Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Eastbourne Borough v Albion - Official Thread**

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
No they won't, they will not have a poor start. How daft are you to expect them to win after training for 12 hours a day every day? They're going to be the fittest, most exciting Albion team ever. Please go to moan somewhere else.

12 hours a day? :laugh: pillock

That means they are training at 6am to finish at 6pm.Since they had a match at 3pm then that means they would start training at 2am and then get over to Eastbourne.

:wanker:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
12 hours a day? :laugh: pillock

That means they are training at 6am to finish at 6pm.Since they had a match at 3pm then that means they would start training at 2am and then get over to Eastbourne.

:wanker:

So a mild exagerration makes me a wanker? Whereas people slating the team they're supposed to support for no reason are cool with you? Right, ok then. :facepalm:

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
But how do you know? when have you ever seen him play ?:dunce:

I unlike some am not going to lie about seeing him play because i know i haven't but he is obviously good because if Kelvin Davis wasn't at the club he would be Southamptons number 1.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
So a mild exagerration makes me a wanker? Whereas people slating the team they're supposed to support for no reason are cool with you? Right, ok then. :facepalm:

That my point, you exaggerate your point to make it sound more plausible.

Sadly you never put much thought into it. Oh and smiley deserved.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
I unlike some am not going to lie about seeing him play because i know i haven't but he is obviously good because if Kelvin Davis wasn't at the club he would be Southamptons number 1.

That doesn't make him good, just because he's Davis' understudy does it?
How can you know he will "be most teams number 1" if you've never seen him play?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Doesn't sound great on either from what people are saying but I remember going to a friendly at Stevenage a few years ago where we lost 1-0 and had a triallist called Darren Currie who had a poor game. I assumed that this would be the last I saw of him in an Albion shirt and was surprised when he signed. The rest is history so it is often hard to tell from a one off game.

Yep I was at that game and it's influenced the way I view all pre-season friendlies.

Currie looked liked a lump of lard and I was astonished we were looking at him. Just got turned down by Cheltenham I think ?

However, just near the end of the game decided to put in a sublime cross into the box. You then saw what Brighton had seen in him.

Come the start of the season he had lost all the weight.

The only point in going to a pre-season game is to have a few beers and meet up with some mates. I usually end up walking around the ground rather than really watching the game.

Anything who thinks anything else about the importance of the result of a pre-season friendly needs their head examined.

It must be very frustrating for the players and management that fans actually turn up and spout bollocks about them on here. I suspect they'd much prefer for them to be played behind closed doors.

For next season anyone wanting to go needs to remember a few points:

1) The game will be rubbish.

2) The opposing non league players will appear to the only ones trying on the basis that someone from our side may spot them.

3) The non league club will charge over the odds to make a bit of money.

4) The second half will consist of fringe/young players to give them a bit of a run out.

IT'S THE SAME EVERY SEASON !

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I'm not sure why some of us are making excuses, sorry expatriations for our pre season performances. The fact is that we obviously have several experts on here who have a far better knowledge of the game than our current management.

Glad to confirm that your not one of them.

This stage of preseason is all about fitness, do you think that prior to a league game the players take part in a long training session based on running on the day of the match? or for most of the weeks training too?

Do you think that during the season the manager will use the games to assess any trialists we may have and experiment with tactics and formations or would you prefer that to be done before hand when results don't actually matter?

Do you think that during a season that the manager would experiment with youth players, make wholesale changes to the starting line ups or not play what he considers his strongest team?

Do you think that preseason results count in any way towards our points total at the end of the season?

The friendlies are just training tools, they are also a way for some of our small local teams to earn a bit of cash to enable them to survive (if you were unaware, a non-league team usually has to rely on the chairman and board to put thousands of pounds in each season for the club to make ends meet, the friendlies against teams like us help to fill their coffers and make their future a bit more viable)

essex seagull

Nov 2, 2008
essex
Result didnt matter what did impress me was how good some of the youth players were having never seen them before there were four in particular looked outstanding nos 6 8 4 and the replacement left back

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
That doesn't make him good, just because he's Davis' understudy does it?
How can you know he will "be most teams number 1" if you've never seen him play?

The same reason you think Sergio Torres could play for alot of clubs at league one level :shrug:

Let's split the board in two. Those that think BHA will win every league game based on blind optimism & in the unlikely event of a defeat it is because the players have been training 25 hours a day, or there was a daft referee decision or we were robbed &

those who have a sense of reality & expect the Albion first team & second string to beat the likes of Whitehawk, Bognor, Eastbourne & all quite comfortably without pithy excuses & realise that we are at least 3 players away from being play off contenders at best!!

