fight against and the EDL are the ignorant gullible idiots who are providing this.

The fight against radical Islam would be far far more powerful without the likes of the EDL spreading misinformation and lies.

ive met many edl.. & yes there are a fair few who are nothing but mindless idiots, but at the same time there are also a few amongst that lot who know their stuff & what exactly they are fighting for, none of who are what you describe them as, very pleasant chappies infact who feel passionate about their country and would like the government to sit up and listen for a change. surely no harm in that.
you can never wait for the man on the street to get off his backside, that'll be to late, the damage would of already been done by then.
what are they supposed to do, do what the rest of the population are doing..**** all and watch their country fold, its like giving the green light to the poloticians to self distruct.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
From those stats it certainly looks like the radicals are getting their claws into young Muslims.

The EDL and right wing violent morons really have to take their share of the blame.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Maybe if they didn't see "patriots" insulting them and their religion and attcacking them young British Muslims wouldn't hold these views.

Once again though you are posting statisitics without links or citation and making your point from them so who knows what misinformation you are peddling.

Did you read the piece before you put it up?
here are some rather worrying trends. The first is that young Muslims hold much more extremist views than Muslims over the age of 24 (perhaps this is a maturity issue but I think it goes deeper). The second is the extent of support and sympathy with terrorism, terrorists and the approval of subsequent atrocities. The third is how susceptible Muslims seem to be to conspiracy theory – preferable to blaming the tenets of their theology. The last is the complete denial over the necessity for Islam to go through the same textual criticism, verse abrogation and scrutiny that every other religion seems to have done.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
ive met many edl.. & yes there are a fair few who are nothing but mindless idiots, but at the same time there are also a few amongst that lot who know their stuff & what exactly they are fighting for, none of who are what you describe them as, very pleasant chappies infact who feel passionate about their country and would like the government to sit up and listen for a change. surely no harm in that.
you can never wait for the man on the street to get off his backside, that'll be to late, the damage would of already been done by then.
what are they supposed to do, do what the rest of the population are doing..**** all and watch their country fold, its like giving the green light to the poloticians to self distruct.

Well until those 'pleasant chappies' do what Tommy Johnson :)lolol:) did and distance them selves from the 'fair few mindless idiots' they are doing more harm than good. and they are not going to get the support of normal people.

Like it or not, this is the face of the EDL, Not Tommy Robinson, not the pleasant chappies you know and not those that can distinguish between radicals and moderates but this mindless moron.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Blimey, iv'e just looked at your countries views and polls on the subject. Maybe you should worry about your own countryman's views......jeez.
http://www.news.com.au/national/were-a-land-of-racists-survey-shows/story-e6frfkvr-1226010436251

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well until those 'pleasant chappies' do what Tommy Johnson :)lolol:) did and distance them selves from the 'fair few mindless idiots' they are doing more harm than good. and they are not going to get the support of normal people.

Like it or not, this is the face of the EDL, Not Tommy Robinson, not the pleasant chappies you know and not those that can distinguish between radicals and moderates but this mindless moron.

Has this fellow killed or bombed any Muslims, has he butchered a soldier.........is he more dangerous than Anjem Choudary and co.........just an idiot, a harmless idiot.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
From those stats it certainly looks like the radicals are getting their claws into young Muslims.

The EDL and right wing violent morons really have to take their share of the blame.

Why should the EDL take the blame. Are they in the mosques (as seen on C4 Dispatches) teaching and spouting bile......are they handing out leaflets.....are they in some dodgy schools that teach and preach vile stuff...........are they standing and supporting Choudary and his mob.........No i think not.
The causes could be stopped if the government grew a back bone and spoke out.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Where as we are condemned for less eh.......:rolleyes:

According to the survey, racist hotspots in Australia tended to be in areas that had economic hardship, recent immigration and below-average education levels.

This part says it all really, I suspect judging from the quotes from the person who carried out the survey e.g

“An important finding of the Challenging Racism Project is that Australians are in large part secure with cultural difference. However, there are still pockets of the country that hold on to ‘old-fashioned’ racist views,” the report states.

“About 87 per cent of Australians say that they see cultural diversity as a good thing for society … and about 86 per cent say they want something done about racism. So that tells me that multiculturalism has worked.”

that the stats that Newscorp have decided to highlight don't tell the whole story, I haven't read the study so I don't know.

Not to say we don't have our fair share of simple minded racist idiots (we even have the ADL now) but I am not sure it is any worse than anywhere else.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why should the EDL take the blame. Are they in the mosques (as seen on C4 Dispatches) teaching and spouting bile......are they handing out leaflets.....are they in some dodgy schools that teach and preach vile stuff...........are they standing and supporting Choudary and his mob.........No i think not.
The causes could be stopped if the government grew a back bone and spoke out.

Are they insulting and attacking young innocent Muslims. Watch Tommy Robinson's press conference from the Quilliam foundation , the Muslim blokes states clearly than he turned to radical Islam after being beaten up by right wing morons. Do you really think he is the only one?

You ask why it is happening. Well here is someone who has been there and done it telling you why it happens.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
According to the survey, racist hotspots in Australia tended to be in areas that had economic hardship, recent immigration and below-average education levels.

This part says it all really, I suspect judging from the quotes from the person who carried out the survey e.g

that the stats that Newscorp have decided to highlight don't tell the whole story, I haven't read the study so I don't know.

Not to say we don't have our fair share of simple minded racist idiots (we even have the ADL now) but I am not sure it is any worse than anywhere else.

Seeing as you seem to know all about our views etc. It was interesting to look at the population and religions of where you live. No chance of any radicals in Geelong then..........
Interesting reading.
The median/average age of the Geelong population is 40 years of age, 3 years above the Australian average.

73.1% of people living in Geelong were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were England 3.2%, Italy 2.3%, Malaysia 1.5%, India 1.4%, China 1.2%.

79.2% of people speak English as their first language 3.2% Italian, 1.7% Mandarin, 1.3% Greek, 0.7% Croatian, 0.5% Hindi.

The religious make up of Geelong is 30.6% Catholic, 24.1% No Religion, 12.1% Anglican, 5.1% Uniting Church, 3.1% Presbyterian and Reformed.

Night night.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here