Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Eastbourne Borough v Albion - Official Thread**

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Does this sound about right?

Painter didn't play, Calderon needs quite a few more games to get back to full fitness and find his touch again while Greer and Elphick only played together for the second time?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm not sure why some of us are making excuses, sorry expatriations for our pre season performances. The fact is that we obviously have several experts on here who have a far better knowledge of the game than our current management.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Gus seems happy. He's trying new things, looking at new players. When he says "MY GOD we're f***ed" then i'll listen. If he's happy with how players are looking during pre-season then s'all good.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Early pre-season training is running oneself into the ground during the week. I would imagine that energy levels are low. Plus, we have quite a few new bodies, so they will be familiarising themselves with each other.

Don't panic.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Some folk on NSC will be spewing out the same crap in September when we are not winning games that it doesn't matter. Well sorry if BHA are playing tiddlywinks then I expect them to win.

Unfortunately, you have a point. We can't afford to start this season as badly as we have done the last few. I don't think we will but it would be nice to have a few wins under the belt before we take on Swindon.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The league games are the ones that count , pre season friendlies are only a training exercise to evaluate who will be in the 1st team. Gus will whip the team into shape and not take the Slade approach of letting the squad have time to gel.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Calde looked way of pace,but understandable,kish was a plus for me,good goal,and tbh still has some pace,something our no 8 hasnt,as for the viking couldnt do a lot,although had a chance when bennett pulled back.Eastbourne played ok,although a patch in the 1st have bha just knocked it around and would say they didnt touch it for a good 5 mins.Eastbournes striker in the 2nd half was a torres lookalike.Pre season is just that,and im sure with the added decent striker and winger we deffo need ,we will be up the right half.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Some thoughts on the game, after all I was there.

Decent enough first half with usual gale blowing straight down the ground in our favour. Borough conceded posession, we kept the ball well without doing much with it. Well worked first goal though, beautiful strike by Battipiedi.

In the second half Borough hoofed the ball with the wind into the channels, putting us on the back foot.Two sloppy goals and Borough seemed to want it more, but Kishishev pops up with a cracker. Gus brings on the kids, you can forget about the rest.

PLUSSES:

Battipiedi: great strike for the goal, excellent on the ball and not scared of a tackle. Good prospect

James Smith at left back: size of Coxy which is a concern but a lot of ability, pases the ball well and reads the game well.

Kishishev: Experienced and committed, good addition to squad.

MINUSSES:

Poke: not filled me with confidence on that showing

OVERALL:

Not worried but not much threat up front as yet. Decent workout, beaten by a full strenght team who eanted it more.

Calde looked way of pace,but understandable,kish was a plus for me,good goal,and tbh still has some pace,something our no 8 hasnt,as for the viking couldnt do a lot,although had a chance when bennett pulled back.Eastbourne played ok,although a patch in the 1st have bha just knocked it around and would say they didnt touch it for a good 5 mins.Eastbournes striker in the 2nd half was a torres lookalike.Pre season is just that,and im sure with the added decent striker and winger we deffo need ,we will be up the right half.

Who was our number 8 then?

PS don't know why i quoted the other post.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Navarro no8,didnt say it,as the doom mongers would be on to me straight away???

No worries.Personally and i've said this before i don't rate him. If you want a mid table finish then Nav is fine but we want to be challenging at the top.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
mate,i was one of his critics,but he won me over on his performances last year,but as you say,he is average at best,only knows sideways,kish on the other looked much better,and some old geezer behind me kept on shouting tackle him hes a old man,well navarro looked older than kish,very keen to attack space and drove into it,and has the class to hold it too,i was impressed but hey its onlt eastbourne,in gus we trust

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Spot on!

Some folk on NSC will be spewing out the same crap in September when we are not winning games that it doesn't matter. Well sorry if BHA are playing tiddlywinks then I expect them to win.

Sort it out Gus

No they won't, they will not have a poor start. How daft are you to expect them to win after training for 12 hours a day every day? They're going to be the fittest, most exciting Albion team ever. Please go to moan somewhere else.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
I think it's fairly good idea
Walker's young and Poke couldn't even get on Southamptons bench :shrug:

He could of got on the Southampton bench but he wanted to play first team football so he went to Torquay. Not every team puts a keeper on the bench you know.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
He could of got on the Southampton bench but he wanted to play first team football so he went to Torquay. Not every team puts a keeper on the bench you know.

But they DID have a keeper on the bench it just wasn't him, it was that Polish fella.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
mate,i was one of his critics,but he won me over on his performances last year,but as you say,he is average at best,only knows sideways,kish on the other looked much better,and some old geezer behind me kept on shouting tackle him hes a old man,well navarro looked older than kish,very keen to attack space and drove into it,and has the class to hold it too,i was impressed but hey its onlt eastbourne,in gus we trust

Why do people think Navarro "only knows sideways"? He hit some of our best long forward passes last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here