Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
36.6 Beer to Mustard, no run
36.5 Beer to Mustard, no run
36.4 Beer to Mustard, no run
36.3 Beer to Mustard, no run
36.2 Beer to Mustard, no run
36.1 Beer to Mustard, no run

Cricinfo is making me very thirsty. And hungry.

When's Onions coming on?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Rayner's taken 8 Surrey wickets (and caught the other two). Maybe we should have been a little more patient

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Rayner's taken 8 Surrey wickets (and caught the other two). Maybe we should have been a little more patient

He got a ton a couple of weeks ago too. I said then that a good finish could see him on a plane to Australia - I wouldn't rule it out.

On the other hand, it was Surrey...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It looks like Durham have seen the weather forecast.

268/8 declared

Sussex 4/1
Wells is out.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The current rules - play a decisive Championship match with five players missing due to them being good - does make the competition a bit of a farce, doesn't it?

It's been like that since there has been an England cricket team, only in the last decade or so England players are contracted to England, so clubs do know exactly where they stand at the start of a season. Before central contracts, counties just had players taken out at a drop of a hat at their expense effectively. At least now, other than the odd surprise selection, Counties know the England fixtures and know which of their players has a central contract.

In reality an England player appearing for you during the season should be seen as a bonus and not a critical part of your plans.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The current rules - play a decisive Championship match with five players missing due to them being good - does make the competition a bit of a farce, doesn't it?

Joyce, Wright and Jordan are missing because they are good.

Machan is missing because he is Scottish.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

It does make it a farce, especially as Prior and Jordan are NOT playing. At least Wright, Joyce and Machan have been selected. I'm afraid it does make a mockery of what should be regarded as the premier domestic competition.

having said that we'd have lost anyway.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It does make it a farce, especially as Prior and Jordan are NOT playing. At least Wright, Joyce and Machan have been selected. I'm afraid it does make a mockery of what should be regarded as the premier domestic competition.

having said that we'd have lost anyway.

Why is it a farce, we'd have known at the start of the season pretty much that this would be the case.

Every Championship in history has had counties with players missing on International duty. You may as well say the entire history of county cricket is a mockery!!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

It's a bit wierd they couldn't have moved the odi's forward a day or the cc matches back. Especially as there was a week between this CC match and the previous

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
29-1 off 9. Chances of batting this out for a draw...?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Why is it a farce, we'd have known at the start of the season pretty much that this would be the case.

Every Championship in history has had counties with players missing on International duty. You may as well say the entire history of county cricket is a mockery!!

You thought at the start of the season that we'd lose Jordan - now kicking his heels - on the whim of England selectors? You can honestly say Sussex saw that coming? Or that Prior would be unavailable, despite not being an England ODI player?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You thought at the start of the season that we'd lose Jordan - now kicking his heels - on the whim of England selectors? You can honestly say Sussex saw that coming? Or that Prior would be unavailable, despite not being an England ODI player?

2 ridiculous situations...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Losing Wright, Prior and Joyce for large parts of the season is to be expected. However the selection of Jordan and to not play him is farcical. Fair enough if they wanted to try him out against Ireland and give him a debut, no-one would begrudge him that, but to have him kicking his heels when could be playing in a top of the table clash is a mockery.

Also Prior has not been selected for the current limit overs series, Sussex should at least have the option of selecting him for a vital game which the need to win to have a chance winning the title.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Losing Wright, Prior and Joyce for large parts of the season is to be expected. However the selection of Jordan and to not play him is farcical. Fair enough if they wanted to try him out against Ireland and give him a debut, no-one would begrudge him that, but to have him kicking his heels when could be playing in a top of the table clash is a mockery.

Also Prior has not been selected for the current limit overs series, Sussex should at least have the option of selecting him for a vital game which the need to win to have a chance winning the title.

I'm surprised by Prior actually, would have thought a few knocks is exactly what he needs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here