Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East stand renamed The Marie Celeste

Exactly. We left on 88 mins because we have a 9 year old who was knackered after a day at school & then 2 hours of Albion training afterwards, and a babysitter looking after our 6 year old (who normally comes to all the matches but has a stinking cold at the moment) We wanted to get back quick so she could get home herself at a sensible hour. We never leave early on Saturday games, but will do it on a midweek game if its necessary (even though we dont like to)
....if we go 2 minutes early to make sure we get the first P&R.... SO WHAT??

your post has totally lost me, I mean, who has the cold? the babysitter or your six year old? you can't leave it like this

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Never really understood what it's got to do with anyone else what time you leave. If leaving 5 or 10 mins early is the difference of getting home in 20 mins or getting home in 2 hours, i know what my choice would be.

Can't see why people get so uptight about it, it's sod all to do with anyone else.

Because it's a bit shit seeing the stadium half empty when we're desperately trying to lift the team to get a winning goal. Just makes it seem like a lot of people don't really give a shit, that's all.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I can understand why some leave a few minutes early to make sure of being on the first train/P7R buses, especially if they have an early start the next morning or small kids (though never done it myself).

What I can't understand is the behaviour of the guy who sits a few rows in front of me. Every match he arrives about 5/10 minutes after kick-off and disappears about 5 minutes before half time. ON the odd occasion I have left at half time for a piss there he is on the concourse, pint in hand. He then reappears about 5/10 minutes into the second half. At the end he usually leaves around the 85 minute mark and when we leave there he is again on the concourse about 2/3 of the way through his post-match pint. OK, it's up to him how he enjoys his season ticket but personally I don't get it

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That's utter tosh. How many of us had work today???? I don't recall leaving the Goldstone early simply because I had to go to school the next morning.

More nonsense from namby pamby over protective parentes IMHO.

Utter tosh? Really? You know all about my family situation then do you? Or the difference in my child in relation to the amount of sleep he gets?

With all due respect, you are – I presume – a grown adult, and my eldest son who comes with me is eight. I would argue that he probably needs more sleep than you, and it would benefit him to get home at, say 10:30pm, rather than close to midnight. If that means leaving before the masses to make one of the first S buses, then that's fine by me.

For the record we normally stay until the end but, as I mentioned, due to illness, on Saturday we ducked out early. I don't see the problem. Yes it would be great to have all stands full until the end, but that just doesn't happen. I feel sorry for you that you get put out by "namby pamby over-protective (sic(I put the hyphen in for you)) parentes (sic - again)" who think of other people than themselves.

Should people apologise then they go out to the toilet for a few minutes during the game? Or go and get a drink or food? And what about when the teams are warming up? Maybe a full capacity at that point could make all the difference between winning and losing.

Good for you for not leaving the Goldstone early - give yourself a gold star. All I was trying to do was to highlight why the East stand probably gets more "early leavers" than any other one. Get over yourself, pal...

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
When I see people leaving early to me it just deomonstrates a lack of care about the final result of the game, and if the players spot the fans leaving early it's got to be harder for them to get motivation to find that winning goal or play to the whistle, surely? I have and never will leave before the final whistle, not only for the above reason but because I feel I want value for money from my ST. I train to & from the stadium every game, getting wet and standing in a queue all comes as part of the supporting the team imho so to leave early to get home slightly earlier to me doesn't compute. It's also very annoying to have to stand up to let people out of their seats at 85 mins all the time, most of just want to concentrate on the game that is still going on, so I now mutter to all that pass me & comment about leaving early, with quips like "it was hardly worth coming was it?" etc.
Get behind the club, get behind the players, get wet & soaked standing in a queue to get home for them. They are running around a pitch for 95 mins getting soaked (last night) for our entertainment, the favour should be returned by their fans. Just my opinion.

When I see people leaving early to me it just deomonstrates a lack of care about the final result of the game, and if the players spot the fans leaving early it's got to be harder for them to get motivation to find that winning goal or play to the whistle, surely? I have and never will leave before the final whistle, not only for the above reason but because I feel I want value for money from my ST. I train to & from the stadium every game, getting wet and standing in a queue all comes as part of the supporting the team imho so to leave early to get home slightly earlier to me doesn't compute. It's also very annoying to have to stand up to let people out of their seats at 85 mins all the time, most of just want to concentrate on the game that is still going on, so I now mutter to all that pass me & comment about leaving early, with quips like "it was hardly worth coming was it?" etc.
Get behind the club, get behind the players, get wet & soaked standing in a queue to get home for them. They are running around a pitch for 95 mins getting soaked (last night) for our entertainment, the favour should be returned by their fans. Just my opinion.
WE ARE ESU WE LEAVE WHEN WE WANT:moo:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Never really understood what it's got to do with anyone else what time you leave. If leaving 5 or 10 mins early is the difference of getting home in 20 mins or getting home in 2 hours, i know what my choice would be.

Can't see why people get so uptight about it, it's sod all to do with anyone else.

I complete agree with you.

I got the ground at 6.15 - had 3 pints and a very nice burger, left my seat at the final whistle, had two further pints , walked straight on to the park and ride bus at 10.30
Is anyone remotely interested?

Let people do what they want they bought a ticket they can leave when they want.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
People pay for their tickets so they can leave when the bloody hell they want to - it happens at every single stadium in the world (probably).

Never get why people have such a problem with it. Id of thought the players would understand as well why some leave slightly early - so that argument can be dropped.

D

Deleted member 22389

The freedom to cycle to the Amex is fantastic, master of your own destiny and all that. Obviously not everyone is in a position to do so due to geographical reasons, or physical ability, but if I was driving in from miles away I'd have a bike/s on the back of the car, park up somewhere within cycling distance of the stadium - Brighton/Lewes etc. get the bikes off and cycle the rest of the way. I would have thought more families would consider cycling on Saturdays if the weather's alright, you do sometimes see a few kids at the bike racks, but it's mostly adults (and men at that) without kids.

Not only that but you get a bit exercise as well. More people should look at this idea.

It takes me about 20 mins to get Lewes in the car, and then 35 mins to Falmer at a very easy pace.

On the way home it takes me about 20 mins as its slightly down hill to Lewes and then 20 mins in the car.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
Fair enough, leave when you want, of course it's up to you, but don't expect me to stand up and miss some of the game to let you out of your seat, or stay calm when a whole row in front of me stands up to let people out :angry:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Because it's a bit shit seeing the stadium half empty when we're desperately trying to lift the team to get a winning goal. Just makes it seem like a lot of people don't really give a shit, that's all.

Yep there are alot of people that dont give a shit - we have gone from crowds of 7k to 25k in 24 months - there is your answer. I am not critical in any way of people who are new supporters or old supporters that leave early - its a fact and happens at the majority of football grounds regardless of the game situation. People will always want to beat the rush.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Fair enough, leave when you want, of course it's up to you, but don't expect me to stand up and miss some of the game to let you out of your seat, or stay calm when a whole row in front of me stands up to let people out :angry:

have you ever tried standing up when people stand up in the rows infront of you - it means you can see, its actually quite remarkable.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
that would be the North Stand then...

I would bet my mortgage on the fact that the North Stand was not "Full up" at 90 minutes. I see people leaving early from there every game (same as every stand), so why should last night be any different?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here