Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Duplicate accounts

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Can you not ban an individual's IP address?

I don't see a need for any duplicate accounts, it just encourages trouble makers to post to themselves and keeps their worthless comments near the top of the page with their constant messages

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
That's pretty much my view as well. Some of the bhadebenhams and London Pompous stuff was brilliant and it would be a shame to lose that element of NSC. I think all but the very stupid realised that they were parodies.

Pity the Bars Mar one got closed.

Agree to a point, but in general it's snidey thing to do, and used to gang up on a user and railroad a point home.
Maybe you could have a flashing red alert against each post, warning of a 'Duplicate account holder' or something..

(In tandem, one of the best things on here is when a mod threatens to <and sometimes does> unmask a duplicate account; either way, can you have more of these please ?)
Gives me an idea - a game of public unmasking..like a 'Guess Who' line up of users, and slowly we whittle it down to (say) Gav1901, again.. :)

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I think if the duplicate account is used for parody or comedy purposes, fine. If it is used for extreme views, fishing, making it seem like you're more popular, etc. then they should be deleted.

If you've given your original account a bad name, then tough. You live with the consequence and earn back some good reputation, don't hide behind a new account.

I 100% agree.

Really badly I can't remember his name, but the poster who passed away last year, his second account he only posted in pictures somewhat relevant to the topic. I thought it was really funny.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I'm hoping most of the posters on the computer games board are duplicates having a laugh because otherwise there would appear to be lots of very sad individuals registering with no interest in the Albion as they never appear on the main board.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
I'm hoping most of the posters on the computer games board are duplicates having a laugh because otherwise there would appear to be lots of very sad individuals registering with no interest in the Albion as they never appear on the main board.

Only one account here just don't post as much drivel as alot of people!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Constant sniping and being a cock are not detailed points and only fair in your delusional mind.

You're an idiot.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I 100% agree.

Really badly I can't remember his name, but the poster who passed away last year, his second account he only posted in pictures somewhat relevant to the topic. I thought it was really funny.

rip defrocked priest (eggnog)

Big Hoang

Banned
Nov 10, 2011
Agree completely. Second accounts only allow people to act in a way they wouldn't usually.

Butta this isa not right, why do you not hava the same username as you have ona our webasite??

lets_hear_it4_theboyz

You area twicky customa Mr Dwumstick hahaha!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Butta this isa not right, why do you not hava the same username as you have ona our webasite??

lets_hear_it4_theboyz

You area twicky customa Mr Dwumstick hahaha!

This seems to be going the other way - two or three people using the same post!

You can't read that without hearing more than one comedy accent!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt with delusional, maybe plain old dumbfuck would suffice. Next time try and bring something of substance rather than just flapping your gums aimlessly.

Thanks Looney, I will try to.

You are a strange man.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Strange is joining in a binfest about a thread you obviously haven't read son.

I have read it, what would suggest I haven't? In Bozza's post when he banned you, he said he was sick of your 'constant sniping', so that's what I put. And you have to admit, you are a bit of a cock sometimes.

I'm sorry for the 'idiot' comment, I am seriously hungover today and not in the greatest of moods.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Big Hoang now banned for demonstrating exactly how duplicate accounts can be abused.

I was just thinking that it showed Bozza's comment that 'new accounts created by those already banned would be closed as soon as they put their heads parapet' clearly is accurate.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I have read it, what would suggest I haven't? In Bozza's post when he banned you, he said he was sick of your 'constant sniping', so that's what I put. And you have to admit, you are a bit of a cock sometimes.

I'm sorry for the 'idiot' comment, I am seriously hungover today and not in the greatest of moods.

So your Parroting others, well ok then.

I will Donate £100 to the REMF if Bozza agrees to post a list of all posters and their sock puppets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here