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
As an Eastbourne Boro supporter I hope you dont mind me passing some comments on the game.For most of the first half I thought Albion played some attrective football considering they are not used to the hurricane that blows at Priory Lane.Main problem seemed to be severe lack of a goal scoring forward,Boro keeper didnt have much to do.Was very impressed with Battipiedi who scored a very good goal. When he gets fit I think he will be a good signing. Player who impressed me most was Kishishev,fantastic fitness for his age, supurb goal and generally looked a clas above everone else on the pitch Re Poke in goal, not the best performance I have seen from him but having seen him play several times in the past couple of seasons he is normally avery good reliable keeper,nothing like Smith from last year.
I still think my bet on Albion to go up is a good one, good luck for this season.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Great to see Eastbourne stay up last season.My local team Crawley have to be one of the favorites to go up.
I support all sussex sides.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Spot on!

Some folk on NSC will be spewing out the same crap in September when we are not winning games that it doesn't matter. Well sorry if BHA are playing tiddlywinks then I expect them to win.

How many times in the past have we said come Easter, if only we hadnt dropped points in September against, a team that is in relegation trouble, but if Gus learns something from the defeats then I will accept it.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
Yep I was at that game and it's influenced the way I view all pre-season friendlies.

Currie looked liked a lump of lard and I was astonished we were looking at him. Just got turned down by Cheltenham I think ?

However, just near the end of the game decided to put in a sublime cross into the box. You then saw what Brighton had seen in him.

Come the start of the season he had lost all the weight.

The only point in going to a pre-season game is to have a few beers and meet up with some mates. I usually end up walking around the ground rather than really watching the game.

Anything who thinks anything else about the importance of the result of a pre-season friendly needs their head examined.

It must be very frustrating for the players and management that fans actually turn up and spout bollocks about them on here. I suspect they'd much prefer for them to be played behind closed doors.

For next season anyone wanting to go needs to remember a few points:

1) The game will be rubbish.

2) The opposing non league players will appear to the only ones trying on the basis that someone from our side may spot them.

3) The non league club will charge over the odds to make a bit of money.

4) The second half will consist of fringe/young players to give them a bit of a run out.

IT'S THE SAME EVERY SEASON !

Remember Billeracay a few years ago?! Nil nil to the albion echoed around their arena at full time!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Let's split the board in two. Those that think BHA will win every league game based on blind optimism & in the unlikely event of a defeat it is because the players have been training 25 hours a day, or there was a daft referee decision or we were robbed &

those who have a sense of reality & expect the Albion first team & second string to beat the likes of Whitehawk, Bognor, Eastbourne & all quite comfortably without pithy excuses & realise that we are at least 3 players away from being play off contenders at best!!

We clearly have a better squad than last year and I have no doubt we'll be challenging for the playoffs. I don't see how you can fail to see this and you're bonkers calling it blind optimism. Anyone who was at the game yesterday could plainly see that, as Gus said, it was being used as a training exercise with each player trying to pass it to all of the others on the field and trying out various. Winning wasn't even really the object of the game. To call an expectation for playoffs blind optimism when we've signed the captain from last seasons playoff finalists, excellent midfielders and possibly the two best full backs in the league (one of whom didn't play yesterday and the other being in the recovery process), is frankly madness... and we KNOW we are still looking to sign another striker and lualua.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Glad to confirm that your not one of them.

This stage of preseason is all about fitness, do you think that prior to a league game the players take part in a long training session based on running on the day of the match? or for most of the weeks training too?

Do you think that during the season the manager will use the games to assess any trialists we may have and experiment with tactics and formations or would you prefer that to be done before hand when results don't actually matter?

Do you think that during a season that the manager would experiment with youth players, make wholesale changes to the starting line ups or not play what he considers his strongest team?

Do you think that preseason results count in any way towards our points total at the end of the season?

The friendlies are just training tools, they are also a way for some of our small local teams to earn a bit of cash to enable them to survive (if you were unaware, a non-league team usually has to rely on the chairman and board to put thousands of pounds in each season for the club to make ends meet, the friendlies against teams like us help to fill their coffers and make their future a bit more viable)

You muppet, that was what I was implying. There are people moaning about early season friendly results as though they have a bearing on the actual season, those are the 'experts' I was referring to.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Actually it needs to be split into three, just so that you can have a place to moan to your heart's content and the rest of us won't have to troll through your incessant shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here