Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Duplicate accounts

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't understand why these types of questions are asked when the majority view is ignored because the moderators generally want to keep things the way they are anyway. Like the poll and discussions regarding away fans taking the piss for example.

That's not the case at all. The bulk of opinion on that thread was that persistent piss-takers should receive more aggressive moderating action regardless of their colours - Albion or otherwise. Those views have been taken on board and acted upon ever since.

In fact it is because of that very example that I've not just posted a poll here, as it soon became clear that the poll question there was not the right question and had a conversation like this happened first, a better targeted question could have been asked. Regardless, that thread/poll has made a difference to moderating behaviour, the complete opposite to what you are inferring.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I can't think of any reason for having a duplicate account, other than mischief making. If you can't say what you want in your 'normal' account, then perhaps you shouldn't be saying it at all.
In saying that Sid and Charles were funny at times.

Surreal BHA

Jul 11, 2010
Since starting watching the GULLS at the Amex Depot my Pop (that's DAD to you guys) has told me it can get very confusing on here. Sometimes you win and you bitch the players, and sometimes you lose and bitch the players.

If there is more than one of you bitching with themselves then it gets even more confusing.

Hey guys, when are you introducing some CHILLI DOGS and TACOS to the Amex Depot food roster?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I don't understand why these types of questions are asked when the majority view is ignored because the moderators generally want to keep things the way they are anyway. Like the poll and discussions regarding away fans taking the piss for example.

Agree with you on this.

Have asked about 'naming and shaming' them, but as I suspect this will include at least one moderator, I doubt they have the balls.

Duplicate 'wind-up' accounts have often been created to take the piss and having done so....can they take it as well as give it , if their niks are revealed....?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Is this the poll where 3% of people with an active account voted in favour of it?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Is this the poll where 3% of people with an active account voted in favour of it?

I think you,ll find that the Government was voted in with less than 100% participating.......but we still got the Government that received the most votes (Cons and LibDems). 100% of us now live by the Government rules. If you didn't vote......that's your fault. Everyone had the opportunity.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Having more than one account is like cheating on the Mrs, you will be found out eventually, and you know it's just plain naughty.

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think you,ll find that the Government was voted in with less than 100% participating.......but we still got the Government that received the most votes (Cons and LibDems). 100% of us now live by the Government rules. If you didn't vote......that's your fault. Everyone had the opportunity.

I think you will find that I voted Lib Dem specifically to prevent the Etonians taking over, and then Nick 'Turncoat' Clegg was giving Cameron a nosh before you could say 'There is no will of the people'.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I think you will find that I voted Lib Dem specifically to prevent the Etonians taking over, and then Nick 'Turncoat' Clegg was giving Cameron a nosh before you could say 'There is no will of the people'.

So....you voted for Clegg to act on your behalf....or did you think he was going to ask your personal opinion..(and act on it) on all the decisions he was obviously going to have to make over the next 4/5 years...?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So....you voted for Clegg to act on your behalf....or did you think he was going to ask your personal opinion..(and act on it) on all the decisions he was obviously going to have to make over the next 4/5 years...?

I voted Lib Dem because I thought that their manifesto was the least worst, especially with regard to the wars and tuition fees. I have regular correspondence with my Lib Dem MP Mark Hunter, but these days I just call him Ma

rool

Jul 10, 2003
That's not the case at all. The bulk of opinion on that thread was that persistent piss-takers should receive more aggressive moderating action regardless of their colours - Albion or otherwise. Those views have been taken on board and acted upon ever since.

In fact it is because of that very example that I've not just posted a poll here, as it soon became clear that the poll question there was not the right question and had a conversation like this happened first, a better targeted question could have been asked. Regardless, that thread/poll has made a difference to moderating behaviour, the complete opposite to what you are inferring.

Fair enough, sorry for the incorrect inferrence.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fair enough, sorry for the incorrect inferrence.

S'ok though. There were a few learning points from that particular episode including making sure that when anything is put out to poll, we make it explicitly clear what may happen based on the result, stuff like...

- The decision of the majority will be taken and adhered too.
- As this represents a fundamental change to the site, a vote of 70% will be required to implement a change.
- This poll is just being asked to gauge opinion and does not necessarily mean a change will be made.

etc etc

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
No you didn't.

Dont lie.

Oh and questioning the mods behaviour as they where, or some of them, using multiple accounts. Ive done a search for that thread but its not there.

Got accused of spouting conspiracy theories when in fact a mod is using more than one account and its suddenly dawned on some it has nefarious applications.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here