Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Duplicate accounts

It depends on how people use (or mis-use) their duplicate accounts.

I must have about five accounts here. I don't use any of them to cause trouble. Apart from the one in my real name, obviously.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Don't get it why ?

It allows people to post 'in character'. It is often a regular poster who has little more to do with their sad empty lives than amuse themselves by pretending to be another type of person be it a wannabe hooligan (London Pompous), wannabe lover of Dean Wilkins (Bhadebenhams), wannabe steward (can't remember the name), or wannabe local planner (Lord Bracknell).

As always, it is the context that should be the issue, not whether a person has two or more accounts.

Used as a vehicle to spout bigotry will result in a banning, used as a vehicle for nonentities to post spoof comments is no worse than a third rate Private Eye column.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It allows people to post 'in character'. It is often a regular poster who has little more to do with their sad empty lives than amuse themselves by pretending to be another type of person be it a wannabe hooligan (London Pompous), wannabe lover of Dean Wilkins (Bhadebenhams), wannabe steward (can't remember the name), or wannabe local planner (Lord Bracknell).

As always, it is the context that should be the issue, not whether a person has two or more accounts.

Used as a vehicle to spout bigotry will result in a banning, used as a vehicle for nonentities to post spoof comments is no worse than a third rate Private Eye column.

Fair enough, well explained.
I don't have enough time to have a persona ! :lol:
Until this thread i did not realise posters were able to have more than one account.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
To be fair, I think you got banned for 'constant sniping' if I remember correctly.

And generally being a cock.

Constant sniping and being a cock are not detailed points and only fair in your delusional mind.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
If you can't suss out that London Pompous and Bhadebenhams are SPOOF accounts then you need your bumps felt. That is not a nefarious application.

Next you will be telling us that KaiWayne, NotTheBigSam and NotGusPoyet should be banned on Twitter.

I repeat, you were not banned for discussing the merits of more than one account, you were banned for boring the pants off people with your right wing gibberish, having a go at Bozza, and never saying anything about the football.

You first point isn't relevant as I agree and understand the distinction. If I remember correctly, and i do, i was having a go at e77 asking him to justify multiple accounts.

I do occaissionally mention football but I tend to use NSC to gain info rather than dispence it. Is that against the rules?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
What are people's views on how moderators should handle duplicate accounts on NSC?

Let's be clear: if a user has been previously banned for persistent abuse and they re-register they will be banned again as soon as their identity is known. They may keep below the radar for a while, but sooner or later something usually triggers an investigation into the specifics of their account.

This is more about when someone registers another account and uses it instead of, or as well as, their primary account. Common reasons might be...

- Mischief making
- Wanting to express some more extreme views than they are comfortable doing so with their main account
- Wanting a 'clean start', thereby informally abandoning their previous account and starting again.

As moderators we have the ability to merge multiple accounts together and can also block or delete an account if required.

I'm not going to make this a poll as a simple black/white rule might not apply, based on the particular circumstances.

Well, whadayafink?

Evan (defrocked Priest) opened a second account as Seagull64 and posted nothing but pictures did he not? That was quite funny.

Didn't another regular poster open a different account to openly talk about his depression for the first time?

Anyone who deserves to be banned, should be banned. But only if they repeating do stuff worth banning them for. People can make mistakes, and should be able to attempt to atone. Persistent offenders should be permanently banned.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
This. Bozza just said as much, having got pissed off with his total absence of Albion posts and "constant sniping" at mods. Good on him. Quite a few people had had enough of looney's general gimpishness by then.

Constant sniping? It was one thread.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I would have been away for 8 months anyway, crawling Back? lol go and do one.

I have tried Lager and am not that keen on it. Now I don't repeatedly go up to a bar and order lager then complain that the lager isn't very nice.

If you don't like something and you are not enjoying it, consider not doing it.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I have tried Lager and am not that keen on it. Now I don't repeatedly go up to a bar and order lager then complain that the lager isn't very nice.

If you don't like something and you are not enjoying it, consider not doing it.

I understand the analogy but the application of it just leaves me baffled.

Are you saying if I dont like sock puppets dont use them? I dont have a sock on here atm.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I understand the analogy but the application of it just leaves me baffled.

Are you saying if I dont like sock puppets dont use them? I dont have a sock on here atm.

If it was just duplicate accounts it wouldn't be a problem but you have tended to complain to the point of paranoia about anything the mods do or don't do.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
If it was just duplicate accounts it wouldn't be a problem but you have tended to complain to the point of paranoia about anything the mods do or don't do.

I think that was the only time I was being serious or do you think I honestly believe mods are evil facist scum?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I think that was the only time I was being serious or do you think I honestly believe mods are evil facist scum?

I think you just like pushing the boundaries, a few years ago there were far less boundaries on NSC then there is today, I doubt you liked that, it didnt test you, you are not a person to just sit there and be a keyboard warrior, you enjoy pushing the boundaries.

I don't know you in real life, clearly I have had issues with you on here, this prompted me to ask someone (in real life, and don't bother asking me because I won't say) if they knew you, they did, their description of you is clearly nothing like you behave on here, which I completely believed.

As I say, you like to push the boundaries, in my opinion you only do it on here purely because you care nothing for NSC, unlike the vast majority of members on here, and you don't care to much who's enjoyment you ruin on here, but in real life I really do think it is completly differant, in real life I do believe you care alot.

On here I care not a lot about you or your thoughts, In real life I probably would.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I can't for the like understand the need for two accounts per person unless I suppose a shared family PC ?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I think you just like pushing the boundaries, a few years ago there were far less boundaries on NSC then there is today, I doubt you liked that, it didnt test you, you are not a person to just sit there and be a keyboard warrior, you enjoy pushing the boundaries.

I don't know you in real life, clearly I have had issues with you on here, this prompted me to ask someone (in real life, and don't bother asking me because I won't say) if they knew you, they did, their description of you is clearly nothing like you behave on here, which I completely believed.

As I say, you like to push the boundaries, in my opinion you only do it on here purely because you care nothing for NSC, unlike the vast majority of members on here, and you don't care to much who's enjoyment you ruin on here, but in real life I really do think it is completly differant, in real life I do believe you care alot.

On here I care not a lot about you or your thoughts, In real life I probably would.

I care that there is an open forum for fans, I may not care for all the posters. As for ruining peoples enjoymet its a case of one mans meat is anothers poison.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here