Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East stand renamed The Marie Celeste

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I would bet my mortgage on the fact that the North Stand was not "Full up" at 90 minutes. I see people leaving early from there every game (same as every stand), so why should last night be any different?

loads of empty seats from my seat in WSU bloody JCL's in there.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
have you ever tried standing up when people stand up in the rows infront of you - it means you can see, its actually quite remarkable.

Wow, I can't think why that didn't occur to me.........oh hang on, I remember now, it's because of those people behind me that also want to see and are already shouting for everyone to sit down. Tbh I would happily stand the whole game but can't :-(

Jul 15, 2011
Lewwwwwwes
Fair enough, leave when you want, of course it's up to you, but don't expect me to stand up and miss some of the game to let you out of your seat, or stay calm when a whole row in front of me stands up to let people out :angry:

When you selected your seat why did you not elect for one in the middle of a row? Stands to reason if it obviously bothers you so much.

Last edited:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Wow, I can't think why that didn't occur to me.........oh hang on, I remember now, it's because of those people behind me that also want to see and are already shouting for everyone to sit down. Tbh I would happily stand the whole game but can't :-(

Tell em to bugger off - its how it works people stand up infront you stand up people behind you stand up etc - if they dont like it tough.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Because it's a bit shit seeing the stadium half empty when we're desperately trying to lift the team to get a winning goal. Just makes it seem like a lot of people don't really give a shit, that's all.

Well they obviously do give a shit otherwise they wouldn't be there in the first place. Evening kick off, kids have school next day, shite transport system, shite weather....you can't blame em really.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Vic_Bob_Handbags_RE_Triple_Combo-s383x269-56957-580.jpg

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
Tell em to bugger off - its how it works people stand up infront you stand up people behind you stand up etc - if they dont like it tough.

Thats a fair point, will see how far I get next home game with it, as you say it's tough, we all just want to watch what is happening.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Left after the final whistle in the North Std and clapped the team off.
Stayed for a pint.
Rain had stopped.
Two buses came at once. Straight on.
Home in 2o mins.
No complaints.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
To be honest, I leave when best suits me. Quite frankly I really don't care whether the "we're better fans than you" bunch approve of not. (Incidentally, I do always stay to the end but always try to move towards to empty seats behind me for a quick getaway).

The ground will never be full at 90 minutes. I absolutely guarantee that irrespective of the gravity of the situation, be it the last moments of a play-off match at 1-1 or beating Palace 5-0 at home, people will leave.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
This has always happened,but it's not so obvious in terraced stadiums

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Our commute for a home game is just over 400 miles. Not much point leaving early when the only difference it makes is getting in at 2am instead of 5 past! The guy next to us left after 73 minutes. He lives in Brighton. Bad fan? Well he went to Watford and Millwall and is going to Derby so I would say not. Just reacting to his frustration at consecutive ineffective performances. Fair enough but we are still playing better football than we ever have........ And he missed the goal :)

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Never really understood what it's got to do with anyone else what time you leave. If leaving 5 or 10 mins early is the difference of getting home in 20 mins or getting home in 2 hours, i know what my choice would be.

Can't see why people get so uptight about it, it's sod all to do with anyone else.

As much as I personally disagree with leaving early, this is spot on

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If you are in the West stand, you can always see people leaving from the other three stands, but cant see them leaving your own. Likewise people in in the East can see the West emptying.
Its a bit like the stupid "We're the North Stand" chant, last year I was in the Upper West and we always followed it. Now im in the Upper East, it is followed over here, but if you
look at the Upper West, they are standing and singing it at the same time. The upper East can only hear their version, whilst the upper West can only hear theirs. In act they are both singing their stand at the same time, drop it, cringworthy.
As for suggesting that, with 10 mins to go, and chasing a winner, the the Albion players are watching the stands emptying, pathetic, I think they have other things on their mind.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I spoke to the club earlier and they're thinking about getting some drapes attached to the roof of the east upper that drop to the floor encasing the whole east stand on the 85th minute on these drapes will be painted Albion fans like they had at highbury when the north bank was being built to make it look like the stand is full with some fan chants coming out of the speakers in the east to act as a 12th man right up until the 95th minute

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Well done west upper H block last night singing relentlessly for the whole second half trying to keep an atmos going and acting as the 12th man didn't see many leaving either till the end

West upper H block I salute you :clap:

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I got the ground at 6.15 - had 3 pints and a very nice burger, left my seat at the final whistle, had two further pints , walked straight on to the park and ride bus at 10.30
Is anyone remotely interested?

Yes, what car are you driving so that I can stay out of your way after a game :)

Well done west upper H block last night singing relentlessly for the whole second half trying to keep an atmos going and acting as the 12th man didn't see many leaving either till the end

West upper H block I salute you :clap:

I applaud you for staying til the end but if you spend the last 10 minutes watching what the WSU are up to you're as likely to miss a goal as someone sitting on the S bus

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here