Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Duplicate accounts

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Think I can guess who this is about...

This isn't about anyone in particular. If you're alluding to the current stickie, that account could have been banned many weeks ago if so desired. We're not completely stoopid, contrary to what some may believe.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I have no problem with you closing one of my other accounts! However, could you let me retain the other five?;-)

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Not sure you are aware of the correct term Bozza but it's called a Sockpuppet

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Depends what people are using them for, If it's just for winding people up and being a general nuisance or it's a banned poster then i'm happy to see them closed down but sometimes they can be amusing especially when somebody gets caught out talking to themself as has happened before.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
What are people's views on how moderators should handle duplicate accounts on NSC?

Let's be clear: if a user has been previously banned for persistent abuse and they re-register they will be banned again as soon as their identity is known. They may keep below the radar for a while, but sooner or later something usually triggers an investigation into the specifics of their account.

This is more about when someone registers another account and uses it instead of, or as well as, their primary account. Common reasons might be...

- Mischief making
- Wanting to express some more extreme views than they are comfortable doing so with their main account
- Wanting a 'clean start', thereby informally abandoning their previous account and starting again.

As moderators we have the ability to merge multiple accounts together and can also block or delete an account if required.

I'm not going to make this a poll as a simple black/white rule might not apply, based on the particular circumstances.

Well, whadayafink?

Seeing I got a years ban for questioining duplicate accounts/sock puppets I think your an arsehole.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Let them do as they like un less they are doing it to cause trouble - evade a ban, wind people up e.t.c.

I have another acocunt I assume the mods have spotted that I use whenever I want to make a point without everyone rolling their eyes and going look it's that guy without an R...

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I think individual 'users' should be limited to one account. If they aren't brave enough to post something under their 'normal' username that suggests that they should probably think very carefully about posting it at all. If someone wants to 'abandon' an old username and start again they I don't see the harm in doing that - but they should let a mod (Bozza?) know and he can delete the old account. The vast vast vast majority of the 'mischief making' stuff is stupid and not at all entertaining anyway.

Saved me some typing...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I dont think there's a need for an alter ego. I can comfortably confuse myself with just the one!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I don't understand why these types of questions are asked when the majority view is ignored because the moderators generally want to keep things the way they are anyway. Like the poll and discussions regarding away fans taking the piss for example.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Fine with me if people want more than one account (usually of course to put rather sad 'wind-ups' on)..........but...............can Bozza put a list of those with more than one account with their niks...?.......please. Could be very interesting.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't understand why these types of questions are asked when the majority view is ignored because the moderators generally want to keep things the way they are anyway. Like the poll and discussions regarding away fans taking the piss for example.

I think we should ignore rool and keep thing as they are

and I was amused when we found out that paul valley and HB&B were both Hyacinth Bucket

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here